Ellison's Spring Nail Competition - please vote

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manda Panda

Reaction score
My 16 year old daughter has entered the Ellison's spring nail competition on facebook and is currently in 2nd place.Unfortunately this competition isn't judged by the company you have to ask, beg for votes.

Shelby has taken the time to design these nails, extend the nail bed, made all the flowers by hand and also created them on her own hand! which was tricky to say the least.

Please feel free to have a look and also vote for her if you feel she is a worth winner.

Any feedback would be fabulous too :biggrin: xx

http://offerpop.com/FacebookContest...st_votes&access_token=null&id=1042852&rest2=0

Last edited:
My 16 year old daughter has entered the Ellison's spring nail competition on facebook and is currently in 2nd place.Unfortunately this competition isn't judged by the company you have to ask, beg for votes.

Shelby has taken the time to design these nails, extend the nail bed, made all the flowers by hand and also created them on her own hand! which was tricky to say the least.

Please feel free to have a look and also vote for her if you feel she is a worth winner.

Any feedback would be fabulous too :biggrin: xx

Her nails look lovely, and shes only 16!! OMG

I think that comp is a bit too vauge as there is lots of different types of nail art, gel, acrylic paint, L&P,3D.
It would be nice to see separate catogories.

Good job Shelby x

I totally agree with you obsessionNails.
Shelby is still studying at college and training in nails. I know I might be a little biased but I think she's done a fab Job.
Would be great if she was to get recognition for all her hard work. Xx

I was looking through them the other day and couldn't decide which to vote for so have sent my vote your daughters way, they are excellent! Good luck :)

Wow they look fab. Well done Shelby! x

Going to be totally dim now but where do I need to look? On website or facebook? Xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Oh I'll have a look!! I entered mine, they are Shellac designs but not exactly spring based. It's so hard to get votes, I'll vote for her x

Stephiebaby I've posted a link to the Facebook page. Xx

I'm currently in 4th place in this competition but I've given up asking for votes because I'm never going to catch up with the 3 other girls now. I did message Shelby on Facebook the other day and say to her that if I didn't win I would like her to, her nails are awesome. I also voted for her too and left a comment on the page :) Good luck to her!

Jenna00 its almost near on impossible to get votes. We have over 400 likes on our salon page and Shelby has over 700 friends on her personal facebook and we're still struggling for votes. It's more a popularity competition which I feel is slightly unfair xx

Aww thats a lovely thing to say Kazzmetics. Me and Shelby will vote for you xx

Jenna00 its almost near on impossible to get votes. We have over 400 likes on our salon page and Shelby has over 700 friends on her personal facebook and we're still struggling for votes. It's more a popularity competition which I feel is slightly unfair xx
I only have 360 friends on Facebook an 230 likes on my Facebook page so I've really had no chance lol! I can't believe Shelby did those nails on herself, that's impressive! It really is just a popularity contest though unfortunately :(!

I only have 360 friends on Facebook an 230 likes on my Facebook page so I've really had no chance lol! I can't believe Shelby did those nails on herself, that's impressive! It really is just a popularity contest though unfortunately :(!

She spent hours doing them, thats why theres only one hand in the picture :lol:
My vase of daffs came in handy too! xx

Thankyou every so much for your feedback. I agree with all you ladies! I'm surprised Ellisons didn't short list a selection at least, oh well. I'm starting to give up now but i'd be happy with being the runner up. To be honest I'm not in the competition for the prize at all but I would love some form of recognition as I work so hard compared to some girls I know my age x

Thankyou every so much for your feedback. I agree with all you ladies! I'm surprised Ellisons didn't short list a selection at least, oh well. I'm starting to give up now but i'd be happy with being the runner up. To be honest I'm not in the competition for the prize at all but I would love some form of recognition as I work so hard compared to some girls I know my age x

If that's the case I'll gladly take the prizes off you if you win haha! I only entered because of the prizes. I don't have a CND lamp yet :( nor the new spring colours or additives. I knew the competition was just to get Ellisons more likes on their page, it's not really about talent unfortunately :( x

PS- I can't believe the winner so far has been allowed to enter 20 different designs on one photo. If I'd have known that I'd have sent in a picture of my nail art wheels lol!

I entered Ellisons Spring Nail Competition recently. I am currently in second place and voting ends today at 4pm. The competition is based on votes rather than the skill involved which I find unfair as I spent a lot of time during my busy schedule of being an apprentice as well as doing additional night courses to create these nails. I used Nail Harmonys Fusion Acrylic to extend the nail bed, create colour fades, as well as add hand made 3D acrylic art. I havnt finished my training in acrylic yet and I am only 16.

This is my very last chance to get any votes and im now on the edge of begging for votes. As you can all probably guess I am very determined. If you think Im worth please please please spare a second to vote :) Thankyou xx

Shelby -- Ellisons Hair and Beauty Show us your Spring style

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've voted! Xx

Hi,

You are a student at castleford college aren't you? If so I've voted for you as I teach beauty and nails from there.

You popped it on Facebook and twitter?

I voted for you, I wish you the best of luck :) xx

Latest posts

Back