Email booking???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbee

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I have received a particular email enquiry regarding one of my treatments, which I responded too, when I signed off the email I put my business name and contact telephone. This lady has again emailed me asking if she can make a particular appointment on one of two days, and if this is not ok could I phone her.

My question is: should I phone her to make the appointment??? She is coming to me from out of the area and the treatment she wants takes up 2 hours of my salon time - I feel that if she is not able to phone me to make the booking is she likely to make the booking then cancel at the last minute or not show up.

I would appreciate your comments and advice:confused:

I get loads of business through e-mail and its easy for people to book that way if they are at work make the app then phone night befor just to confirm maybe.

I get loads of emails too, this way people can book while at work that way without their colleagues hearing their business also some people are just plain shy. You could ring her as you have never been to her before just to check she is who she says she is. You definitely need a contact number anyway incase you need to cancel in an emergency. :hug: Just noticed this is almost the same advise as above!

If she has given you her number I would just give her a call and confirm an appointment on whichever day is good for you.
It's so much easier than communicating via emails.

I get loads of emails too, this way people can book while at work that way without their colleagues hearing their business also some people are just plain shy. You could ring her as you have never been to her before just to check she is who she says she is. You definitely need a contact number anyway incase you need to cancel in an emergency quote]

This would be my advice too!! xx

Personally speaking, I find email bookings very good, as has been said before 9 times out of 10 clients do it from work. I have found that they will ask you things that they may not over the phone. I have had, email conversations with clients in the past and and after getting their initial questions out of the way I suggest that I call them and it makes it so much easier sometimes as you have started to build that rapport and have a good idea of what they are looking for. :)

If she has given you her number I would just give her a call and confirm an appointment on whichever day is good for you.
It's so much easier than communicating via emails.

I agree!

I am happy to take email booking as I book everything that I do via email also. I generally do it for two reasons,

1) Sometimes I just want to get something booked quickly without having to faff about and make pleasantries (that may sound rude or unsociable but on a busy day I just want to get things done)

and 2) My blackberry is effectively my right hand man these days and when I book things via email I can keep the email on my blackberry for reference for when I forget what time I have booked for. lol.

If you would not want bookings through your email, then why give it out.

I agree its one of the best forms of communication, as we all know its so hard to answer your phone when working on a client.
:|

Personally I don't. I won't take bookings via email (I don't advertise email address anymore) or text message. My opinion is that if they can't be bothered to ring and speak to me to make a booking, then that's their tough luck. With established clients I will allow text messages but new clients, no.

Wishbabe - I never gave out email addy for bookings - it is available on my website for enquiries.

Thanks to all of you for your advice and comments, I phoned the client and have made booking.

back and forth, back and forth, back and forth ..... why not pick up the bloody phone ?

Latest posts

Back