Embarassed !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazori

Reaction score
Im rather embarassed to talk about this with anyone in real life, but anyway. I have a problem with body hair, and currently shave my legs, landing strip and all round there, and the underarms. But embarassingly I have a hairy bum, and wondered whats the best way to get a smooth hairless bum? Its so damn unnattractive these days for girls to be seen with hair.. i also get trouble with the little bit of hair under the belly button, but i shaved that off..worst thing really as now it just looks horrible and I hide myself all the time. Always been the self conscious person anyway! Id never go to a beach in a bikini. If you could offer any tips of advice I'd really appreciate it thank you.

Also considered a brazillian wax, or whatever it is..forgot the name for having it ALL off around there..but yea.. from reading some of the articles it seems to be much cleaner and sexier, would definatly raise my self confidence with myself and infront of my boyfriend! How long does it actually last? and does it really hurt? I'm almost 17 but not the one to go flashing my bits to everyone epecially if i look hairy.. currently shave down there atm but it seems like waxing could become a helpful treat.

Thanks if you can help me out :)

Sounds like waxing is the answer to me. When I do a Brazillian wax (everything off, front and back), the butt gets done too. Althought if someone wanted just a regular bikini wax and also wanted the hair off the back end, this can be done as well. Don't feel so embarrased... most of the women I wax have hairy butts :)

Shaving is the worse thing you can do imo.
Go and get waxed it will be strange first time but after that you will be fine it will also last you longer.

I really dont get this whole "hairless" attitude that society has now, what is wrong with hair?
No amount of outer modification can substitute a lack of love for yourself, once you love yourself fully, you accept yourself.

I really dont get this whole "hairless" attitude that society has now, what is wrong with hair?
I think you should put this in a thread of it's own because its a very good question.I have mothers asking me to wax their 10 year olds because they are getting teased at school.What is wrong with a bit of hair where its supposed to be i certainly dont get hollywoods why would you want the bits of a pre pubescent.

i think a lot of it is a confidence thing, i would feel self concious too, and if you can get it waxed then why not, would deffo try waxing hun, good luck xxx

In some ways I am inclined to agree with you but only because I don't suffer with it.

To flip the coin my daughter is like her father thankfully only in the respect that she has alot of body hair.

She is constantly teased at school(she's 14) and because of this she shaved her belly button hair and now it grows back worse.

She also has fine, somewhat darkish, hair that sit just above her bottom above her jeans and with all the cropped tops etc that the girls wear she gets very embarressed.

My point is I can see exactly where people who suffer with this problem are coming from and I do think waxing is the answer. I would certainly allow my daughter to do it when she is at the right age especially if she continues to get mocked by the little ****es at school.

That just my opinion though!

Teri x:hug:

If the hair is dark but not so thick on some areas you could also bleach it with a kit from the chemists :)

eh maybe in a few years time the theme will be "blue eyes", life would be boring if we were hairless and and blue eyed, I say dont be a follower like a bunch of sheep, express your individuality!
I agree this sort of subject does belong to another forum and it would be interesting topic....

eh maybe in a few years time the theme will be "blue eyes", life would be boring if we were hairless and and blue eyed, I say dont be a follower like a bunch of sheep, express your individuality!
I agree this sort of subject does belong to another forum and it would be interesting topic....
Stick it on chit chat because it effects us all.

Im rather embarassed to talk about this with anyone in real life, but anyway. I have a problem with body hair, and currently shave my legs, landing strip and all round there, and the underarms. But embarassingly I have a hairy bum, and wondered whats the best way to get a smooth hairless bum? Its so damn unnattractive these days for girls to be seen with hair.. i also get trouble with the little bit of hair under the belly button, but i shaved that off..worst thing really as now it just looks horrible and I hide myself all the time. Always been the self conscious person anyway! Id never go to a beach in a bikini. If you could offer any tips of advice I'd really appreciate it thank you.

Also considered a brazillian wax, or whatever it is..forgot the name for having it ALL off around there..but yea.. from reading some of the articles it seems to be much cleaner and sexier, would definatly raise my self confidence with myself and infront of my boyfriend! How long does it actually last? and does it really hurt? I'm almost 17 but not the one to go flashing my bits to everyone epecially if i look hairy.. currently shave down there atm but it seems like waxing could become a helpful treat.

WAxing would definately be best for you but you have to remember that you have to grow it back to a certain length before you can have it done again so if you always want to look smooth at all times its no good.Also you have a certain responsibility inbetween to exfoliate and moisturise regularly so you dont get ingrowing hairs which can be painful and unsightly and it can be costly.
Are you going to be training in waxing.I do my own and with a mirror and some amazing positions i can do everwhere except my underarms.

WAxing would definately be best for you but you have to remember that you have to grow it back to a certain length before you can have it done again so if you always want to look smooth at all times its no good.Also you have a certain responsibility inbetween to exfoliate and moisturise regularly so you dont get ingrowing hairs which can be painful and unsightly and it can be costly.
Are you going to be training in waxing.I do my own and with a mirror and some amazing positions i can do everwhere except my underarms.

I'm very impressed you can do your own, I had a try but didn't seem to be able to rip it off in the right direction or at speed!:irked:

I think you should put this in a thread of it's own because its a very good question.I have mothers asking me to wax their 10 year olds because they are getting teased at school.What is wrong with a bit of hair where its supposed to be i certainly dont get hollywoods why would you want the bits of a pre pubescent.

Ok I'm really confused can someone tell me the difference between the Hollywood and the Brazilian. I thought the everything off look like a 9 year old was a Brazilian and the little strip was a Hollywood is this wrong?? I do normal waxing but not brave enough to go down this route!!

I do my own and with a mirror and some amazing positions i can do everwhere

Do you have any advice on the best way/positions to be able to do yourself?

thanks in advance x

I have a daughter that has stomach hair and back hair, I have waxed her several times, it's a nice outcome. However, she isn't consistent in having it done regularly. I don't think it's a really big deal but then again, I'm not hairy and it seems to make her feel better. I did bleach her a couple of times too, it worked nicely, but the hair is still the issue. She is very light skinned and the hair is dark so it stands out. I think now that she is almost 20 she's accepting it!

aj

Ok I'm really confused can someone tell me the difference between the Hollywood and the Brazilian. I thought the everything off look like a 9 year old was a Brazilian and the little strip was a Hollywood is this wrong?? I do normal waxing but not brave enough to go down this route!!

Technically, Brazillian is completely bald, back and front, but may also include leaving a patch of hair above the pubis mons. However, others have adapted other names to it depending on the amounts of hair being left, and how they wish to market it. Where i am from, there is only a basic bikini wax, or a brazilian wax.

Technically, Brazillian is completely bald, back and front, but may also include leaving a patch of hair above the pubis mons. However, others have adapted other names to it depending on the amounts of hair being left, and how they wish to market it. Where i am from, there is only a basic bikini wax, or a brazilian wax.

Thanks for that I was getting very confused and thought I was going a bit mad lol

God I would love some tips on how to wax myself everywhere!!! I do my own underarms but go get the rest done elsewhere. If you're a bit nervous about having a brazillian, I have something called a g string wax which is in between a bikini and a brazillian, she basically follows the line of my thong. Good luck though, hun. Don't feel pressurised into anything but if it's bringing you down or making you feel self conscious then waxing can certainly make you feel great about yourself!

hi im emily im new to all this chattin on here too.. one of my clients has mass amount of body hair n she shaved for years n had her 1st waxing done the other day n she is over the moon n said she would only eva b waxed .... it just takes me more or less half a day to d fluff her lol bless.

Do you have any advice on the best way/positions to be able to do yourself?

thanks in advance x
I do it on my couch back propped up no underwear mirror at bottom of couch and in small bits.i use a roller system and pot sugar wax its not easy in the way that you get very sticky where you cant see but thats where i use the sugar wax because it dissolves in water.Also make sure everythings to hand especially the strips.

Latest posts

Back