Encasing paper design..HeLLLLLLLLP! Quick!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tess walters

Reaction score
Normally I would'nt be whiney, but I have this really cool design on really really thin paper that I have wet in monomer and tried to affix on a high arched nail! It always gets a pucker somewhere! I have tried gel, wet acrylic, and 6 different glues. The paper is really thin and the monomer saturates the paper, so it is very pliable. For some reason it just won't stay down! It will on a flat nail! But I want to get it on an arched nail? There has got to be a way to do this! I am totally stumped!
Hellllllp! Pleeeeeeeeeease!
The person with the cure gets a surprise from me in the mail! [ I mean it!]
Thanks so Much you guys and gals!
Tess

have you tried resin and activator i had to do this when i used feathers (another story)

Might sound really stupid but have you tried cutting a small v either side where the arch is they should meet up together with no pucker then xx

If you used gel...and applied a layer of gel..then the paper...it should stick long enough to cure under the lamp...then encase with another layer of gel....or....use adhesive and glue it down...then encase with your chosen product.

You could always do the nail flat to start with, lay the picture, then build the high arch over the top in clear

I have tried all those things except cutting a v in the paper. I will ry it and see if it works. Also I will try a resin and spray[ would that be like backscratchers system?]

Well fingers crossed you get something to work hunny ..x

suzie49, What exactly do you mean! I think I know, but can you be more specific?

Zoealana, is it nail glue you are talking about with kicker? Im from the states, and I think your resin is what we call glue! Would that be like a fiberglass product with a spray activator?
Anybody?

i take it you didnt get my pm. thats ok it is basically the backscratchers system with thick 'glue' and spray activator. if you need any help just pm me no problem
zoe

I will have to order some of this. So it has been years since I used any thing like this. Does the glue stay wet for awhile, untill you spray the kicker?

it stays wet a bit longer than normal glue because it is thicker ( i think)

Latest posts

Back