Enhancements lasting 2 months

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billymiff

Reaction score
Hi All
I just had my 1st phone call of my leaflets thats i gave out 2 weeks ago yaayy!! anyway shes decided to have her toes minxed but whilst she was on the phone she was debating whether or not to get nail enhancements (she leaving them for now till the next couple of weeks) but she said shes only had them done once in America and they lasted for 2 months, they didn't grow up much as her nails grow slow. Is this possible???
I'll speak to her tomorrow about it when she comes to be minxed

So excited and nervous...my 1st "real" client woohoo x x

Is she older? I had a client that was older with poor circulation and she could go 5-6 weeks for a rebalance and look like she had only gone two. Maybe ask her if she would please come in for a two-week rebalance so you could check them for yourself, then gradually let her go longer if that really is the case. Be sure to taper down nicely in zone three so as they grow it is smooth and she could change polish at home. Congrats on your call!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Congratulations on your first call! Hope it goes well!!

yes it is possible seeing that toes nails dont grow as quickly as fingernails, i have seen it before

Hi All
I just had my 1st phone call of my leaflets thats i gave out 2 weeks ago yaayy!! anyway shes decided to have her toes minxed but whilst she was on the phone she was debating whether or not to get nail enhancements (she leaving them for now till the next couple of weeks) but she said shes only had them done once in America and they lasted for 2 months, they didn't grow up much as her nails grow slow. Is this possible???
I'll speak to her tomorrow about it when she comes to be minxed

So excited and nervous...my 1st "real" client woohoo x x

I have some clients who have gone anywhere from 6 - 11 and a half weeks between appointments and all they have is severe regrowth with the nail enhancements either almost grown off or half way down the nail plate.
I use CND products.

Some clients nails do grow slowly, whilst some grow very quick - I usually notice that those clients who's hair grows quick, so do their nails.

I'm guessing if she had them done in the USA, there is a possibility she may have NSS nails, however, as you can see by my clients, she may also have great products, properly applied on her nails, which can last.
I do have to say though, I recommend my clients intially, for them to come back to see me after 2 weeks & then take it from there, the most/longest I will suggest they go is 4 weeks - the clients that have gone for longer periods than that have done so due to their own issues/personal reasons etc. But still, the nails have been in place & no problems.

yes it is possible seeing that toes nails dont grow as quickly as fingernails, i have seen it before

I think she's talking about clients fingernail enhancements, not toes, even though the client has booked in to have her toes Minxed. x

Hi
Thanks for you good luck wishes and thanks for the replies....yes bev rose i was talking about fingernails..sorry if i confused anyone x x x

Congratulations and good luck.

Although possible, don't believe everything you hear from clients! ( 8 weeks is NOT the norm for anyone unless they have exceptionally slow nail growth).

In any case, If a client goes more than 6 weeks between visits to my table, they get charged a full set price for their maintenance because of the extra time I need to take, to rebalance the whole nail and to check that there are no problems brewing.

My rebalance price goes up each week to a max of 6 weeks. Up to 3 weeks is one price .. one day over and into the 4th week is another price and so on to a max of six weeks. Almost everyone comes within the 3 week period, which is what I want them to do.:green:

What you also have to remember is, the client may tell you she gets two months out of her enhancements... I've had a few older clients who would get 6 weeks and their nails would look perfect, apart from growth that is.

Another client rang me after about 12 weeks and wanted to book in with me.. she's a nail biter and I was so shocked that her nails were still on (I had assumed she had bitten them all off)

Well, she said "My nails are still on and they're perfect"... so in she comes and I had a look :Scared: OMG!! they were almost hanging off!!

I have a pic of them somewhere.. but the point is, she thought "great, I can go 12 weeks without going back to the salon", and I was thinking "you can NOT.. please don't tell anyone who does your nails" :lol:

What you also have to remember is, the client may tell you she gets two months out of her enhancements... I've had a few older clients who would get 6 weeks and their nails would look perfect, apart from growth that is.

Another client rang me after about 12 weeks and wanted to book in with me.. she's a nail biter and I was so shocked that her nails were still on (I had assumed she had bitten them all off)

Well, she said "My nails are still on and they're perfect"... so in she comes and I had a look :Scared: OMG!! they were almost hanging off!!

I have a pic of them somewhere.. but the point is, she thought "great, I can go 12 weeks without going back to the salon", and I was thinking "you can NOT.. please don't tell anyone who does your nails" :lol:

And what charge did you make for all the extra work?

The only way to make clients 'come to heel' and treat their enhancements with a bit of respect (not to mention treat YOU with respect) is to CHARGE them when they over step the mark, and let them know they cannot get away with tricks like going so long between appointments.

I'm with you on that one Geeg.. so she was charged for a full set.

She also went away with a few products 'cause she was so happy with her nails and she didn't mind paying full price that time.. although I insisted she make an appointment there and then for the next time (she learned her lesson:green:)

I'm guessing if she had them done in the USA, there is a possibility she may have NSS nails,

Interesting conclusion. I think if she had them done anywhere in the world, there's a possibility she has "NSS nails" (whatever those are)

Why is it if someone's work lasts they have to be NSS? You said yourself that your nails can hold up just as well.

By the way, quick salons over here are quickly cleaning up there act, using high-end products, and passing their inspections, and they speak English fluently. So now what are we going to do?

Interesting conclusion. I think if she had them done anywhere in the world, there's a possibility she has "NSS nails" (whatever those are)

Why is it if someone's work lasts they have to be NSS? You said yourself that your nails can hold up just as well.

By the way, quick salons over here are quickly cleaning up there act, using high-end products, and passing their inspections, and they speak English fluently. So now what are we going to do?

Ha ha ... Jessie .. I just knew some USA techs would not like that comment and in fairness I'm certain that Bev Rose did not mean it quite as it came out ...

Just because nails last a long time of course does not lead anyone to the conclusion that they were done by NSS .. nor should it. But as we do see in the UK a plethora of nails done with stuff we cannot remove and clients always say, they got them done in the US, many infer that MOST nails are done with products that are not standard and are associated with this type of salon .. of course it is not true and there are many great salons and conscientious technicians who would quite rightly take offense to a remark like that.

I think, knowing Bev Rose very well over the years, that her remark was not meant to imply that most salons in the USA are NSS. Let me apologize on her behalf (as she is not on line and obviously working) to all good US techs that this was not meant to convey a lack of good standards in the US as a general comment ... we all know better than that!! :hug:

Sorry if I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

We definately have to clean up our fair share of messes with new clients. But, I don't think I've ever come accross MMA in my career. Usually what happens is a drill mark in the nail, like rings on a tree, where you can count the appt's. And the famous ,"removal via another nail tip" Still hear about that alot.

Things are changing here though. I was in Baltimore and had a manicure. The place was spotless, licenses with a picture were prominently displayed and there was a sign stating "If your technician is chatting in Vietnamese, your service is free."

U.S. trade magazines (like Nail Pro and Nails) have come out with Vietnamese language editions and in most states even the state licensing exams are available in a few languages. And if your language isn't accomodated, you can bring a translator.

My point is, I don't think anyone wants to do a bad job, they just need the training. And to feel included. Maybe reach out to these "would-be" professionals. If you can raise their standards, you raise the publics general perception of our industry. Just seems more constructive to me than pointing fingers.

Ha ha ... Jessie .. I just knew some USA techs would not like that comment and in fairness I'm certain that Bev Rose did not mean it quite as it came out ...

Just because nails last a long time of course does not lead anyone to the conclusion that they were done by NSS .. nor should it. But as we do see in the UK a plethora of nails done with stuff we cannot remove and clients always say, they got them done in the US, many infer that MOST nails are done with products that are not standard and are associated with this type of salon .. of course it is not true and there are many great salons and conscientious technicians who would quite rightly take offense to a remark like that.

I think, knowing Bev Rose very well over the years, that her remark was not meant to imply that most salons in the USA are NSS. Let me apologize on her behalf (as she is not on line and obviously working) to all good US techs that this was not meant to convey a lack of good standards in the US as a general comment ... we all know better than that!! :hug:

OMG! I'm sorry if you took my remarks the wrong way & thank you so much Geeg for responding on my behalf:hug: (yes I was working otherwise I'd of seen this earlier) I know that the vast majority of US tech are exceptionally good & professional techs & was not meant as any kind of slur to anyone, and I'm glad you understand that Jessie, after Geeg's comments:hug:

The reason I replied to the initail poster is because I have had clients into my salon having had nails applied in the US, with bleeding nail plates under the acrylic & rings of fire, plus others with very hard to remove product & rings of fire - on discussion with the clients, I came to the conculsion that they had visited,what we professionals would describe as NSS.
I have also had clients in my salon that have had some awesome nails applied in the US too.
I have had far more clients, who've had their nails done in the UK with horrible nail plate damage & suspected MMA on their nails, judging by the smell & time it took to remove.
I'm am in no way suggesting that if you go the the States, you get bad nails - good heavens - is'nt this where it all began!!!!:hug:

I have some clients who have gone anywhere from 6 - 11 and a half weeks between appointments and all they have is severe regrowth with the nail enhancements either almost grown off or half way down the nail plate.
I use CND products.

Some clients nails do grow slowly, whilst some grow very quick - I usually notice that those clients who's hair grows quick, so do their nails.

I'm guessing if she had them done in the USA, there is a possibility she may have NSS nails, however, as you can see by my clients, she may also have great products, properly applied on her nails, which can last.
I do have to say though, I recommend my clients intially, for them to come back to see me after 2 weeks & then take it from there, the most/longest I will suggest they go is 4 weeks - the clients that have gone for longer periods than that have done so due to their own issues/personal reasons etc. But still, the nails have been in place & no problems.

I think she's talking about clients fingernail enhancements, not toes, even though the client has booked in to have her toes Minxed. x

Also, if you read the full sentence, you can see I am not disrepecting US techs and only said it is a possibility, not a fact she had NSS nails. I did suggest she may also have great nails applied by a great tech using great products.
Like you say, NSS are all over the place & it could of been any country, but USA was where she had them applied.

Latest posts

Back