Ever get a client telling you their nail just "pinged off"?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has the clients nail actually "pinged" off or hit with the force of a sledgehammer?

• Yes it really "pinged" off

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Yes it really "pinged" off after being hit with the force of a sledgehammer!

Votes: 67 74.4%

• Total voters

Tiger Jay

Reaction score
Have you ever had a client call you back to tell you that their nail just "pinged off" or it just "dropped off"? On one occasion I had someone say,"....one minute it was there......and I looked at my hand the next, and it was gone!"

Any one buying this one?

I have had a client recently that insisted they all just fell off while she was in the bath - problem is how can you prove it enough to convince them!

My niece has them ping off, drop off, float off in the bath fly off, pop off - for all the above read PICK off:irked::irked::irked::irked::irked:

I have had a client recently that insisted they all just fell off while she was in the bath - problem is how can you prove it enough to convince them!

i believe there is something you can do with scrubfresh for this purpose ..but im rubbish at remembering things so cant remember what it was :irked:

or tell her you want all the "popped off" nails back in a sealed envolope to send of to the lab to make sure there is not a problem with your batch of products :green:

I used to believe them, and I used to feel crap about it... then I learnt about the art of 'pinging' and now I tell them how and why it happens, since then I've not had a pinger, but I have had a "oooh it came off after I whacked it" lol

i believe there is something you can do with scrubfresh for this purpose ..but im rubbish at remembering things so cant remember what it was :irked:
the trick is to wipe scrubfresh over the supposed nail that suffered the 'pinger', if you can see evidence of damaged nail then it definitely HASN'T pinged, if the nail is 'clean' and undamaged then it means the enhancement wasn't ever on properly in the first place.
hth's

I used to believe them, and I used to feel crap about it... then I learnt about the art of 'pinging' and now I tell them how and why it happens, since then I've not had a pinger, but I have had a "oooh it came off after I whacked it" lol
Too true!

they try to - i tell them i know if it pinged or not, then go into the repair, then they go on to tell ya how it was REALLY done

or tell her you want all the "popped off" nails back in a sealed envolope to send of to the lab to make sure there is not a problem with your batch of products :green:
lol forgot to add ..is she bit them of very carefully and they are still whole ,you can just glue them back on next appointment and tell her the lab sent them back and said there was nothing wrong with them HAHAHAHAH !!
bet them babies dont "pop off again " :green:

anyways back to the question lol ..
i used to have lots of pop offs ,but i dont really anymore ..they all admit they bit picked ,banged ect.
if i do i just explain if they popped off ,that would have to mean they mustnt have been adhered properly in the first place to the nails plate ,so i find it really strange how it has peeled so many layers of your nail plate with it ...this is the face they pull ...:eek:
like sh!t ive been caught out !

i had one in the shop the other week ..and she said "em look at my nail (in that i expect symathy tone) it popped off and look what its done. she had pure peeled layers and lychonichia too ..so i had a good examine (just a quick glance really but made it look like i examined)
and said "no love you have bit that off havent you" she went "noo i never it just like came off"
so again i went ..nooooo it never ,i have bit off my own before now y'know ,i know you bit it off "
so she smiled and said "oh ok well mabey i did a little "
job done shes booked in for a new set and a telling off :lol:

Have you ever had a client call you back to tell you that their nail just "pinged off" or it just "dropped off"? On one occasion I had someone say,"....one minute it was there......and I looked at my hand the next, and it was gone!"

Any one buying this one?

i know for me, my nails are oily, so in the past when other techs were doing my nails (before i started doing nails) if they did not use enough primer, the enhancments would literally come off in one chunk, the whole thing! Since using Brisa, i have not lifted AT ALL i think that it is because most systems bond to the nail w/a hydrogen bond, but brisa creates a different bond... seems to work.

99% of the time i find that nails do not generally just drop off for no reason...there HAS to be some reason for the lifting, or popping off. JMO :)

also, like emmysbabes said, you can see if the nail comes off clean, it is not the clients fault, and generally not the techs fault either (as long as prep was complete) but if it comes off with shreds of the natural nail attached or chunks of the natural nail are gone, you can tell that the client "helped" them off

:lol: I've heard 'em all.
I just woke up & it was gone.
Digging in the garden........but I was wearing gloves!!!!
I don't know what happened, & the nails are chewed to the knuckles.

I just tell them now it's not possible for them to just fall off.

I have one client who has oily nail plates & you really can see the difference, hers did come off clean, not a mark on the nail, other peeps, you can see the trauma all over.

I've got some few clients who always have nails that just "pinged off" LOL ...

One of them even came to me with 4 corners missing at the free edge on the same hand .. telling me that the L&P just fell off :irked:

I used to get worked up over the "it fell off" bragade.....but as i have lots of clients who never have a nail just fall off....i just don't listen anymore....i sit and shake my hands at them and say look "mine ain't falling off"....I prefer and respect the honesty i get from most of my clients....they come in and say..."Ooops had an accident and i banged my nail"....thats fine we all do it sometimes. But for the ones who's nails just happen to ping/fall off.....yeah right !!! xx

i used to have this problem.. my clients would come back to me telling me that there was a crack in the l+p and the next thing they knew.... it had 'just fallen off'... then i would think it was my fault.. that i didnt apply the l+p correctly which cause the crack and they had 'fallen off'.... so i would repair the nails for free...

but then i was later taught by gigi and heather that 'the crack' was done by them banging the nails on something and causing the nail to break.. and sure enough... when i had a good look at the nail.. there was trauma on the nail plate...

it was nothing to do with my techinque.. or ratio.. or strength of product... it was simply the fact that they had not looked after them...

so now...? no more free repairs from me... you wouldnt go out and buy a top , then accidently rip it and take it back to the shop to saying ' well.. can i have a new one cos your top just ripped on me'.. would you..??

although.. having said that.. i think that if your apex is not built up properly and not in the correct place.... then it does make the nail weaker...

When I used to get my nails done, before I trained, I used to say this to my nail tech all the time! :o It's quite funny being on the other side of the fence, now.

When I used to get my nails done, before I trained, I used to say this to my nail tech all the time! :o It's quite funny being on the other side of the fence, now.

yup...this is a good point. I was once a client too and i used to get lifting...she would glue the lifting back down and i thought it looked pants...so i would pick the lifted nails off so she couldn't do that and would have to do a new nail...:lol: but i never told her i picked it off....i would say "ohh i dunno what happened to it, must have pinged off"....:lol:

at some point i probably have ripped a top and took it back knowing me :o lol ...i take everything back ..i even once embarrassed my little sis
byt asking for a refund when we went swimming
we had only been in about 5/10 minutes when someone threw up in the pool ,so we all had to get out ..so i went over to the life gaurd and said "so do we get a refund then" she nearly died hahahaha :green:

sorry for hijaking

In the beginning, I was a sucker for "it just fell off" :irked:
Gosh, when I think of all the FREE repairs I did
:irked: :irked: :irked: :irked:

NOW I know better and am more confident about my work.

I'll say "really? Let's have a look then." And I'll clean the nail with dehydrator and pop it under my uv light. (shows the damage really well)

"oohhh will you look at all that damage from force applied to it, you must have banged it without realizing then caught it on something"
If they still say no "well.. if it only fell off, then it wouldn't stick to the nail right? Ok, so then it wouldn't pull away a bit of your nail with it when it goes, right? So, there was definately some force. Most likely an accident when you were hard at work house cleaning and just didn't realize. We all do it now and then" with a 'smile' of course.
I've only had ONE person argue after that convo..... and she was a teen, a 'picker/biter'.. and well.... I just let her know that if she wanted it repaired, it would cost such and such and that was the end of that convo and they didnt fall off anymore.
:green:

the trick is to wipe scrubfresh over the supposed nail that suffered the 'pinger', if you can see evidence of damaged nail then it definitely HASN'T pinged, if the nail is 'clean' and undamaged then it means the enhancement wasn't ever on properly in the first place.
hth's
nice one sandi i`ll use this in future when i get one of my compulsive hand to mouth clients who insist they haven`t bitten the nail. i`ll feel like a detective!! pmsl:lol:

Latest posts

Back