Ever get a client telling you their nail just "pinged off"?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has the clients nail actually "pinged" off or hit with the force of a sledgehammer?

• Yes it really "pinged" off

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Yes it really "pinged" off after being hit with the force of a sledgehammer!

Votes: 67 74.4%

• Total voters
a client once told me that they all just fell off in the bath.i just laughed.this was the same client who said she cant believe people sit 4 afew hours just to have their nails done.another one of my clients told her that they dont just fall off.i thought it was nice of her to stick up 4 me as the client was one of her friends.im sure that she just didnt see the point of having false nails. made me laugh thoughxxxxxxxx:)

Have you ever had a client call you back to tell you that their nail just "pinged off" or it just "dropped off"? On one occasion I had someone say,"....one minute it was there......and I looked at my hand the next, and it was gone!"

Any one buying this one?

luckily i haven't had this yet

but i dread the day it does happen

i would be so tempted to ask the client if i look stupid

Yes nails can be done wrong by some nail techs and this will result in lifting and nails being lost or pinging off But as an experienced nail tech I know that my prep is A1 and my nails wont just ping off and my clients would now know better than to lie to me :)

i had a client just this week claiming that her nails just fell off while she was writing the other day!?!?!:eek: yeah right!!!!!:lol:

I don,t understand certain customers sometimes...
Do they really think that we were born yesterday? When i see a customer who claims that the nail was there and when they looked again *Poooof* it wasn,t there anymore.
The nail showing white horizontal stripes everywhere, clearly showing that it came off under force and after pointing that out they still stick with their stories.

I just look at them when they say that it fell of without responding during their entire storie on how their nails just disapeared. In the end i just say i can repair them for u and this is the price. These few customers are still comming back and now being honoust even though they were initially waiting for a free fix or money back. I think if you let them know very selfconfident that there is no way that it could of happened just like that, that they know where they stand and that you can,t be fooled around with.

I have to admit that these people really can make me very upset since these type of customers made me do free repairs when i just started,I wasn,t that confident and didn,t knew any better.

Now these days i rather get rid of these type of customers if they keep on being pushy about this "nail just popping of"
Even though i get paid for the work that i do, i always give the best of me to do a nice set of nails. knowing that they pulled it of or knocked it of blaming my skills i get all furious inside, leaving me upset the entire day.

I always think that it is good to be straight forward without sounding to harsh " even if you feel like it":green:
In every busines you will find these type of customers that are out after a free fix or to get their money back.

C'est la vie i guess

Don't mean to seem like I'm disagreeing with all of you here, but I didn't see anyone mention changes in medications or mixing product lines (scrub fresh with EZ Flow don't mix well) I've known a client or two who were undergoing treatments or using different medications that actually do cause the nails to not adhere, thus, just falling off. I also have oily nails, so I, myself have had the odd nail fall off, rather painlessly, though. Just a thought.:green:

An earlier post does mention that oily nail plates do cause the nail to come off quite smoothly with no trauma, but then that's what we look for, the trauma. Clients still deny the picking of their nails, even when it is so obviously been helped off.

I have had a client who said she woke up in the morning and they were on her pillow!!:eek:

I just think it is quite strange that these clients sit there and think up all these excuses.

Thankfully now i am confident in what i do, i don't get this anymore. My clients don't try it on, they are usually honest with me.

Thankfully now i am confident in what i do, i don't get this anymore. My clients don't try it on, they are usually honest with me.

Same with me. These days it's a case of, I turn up to the clients house and before I get chance to un pack my stuff it's, "........errr...I've been a bit naughty!"

It's the new clients that haven't been educated enough to know what we look for, who tend to instantly take the blame away from themselves.
I think that when your clients know YOU well enough as a competent nail tech and their trust is in you, they know you have them sussed! :lol:

i actually made a client sit for 5 minutes and shake her hand the best she could to see if she could make them fall off if she could I prommissed her a full new set... and it only had to be one little nail that had to come off.

I know I'm naughty, I had to go out back I was laughing so hard. :lol:
She has never said anything fell, floated or pinged off again.

I had a client who was pregnant, her nails popped off, has anyone heard of this before. Lost some confidence after it happened

I had a client who was pregnant, her nails popped off, has anyone heard of this before. Lost some confidence after it happened

The body and hormonal balance changes when you are pregnant.... I am aprox. half way through my pregnancy and I can feel and see changes every other month or so. My hair has a different structure and my skin feels and acts different, but my nails are the same though. I think I wouldn´t say it was the pregnancy, but that´s just my guess

One of my ladies told me it popped off.. but throughout the repair it came out that she was pulling down a roller door and it snapped.. so she chewed it off.. ((which was pretty obvious as the nail plate looked as though someone had run over it with a belt sander!:eek:

As a newbie, I have never head of Scrubfresh? Can anybody englighten me. It sounds wonderful. What is it and where can I get some please?

:rolleyes:

a client once told me that they all just fell off in the bath.i just laughed.this was the same client who said she cant believe people sit 4 afew hours just to have their nails done.another one of my clients told her that they dont just fall off.i thought it was nice of her to stick up 4 me as the client was one of her friends.im sure that she just didnt see the point of having false nails. made me laugh thoughxxxxxxxx:)

:lol::lol::lol:
I had a very similar experience with my sister. I gave her a set for free and the day after she says to me "they fell off in the sink while I was doing the dishes" I told her it couldn't have happened that way, but she swore black and blue that this was what happened. But low and behold, when I finally had the chance to have a look at them a couple of weeks later, not only was there rather a lot of damage to her nails, but there were still bits of acrylic stuck to her nails that she hadn't managed to pick off properly.

i actually made a client sit for 5 minutes and shake her hand the best she could to see if she could make them fall off if she could I prommissed her a full new set... and it only had to be one little nail that had to come off.

I know I'm naughty, I had to go out back I was laughing so hard. :lol:
She has never said anything fell, floated or pinged off again.

OMG that is so funny!!! I should try that one, Brilliant!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have had that happen a lot, I seem to get a few preggers, don't know why. Also if someone is taking omega 3 tablets or eating a lot of fish they will also pop off. If someone has had surgery or dental work recently, the anaesthetic will also interfere with adhesion. Also had a problem with someone taking Prozac as well. In all these cases the nails do just pop off with no damage to the natural nail at all. Again these are not problems of the technician, but I ask my clients what medications they are on and if they have any changes since I saw them last. Then I let them know that if they have the nails may not stay on so well. I get them to come back a week later for a free buff and polish to see how well they are going.

Don't loose confidence, it is a chance to have a look at the nails and see what condition they are in to figure out what actually happened.
Remember that you are the one who had the training even if you can't remember everything you learned at training, you still know heaps more than they do!

Hi,
My own neice has had them fall off in bed!!!!!!!!!!!!
They just pinged off!!!!!!!!!!
Then I caught her...............yep, testing how far you can push them back using the kitchen table as her hard surface............said was just checking how strong they are.
This was pre my nail training days, it was a set I had paid for as a treat......no more now.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

or tell her you want all the "popped off" nails back in a sealed envolope to send of to the lab to make sure there is not a problem with your batch of products :green:
hehe... what a brilliant idea!!!!!

its so sore when u accidentaly do break a gel though! cant imagine these people coming back blaming a therapist for the nail breakin!

Latest posts

Back