everyone chill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
just like to share my thoughts of things that have been posted in the last few months.
i joined this wonderful site in august of last year admittedly i was a lurking geek for alot of the time.......mainly because i was in ore of everybodies knowledge.
over the past few months i have noticed some topics which dicuss how things are taking when making a post also people worrying whether to post or not incase they get slated... where does it all come from apart from some people a few months ago who we know and dont love and who are now banned, i have not read previous posts and noticed a sharp tongue or posts which could be taken the wrong way.
a certain person who gives up her precious time and shares her amazing knowledge with us all (she has been in the industry alot longer than the magority) seems to be getting the sharp tongue of other people she is not aloud to mention products names as she gets told she is biast, yet the rest of us can, and thats allright.
she monitors the site yet gets jumped on when she mentions the rules.
i feel i have to say something because without geeg we would not get the answers we look for when posting.
i know the majority feel the same and it is only a small percentage that do this.
this is 1. a fun site 2. a library of knowledge
it is not a site to bare grievances or give a few sly negative reputation point.
lets get back to having fun, stop taking things the wrong way and worry about reputation points.
thats my two penny's worth

Well said Joanne, I'll second your support. I always rave about LCN when given the chance, but I've never been told I'm biased. Taken my chill pill and I feel positively horizontal!! Can you feel the love in the room!

joannerowsell said:
just like to share my thoughts of things that have been posted in the last few months.
i joined this wonderful site in august of last year admittedly i was a lurking geek for alot of the time.......mainly because i was in ore of everybodies knowledge.
over the past few months i have noticed some topics which dicuss how things are taking when making a post also people worrying whether to post or not incase they get slated... where does it all come from apart from some people a few months ago who we know and dont love and who are now banned, i have not read previous posts and noticed a sharp tongue or posts which could be taken the wrong way.
a certain person who gives up her precious time and shares her amazing knowledge with us all (she has been in the industry alot longer than the magority) seems to be getting the sharp tongue of other people she is not aloud to mention products names as she gets told she is biast, yet the rest of us can, and thats allright.
she monitors the site yet gets jumped on when she mentions the rules.
i feel i have to say something because without geeg we would not get the answers we look for when posting.
i know the majority feel the same and it is only a small percentage that do this.
this is 1. a fun site 2. a library of knowledge
it is not a site to bare grievances or give a few sly negative reputation point.
lets get back to having fun, stop taking things the wrong way and worry about reputation points.
thats my two penny's worth

What a great post I couldnt agree more :)

Dawnie xx

Dawnie said:
What a great post I couldnt agree more :)

Dawnie xx
Me and you both Dawnie...........
Well said Joanne xxxxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Me and you both Dawnie...........
Well said Joanne xxxxx

And me!! Well said!

Put your hand bags down and chill out!

Well said Joanne
Great post!!
Lorrainex

Well said Joanne,

Geeg is like this family's mum (sorry Marian LOL) - as children we like to learn the hard way and dont always accept that mother knows best even if she has been there done that and has more t-shirts than any of us will ever have.

But at the end of the day how many of us accept that everything our mum told us was right! LOL

Great post Joanne. Totally agree with you 100%. I personally love reading geeg's posts as the advice she gives, you know comes from years of experience and dedication to her work. I admire her and would never dream of disrespecting her or anybody else on this site.

Definitely!! lets face it, you wouldn't go to a Senior Consultant at a hospital and argue with him about his knowledge would you!!! or say to the pilot of your holiday plane 'well actually, I think I can do a better job'! :D (unless you had been partaking of the free drinks that is!). I've learnt so much from this site for the last year and I'm grateful it's here offering FREE advice and education from some of the best nail professionals in the world. How many other industries offer that sort of communication with the people at the top of their field?? answers on a postcode to 'Not Many, Bolton, Lancs'! J xx

Jo Jo said:
Definitely!! lets face it, you wouldn't go to a Senior Consultant at a hospital and argue with him about his knowledge would you!!! or say to the pilot of your holiday plane 'well actually, I think I can do a better job'! :D (unless you had been partaking of the free drinks that is!). I've learnt so much from this site for the last year and I'm grateful it's here offering FREE advice and education from some of the best nail professionals in the world. How many other industries offer that sort of communication with the people at the top of their field?? answers on a postcode to 'Not Many, Bolton, Lancs'! J xx
exactly we should be flattered that these people who are the creme d la creme of the nail industry spend time listening and teaching us...........even when we do ask daft questions :o
these are the people we aspire to
and only from a small minority are not getting the gratitude they deserve(and never ask for).

Geegs advise is fact based and not frilled up......What you see is what you get !!!!!....
Some might not like the answers and the advise ,but hey, try it her way and then if it doesn't work come back with some facts and say.....yep tried it but it didn't work..............

I like straight talking and getting to the point answers...........
There is nothing wrong with posting funny stuff, but when the facts get lost in the post it becomes very confusing.........and then we end up repeating the post a few times lol...........
Facts are facts....and I know who I ask when I need some factual and right advise......
and I do this plenty..............

Geeg is a Creative Educator , a seasoned Salon Nail Technician and will give her advise based on her expirience with Creative and other tried out systems..........She has not always used Creative, there has been a time before Creative, so her advice comes from that time too............. I call it working system expirience.........
When you find something that works well, has stood the test of time, beats all others stuff you may have tried and is reliable you do become biased.............

Becoming biased happens over a period of time, when you find that you can 100% recommend something because you trust the results, now this is different to becoming biased because your best mate uses it and you havn't tried all there is to try...........thats what I would call having product blinkers on !!!!!

So why shouldn't her choosen product be named, and if it is proven to work better, why should it not be recommended........

Off my soap box
and yes I am biased................ but it took 12 years to get that way lol
My2p's on this........
lol reading it back it's more like a 1£'s worth

totally agree joanne,

i'm just a newbie nail tech, but, i am always on the site looking for new posts and if it wasn't for geeg and the rest of you, i wouldn't know what i would do for help and advice.
the monitors have a hard job reading through all the posts and answering them to the best of their ability without offending anyone, me for one think they do a great job.
( i know how much time is spent answering posts, because my husband does the same job but on a biker's site and it' very time consuming)

I have said this before will say it again as so many other fellow geeks will agree if it were not for this site i would have given up nails long long ago. When i have a problem and i do a post when i return for the answer the help i get is amazing all i can say is keep up the good work thnx for your help in the past but most importantly thanks for your help for the future:D

Here Here

I firstly have to confess that I have had a bit of a run in with Geeg all be it very brief, but memorable all the same. I'm not proud of it, I had a point to make & I made it. A few posts down the line & all sorted, water under the bridge. I was a bit selective after of when/where to post but that soon wore off.

At the end of the day we all have to agree that Geeg has probably been where we are all heading. She's walked the walk & talked the talk. She knows the tricks of the trade, the highs & the lows, the spiel that clients will give us & she passes all that information onto us. Many people in the industry respect her for who/what she is. She's a business woman & she tells it like it is, a bit like my mother-in-law. Her advice, as well as that of everyone else on this site is invaluable to someone. I'm not doing 'suck up' I'm just being honest & realistic.

No amount of dissin' should stand in the way of genuine, fair advice. I have learnt heaps of stuff on this site & made several cyber mates so lets keep it friendly, cheerfull & above all informative for all the members & guests on the site.

Sonia

Great post joanne
i admire Geeg 100 % :D

I for one was going to pack it all in and sell all my stuff before i found this site! I am well and truly addicted and have probably learned more from reading posts on here than i ever did at college and I have made new friends in the bargain! I know that when i have been posting for whatever reason because i had a problem I looked at who was online and thought 'thank god, geeg is on here' and waited with anticipation for her valuable comments and help! I wonder how many others do the same?? I think its great that people high up in the industry are willing to give up their time to come on here and help me out. I can only DREAM that one day i will be in the same league!

(incase you think im sucking up......i am! i want to do my masters in the sun too!! LOL... only joking :D )

x x

I don't know what I would do without this site its been a great help to me and I always read any advisethat Geeg has given I admire her and think it is great that she gives her time to share her knowledge. I often feel stupid for some of the questions I ask but everyone has been really nice and so helpful. Thanks eveyone!:)

I strolled my way onto this site only a week ago and my initial impression was "Wow!". This is an amazing site - informative and friendly. I haven't even started my training yet, but I feel that when I do start in October, I will be well informed, courtesy of this site, and will be able to get the maximum benefit out of my training. Thank you, Geeg (and that's not a crawl, just an appreciation of the time and effort Geeg has put in to help others).

I am also a member of other forums, mostly of the horsey variety, and there are a couple that I don't use any more because the sniping is terrible. These particular sites are notorious in the horsey world, and if their name comes up in conversation, it is usually met with rolling of eyeballs and derogatory comments about the moderators.

Please don't let this site degenerate into something similar.

i dont see how anyone can take what geeg says the wrong way! Everything she says is totally based on the truth. In fact what would we prefer, us saying something a little bit inaccurate, and maybe looking a bit silly, or geeg gently guiding us the right direction, and in the long run making really good nail techs into brilliant nail techs!

My work has improved 10 fold with all of her help on this site. I can honestly say, I don't know what i would do without all of her help! She takes time out of her busy life to help us, we are not worthy!!!

I personally love geeg, and all the other geeks on this site, even new techs (like me) can share their experiences and give advice.

I say thumbs up to all the helpful geeks out there, I salute you!!!

i also agree with everything in this great post. i have also learned alot of stuff, and the support you get from everyone including geeg, is insurpassable. geeg has explained to me how to do things the right way, i took her advice and boy what a difference. i have a few really good laughs on the site and also some posts have even made me cry. I LOVE EVERYTHING THERE IS ON THIS SITE

Latest posts

Back