Extraordinary Breast feeding!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally think breast is best, but i also believe that a mum needs to do whatever she needs to do to make her life easier at a time in her life when she is under a lot of pressure. If thats bottle feeding then so be it. I fed all my boys until they were about a year but when they were old enough to walk over and ask for a feed then it was time to stop.
I think that woman feeding the chinese child and the 8 year old was doing it not for the kids sakes but for their own. There was something odd about that.

This was very odd!!!!

I feed one of my 5 children this was my 1st daughter I feed her until she was 17 months old but from the age of 13 months to 17 months she only had a good night feed and a cuddle at the same time LOL!!!!!

I did not feed the other Children as I found breast feeding very demanding I fed her every 2 hours for the first few weeks it took her ages to go through the night and now I look back I think she was hungry all the time.

When I had the other kids they were bottle feed hubby lived away and I was left alone had enough to do and bottle feeding meant that one of the kids could feed the baby while I was cooking tea and they loved this it meant they got closer to baby.

I am not saying breast is not beast maybe it is but it was not best for me and my life/situation and I must say the bottle feed babies were better babies went through the night quicker.
Caz xxx

I didn't see it but there was quite an indepth conversation about it on the radio.

It all sounds a bit to weird for my liking. Did someone say that the Dad was also being breastfed?? Eeeeek!!! Whats up with that?

From what I have read so far all this women is doing is messing her kids up mentally. What does she do in the day? I breast fed Cam for about 4 weeks and simply couldn't take much more as I felt like a milk machine. I know it sounds terrible but it simply got in the way.

Also she needs to think about whats best for the child. This continous breastfeeding? Isn't it messing with thier immune sytems? When they are tots they need the extra protection/strength which is why we breastfeed in the first place. But as they get older thier bodies need to be exposed to certain germs so they can fight them off when need be.

I never saw the program but I have heard of this before. It is only necessary to breast feed up to about a year old as once the child is eating a normal diet, they receive all the nutrients and are able to drink cows milk so therefore, breast milk is no longer required. The bonding bit (baby to mother) is wonderful during this special time but Dads can also bond by giving a bottle filled with breast milk or formula or whatever you prefer! For goodness sake, if you haven't bonded with your child by the time they are 8 yrs old then it sure as hell ain't ever going to happen. I think it's very disturbing!

A child above 2 doesnt need to be breastfed the reason most women carry on after this age is for themselves and not their children, They have got so use to the feeding that they dont want to give it up.

Also what about thier mental developement, how are they meant to progress alongside thier peers (sp) if they are being taught that at dinner time mummy's going to pop her breast out while all thier little mates are eating a proper meals? Sittng down to a proper meal with friends and family helps them to develope thier social skills.

andrelax said:
Also what about thier mental developement, how are meant to progress alongside thier peers (sp) if they are being taught that at dinner time mummy's going to pop her breast out while all thier little mates are eating a proper meal? Sittng down to a proper meal with friends and family helps them to develope thier social skills.

I do think that feeding a child of 8 should be classed as child abuse, It just isnt right.

i watched it and although i aint against breastfeeding, once a child can walk, talk, and eat it should stop (sorry if this offends !!)
the woman with the 8 yr old , well she wanted reporting coz that kids is really weird now :Scared: , talking about sucking her own breasts and stuff its just weird, i am with you lell on this coz it really freaked me out :Scared:

I breastfed all 4 of my children until 6-8 months, so I have no problem with breastfeeding. I also feel that it should be more acceptable to be able to breastfeed in public. I personally wouldn't have felt comfortable to have done so, but would not be offended by someone discreetly breastfeeding a hungry baby. However I feel that whilst a baby has no teeth and therefor needs to have milk/runny foods, surely the fact that we have been designed to have teeth means that it was intended for us to then move onto proper food which we need our teeth for. My youngest child is now 2 and the thought of breastfeeding him is totally wrong to me. Once a baby turns into a toddler then it is time to stop breastfeed IMO.

Dee, your saying that this child actually wanted to someday drink her own breast milk? By sucking on her own breast!!!!!????? Well that just says it all really. This women had really done an awfull thing to her child.

I mean for goodness sake if she really felt that her breast milk was so invaluable to the child couldn't express it and put it in thier cereal or something!!?? Sounds just as weird I know and I personal would not be up for that either but at least the child would have some sort sense of what is "normal".

Does this child eat normal mealsat all? How often was this women breastfeeding?

I breast fed both my boys - Haydn for 6 months (he loved it) and Dexter for 3 months (he wasn't bothered):rolleyes: . Anyway, my thoughts are this... if I lived in a 3rd world country with barely any food to eat, I would breast feed my kids forever if it meant they stayed alive! However, we do not live in a 3rd world country with all their problems and once their MILK TEETH come in... it's time to let go!!

It is a truly wonderful thing to be able to share with your baby and as Noticeable Nails said... that is what our breasts were made for, but to have a 9 year old clamping on is just not 'normal'! The mother thinks it's OK and the daughter doesn't know any better... but imagine what her mates will think... the parents are setting the children up to be ridiculed (whether schooled at home or not)... JMHO!! :rolleyes:

andrelax said:
Dee, your saying that this child actually wanted to someday drink her own breast milk? By sucking on her own breast!!!!!????? Well that just says it all really. This women had really done an awfull thing to her child.

I mean for goodness sake if she really felt that her breast milk was so invaluable to the child couldn't express it and put it in thier cereal or something!!?? Sounds just as weird I know and I personal would not be up for that either but at least the child would have some sort sense of what is "normal".

Does this child eat normal mealsat all? How often was this women breastfeeding?

yep thats what the kid said "oh i cant wait till i have breasts with milk in , then i can drink from myself ":Scared:
twisted sorry !!!!!! made me go cold , god only knows what her mates will say !!!

I would just like to add that I am not against breast feeding at all. I would have loved to have breast fed Cam for as long as was required but I just didn't take to it and, as with Nemotail's little one he started to lose weight, so I gave it up.

I thought the the breastfed child of 8 was wrong...and the fact that the mother said that she would self-wean when she lost the sucking reflex....well to me that whole family was totally wierd.

I did feel for the lady who was adopting the child from China, she had continued breastfeeding her son so that she would have a milk supply for the new baby but I think the whole process took a lot longer than expected which is why the 4 year old was breastfed for so long

....I guess she could have expressed milk to keep up the supply but that would have been very tedious and I guess to continue feeding her son would have been the easier option. She wanted the baby to have the best of breast and I don't think from the film, that she tried to force the baby to take her breast.....

if I were in that situation and that passionate about giving her breast milk I would have got myself a good pump and expressed and fed the baby from a bottle...I'm no stranger to expressing milk as my daughter was in NICU for a month after she was born so had to express as she was tube fed until we got breastfeeding established when she was about 5 weeks old. I also expressed for the boys when I went back to work initially...if you have a good pump it's easy.

Wet nursing is the way the rich ladies fed their babies in the old days and I don't have a problem with that in that ladie's situation....you can donate breast milk to NICU for the babies who are still being tube fed .

When my sister-in-law had her firtst and I went up to help her out I was still feeding Laura and I almost offered to feed her baby for her....if nothing else to try and show her it could be done....but taboos being taboos, I didn't.

I am an advocate of breastfeeding and feel it should be allowed and not frowned upon in public places....there are ways and means of feeding your baby without showing the whole world about it, being discreet it just looks like you are cuddling your baby. You don't have to get your tits out and bare all in public!

Man I've gone on lol.

As Rjryan said, i reckon teeth are an issue! I breast fed my boys til they were 7 & 9 months old, then i a)got the fear about having unrelenting teeth upon my nips! b) I was fed up with having giant boobies c) fed up with multiple night feeds d) fed up with dirty minded ppl who somehow sexualised my lactating boobies!!? But for the beautiful serene bond you gain with your baby, i would'nt have missed out on breast feeding for all the tea in china!

sorry i have not read all the posts, just wanted to say that i strongly belive that every mother should at least try to breast feed her child even if just for the first few weeks its been proven that its better for the baby than powderd milk from a cows udders. i breast fed my three and can honestly say its an incredibly bonding experience that you just cannot get from the bottle, if you try and cant do it thats fine but, but try!! only not untill they are 8 years old or those teeth will give you very sore nipples:(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you cannot breastfeed your child at 7/8 years old! If you do this then it is not good for your child(mentally). Mothers do this because THEY are unhappy and missing something in their lives. I think it's called love and personal happiness.

Just putting in my two cents worth never seen the show(in in Australia) but it seems breast feeding is an issue that seems to bring up many different opinions.I think that each person is different and we shouldn't be to judgemental of others choices although I do think 8yrs is excessive.I feed my boys for varying times the oldest was 18months,then I feed both my other boys till they were three and four.It wasn't an all the time kind of thing and they did eat and drink normal food,as they got older it was more of a comfort thing a night time before bed, quite and comforting before they went to bed.I prefered it to dummies and bottles (no need to sterilies boobs!) and the boys weren't interested in them anyway.We decided that starting playschool was a good time to stop and we were able prepare them for it and I think it was a little less traumatic than some of my friends dummie disposal days! I was lucky I had no problems feeding and could have probably feed a small third world country! We should be more supportive of each other whether you feed for 3days or 3years we shouldn't make others feel shame or guilt for their decisions.
Sam

sam1 said:
I was lucky I had no problems feeding and could have probably feed a small third world country! We should be more supportive of each other whether you feed for 3days or 3years we shouldn't make others feel shame or guilt for their decisions.
Sam

Agreed Sam! BTW I could have fed a country too :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

I watched this programme with total fascination, I was quite annoyed though at how some of the public found it unacceptable in public places, women can breastfeed very discreetly and do not have to show the whole breast, if people don't like it then look away, it is the most natural thing in the world and a much cheaper alternative than having to buy formula, there are a number of issues why women may want to breasfeed and cost of formula may be one of them. It made me feel like the world had gone mad when I was listening to some of the public's view on breast feeding in public, there are much nastier things happening around us everyday which we see and hear, swearing in public, fighting in public, robberies, drunkeness etc, so to me breastfeeding is the last thing we should be getting upset about, see I am on my soap box now lol, I have to agree I was confused with the 8 yr old breastfeeding, not sure how it will affect her when she get's older and also the fact the father was having a turn too!!Hope the children did'nt see that!

Latest posts

Back