Eyelash drama...what do I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProperPrincess

Reaction score
Right couple of days ago I posted a picture of lashes I was really proud of.

Ive done about 50 sets of lashes and i had some really positive feedback on the lashes. I did them last Thursday, the 11th. My sisters friend asked me to do them. Ive attached the picture again. I have never had a single complaint.

I told her what not to do etc and how to look after them along with an aftercare sheet same as I do with everyone else. I have charged £10 each for the last 10 sets of lashes just to cover some costs. Now i feel confident in myself and other geeks have assured me i should charge, maybe even more than I intend to.

My sisters friend came over and said she didnt have a tenner so could she give it to me monday. no problem. monday came and went and i completely forgot myself to be honest, no big deal its a tenner. Anyway today she texts me

" sorry i forgot about your ten quid, ill drop it in later if u like, only thing is 80% of the lashes on my right eye are out!!!"

I said forget about the £10 ive never had a single complaint or problem and id rather see the lashes as Im obviously not happy a client paying or not isnt satisfied! But she said can she come and see me at the weekend instead as shes busy....she lives two streets away and i offered to go and see her!

I rang my sister as I did her lashes the day after usuing the same method, materials, size lashes etc but my sister keeps putting mascara on them...she like that look and knows ill do them free which of course I will so shes not worried how long they last. I ask hows your lashes. Fine, havent lost one. I did one girl who lost just 2 lashes in 4 weeks!!!

What have I done wrong?? I dont want her telling people they are bad but she wont let me remedy it :( Now im questioning if theres anything wrong with them at all as she wont come see me today and saying there is just to get out of paying a measly tenner??

Attachments

• rhiannon lashes.jpg
    rhiannon lashes.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 241
I don't do eyelash extensions yet but my guess would be that she hasn't followed the aftercare you gave her properly. If this is your first complaint after 50 sets then it sounds abit iffy especially if you did another set around the same time.

Right couple of days ago I posted a picture of lashes I was really proud of.

Ive done about 50 sets of lashes and i had some really positive feedback on the lashes. I did them last Thursday, the 11th. My sisters friend asked me to do them. Ive attached the picture again. I have never had a single complaint.

I told her what not to do etc and how to look after them along with an aftercare sheet same as I do with everyone else. I have charged £10 each for the last 10 sets of lashes just to cover some costs. Now i feel confident in myself and other geeks have assured me i should charge, maybe even more than I intend to.

My sisters friend came over and said she didnt have a tenner so could she give it to me monday. no problem. monday came and went and i completely forgot myself to be honest, no big deal its a tenner. Anyway today she texts me

" sorry i forgot about your ten quid, ill drop it in later if u like, only thing is 80% of the lashes on my right eye are out!!!"

I said forget about the £10 ive never had a single complaint or problem and id rather see the lashes as Im obviously not happy a client paying or not isnt satisfied! But she said can she come and see me at the weekend instead as shes busy....she lives two streets away and i offered to go and see her!

I rang my sister as I did her lashes the day after usuing the same method, materials, size lashes etc but my sister keeps putting mascara on them...she like that look and knows ill do them free which of course I will so shes not worried how long they last. I ask hows your lashes. Fine, havent lost one. I did one girl who lost just 2 lashes in 4 weeks!!!

What have I done wrong?? I dont want her telling people they are bad but she wont let me remedy it :( Now im questioning if theres anything wrong with them at all as she wont come see me today and saying there is just to get out of paying a measly tenner??

How’s it going!! Right well I read your post & seen your flicks your doing great lashing & can tell this may have knocked your confidence a little, but don’t let it.
We all can take criticism / complaints like anyone else but sometimes its not our faults when it comes to lashes or possibly aftercare like stephiebaby says.

Any ways, I had a girl a number of weeks ago & contacted her a week later to see how she was finding her new lashes, I got a similar response & offered to review & correct any problems, she was adamant it was her fault by picking & rubbing her eyes, but I never got the chance to see them & was gutted that she would not come to me to see them & find out if was her or my problem, she kept pushing m e off saying its fine - they were lovely etc my fault I don’t want them replaced.

I would too think aftercare could be a problem…..

Have you asked how she cleans them etc?
Is she using any sort of oils? Waterproof mascara?
Is the eye - missing the lashes - the side she sleeps on? (This may be the case?- This happens with me so I know to try avoid sleeping on one side as I tend to rub my face all over the pillow when sleeping ) :sad:

i really shouldn't be so irritated but Im adamant she's talking rubbish. as she's my sisters friend i thought my sister would defend her but no she said "Clare ur fab she's full of it trying to get away with a tenner" lol so she's insisted on me taking a look. Im gutted cos i do try really hard. and i can't explain how this has happened. Im going to take some pics tonight and keep u posted.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

I seen your post the other night too and your lashes are fabby!

It does sound like she is trying to get out of paying and why is she still only paying you a tenner when you are so good at them now? Defo get those prices up they're are brilliant lashes ur doing!

I would still push to see the lashes. Ask her allllll the ins and outs about what she has done and try and get to the bottom of it. Then you can decide what to do, It just sounds really weird because although the amount of lashes you lose varies, 80% is a ridiculous amount! Sounds a bit fishy to me aswell!

I wouldn't worry if you hadn't had any more problems with anyone else, just do what your doing because they are great! X

Totally agree with everything Lolly has said. Am glad you are going round there, she's talking utter crap and honestly over paying a tenner. Get those prices up you are doing amazing lashes hun, wish you could do mine :) she is so lucky to get them at that price. Look forward to hearing the outcome later :hug:

Well iv just looked at your pik then looked on your profile to see if you are anywhere near me because id let you lash me anytime ha!!unfortunatly your not but id tell her to jog on and she owes you a tenner!xx

Sent from my X10i

She had lost a few. BUT GUESS WHAT. I did them at 8pm Thursday...she went bloody swimming at 7am friday morning and put mascara on them friday (i think its waterproof clare im not sure hun) and saturday night, oh and to remove her make up and mascara....MAC Cleanse off oil, "cos thats what i always use clare". IS SHE WINDING ME UP OR WHAT!!!

On my aftercare sheet

DONT GO SWIMMING, SAUNDA, SPA etc etc 48 hrs

Avoid Mascara if possible, especially waterproof blah blah

Do not use oil based products.

I'm livid but relieved it wasn't me. I infilled them for free. Gave her another copy of aftercare form. Collected my £10 simply out of principal lol

Thanks for all your support though. Im very flattered by your comments and appreciate all your advice.

Ive attached the picture of the eye she lost "80%" from.... Its a bit blurry taken with my phone but NO way did she lose 80% but even if she had she had only herself to blame! I can rest easy now :)

Attachments

• rhi loss.jpg
    rhi loss.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 116
She just text me apologizing for being a pain and saying thank u.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

You really need to charge full price from now on, because when people get something for a fraction of the price, they won't look after them.

Mum just rang me telling me the same, she said if she had paid for them properly and not a silly tenner bet you she would have been careful. No more freebies clare!!!

Think she wants her investment in me back mind :)

Bet she feels Silly :irked: now for complaining knowing that the lashes came off due to her aftercare techiques!!

Well done you :) , now start charging prices properly & show that girl & everyone else hpw bloody great you are!! :D:D:D

If they fall off then they've usually got them wet, and half the time they deny it. Happens to me now and then, you can usually catch them out.

I always go through the aftercare sheet with them now and give them a mini bottle of simple eye makeup remover as they don't bother to check if theirs is oil free half the time. I make sure this cost is covered in their treatment cost thought.

If they fall off then they've usually got them wet, and half the time they deny it. Happens to me now and then, you can usually catch them out.

I always go through the aftercare sheet with them now and give them a mini bottle of simple eye makeup remover as they don't bother to check if theirs is oil free half the time. I make sure this cost is covered in their treatment cost thought.

Great idea about the eye wash - do you buy in a particular brand? cost etc

The more they pay the greater care they take. Doesn't matter what it is, pair of shoes, a lipstick or that fabulous set of lashes.
Hun, what are you like. Get out there and start charging what they are worth. By all means run a special price, say client A gets you 10 new clients then client A gets her next set with a 50% loyalty discount.
Your sister needs (if she isn't already) to be giving your business cards out to everyone who says she has great lashes.
You are never going to get that holiday, or new car (or pay mum back) if you don't start charging what you are worth.
One more time CHARGE WHAT YOU ARE WORTH.
:)

Am I rare then when I look after my £5 shoes as well as I do my £120 pair? lol

I agree had she paid what I could have charged her maybe she would have listened to me.

I have my first paying client friday (£40) I did first 5 bookings at £40.

Ive also just ordered some B lashes... see how I do with them. I dont like the ones I had in a kit.

So girls whenever anyone asks for someone in south wales...Im your girl. Ive had my flyers, postcards, magnets, loyalty cards, business cards all printed!!! Just got to get them out there!

My conservatory looks lovely but 4 kids means I dont think it will stay the way ive set it out. They have been banned today :)

You have all given me the confidence I needed as I was so nervous to ask for even £10 for lashes.

So ive had my hair done, bought a new dress and some B lashes....I hope fridays lady is happy :)

Not sure if Ill get a new car out of this but perhaps paying my phone bill on time in future may be an option :)

Your all wonderful, Thank you xxxxxx

Have pm'd you a message xxx

Latest posts

Back