Faced with a decision and cant make my mind up...HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Star

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I am faced with a decision and I really cannot make my mind up and am now getting stressed :irked:

I had a trial booked in for hairdressing apprenitceship in a hair salon for tommorow. This salon also has the beauty room to rent for £50 per week. (I spoke about renting a salon but decided not to go with the other one as she wanted 6 weeks up front rent which i didnt have)

With this apprenticeship i only have to do 2 days in salon and 1 day in college.

So my options are 1. Train in the hair Mon and Tues and college Wed and then have his beauty room on Thurs, Fri and Sat mornings. (Sat evenings i work in a pub till 12am)

Option 2. Just have his beauty room and thats it.

Please help as im so confused and need some advice or guidance.

Thanks xx

I would take option one. It will be hectic but worth it in the long run and what are the chances of you having that opertunity again. Go for it xxx

yeah, i'll be hard work and you'll be tired butoption 1 is a great opportunity!

I'd rather be exhausted from success than rested from failure. You're young; take the plunge, look after your health and diet and go for it.

Have you ever cut hair? Before you commit to 3 days a week of hair, I think you should have a little lesson. A few years ago I thought I might like to do hair so I enrolled at college and I absolutely hated it! I couldn't bear my hands being cold and wet and I kept cutting my knuckles with the ends of the scissors. Me and hairdressing did not get on. I am not saying this will happen to you! But 3 days a week if you don't enjoy it will be pretty grim.

Very interesting replies actually as i thought you would all say god no do option 2 so im rather suprised. I have my trial day tommorow so i guess ill soon see if hair is for me or not.xx

Very interesting replies actually as i thought you would all say god no do option 2 so im rather suprised. I have my trial day tommorow so i guess ill soon see if hair is for me or not.xx

Good luck huni!
It will be tiring if your not used to standing all day. My legs and back used to get knackered but dont let it put you off...they do get used to it :hug: x

My only thought is have they told you they would be happy with you being a junior for onnly monday and tuesday? If i was emplying someone I would want end of the week. Also, are they happy to rent the room for only three days a week? I'm sure you will find all this out today but traditionally a salon is busier at the end of thr week so they may want you to do Fris and Sats. x

Well...It looks like i wont be doing hairdressing lol

I went for my hairdressing trial today (same place where the beauty room is) After 30 minutes of me being there i was speaking to some of his clients to be polite about holidays etc and he pulled me out the back and said stop talking to the clients your taking the attention away from me. Right ok!

Stopped talking to the clients, a lady wanted a cup of coffee i made it she then wanted another one i asked the man shall i use a new cup or the same one. He said use your own initative (sp?) and stop asking me all these questions while im working
(He is suposed to be teaching me hair im allowed to ask questions surely?)

So i got so fed up and thought i deserve more respect than this, asked him out the back and said i dont think this is working out, i think his position should be given to someone who really has a pasion for hair and not beauty. He whips the broom straight outta my hands and says go now! I walk out and thats it.

Wont be renting the room there, its a shame his such an ar*e because its a nice room.

So the search keeps going for a room :)

How peculiar. Sounds like a pretty strange guy to me...hahaha taking all the attention from him, sounds like a bit of a diva.

You need to train somewhere that you love. And with people you are compatible with.

Good luck in your search! x

Well...It looks like i wont be doing hairdressing lol

I went for my hairdressing trial today (same place where the beauty room is) After 30 minutes of me being there i was speaking to some of his clients to be polite about holidays etc and he pulled me out the back and said stop talking to the clients your taking the attention away from me. Right ok!

Stopped talking to the clients, a lady wanted a cup of coffee i made it she then wanted another one i asked the man shall i use a new cup or the same one. He said use your own initative (sp?) and stop asking me all these questions while im working
(He is suposed to be teaching me hair im allowed to ask questions surely?)

So i got so fed up and thought i deserve more respect than this, asked him out the back and said i dont think this is working out, i think his position should be given to someone who really has a pasion for hair and not beauty. He whips the broom straight outta my hands and says go now! I walk out and thats it.

Wont be renting the room there, its a shame his such an ar*e because its a nice room.

So the search keeps going for a room :)

I think you're well out of there:eek:what a horrible individual,he's the sort who will be always on the look out for staff cause nobody would want to stay with that type of boss.:hug:

Gosh lucky you found out before renting the room!

Yes i think i was lucky to get out while i could. I dont think ive ever felt so disrespected in my life. Im not a nasty or moody person i think im quite happy and very pleasant towards my clients. so i dont know why he had so much attitude.

Been phoneing round all day for a new room no luck yet, but fingers crossed xx

Well done for going with your gut instinct! It's where the truth lies but so many times we ignore it!

Violet Star strikes again!:)

I never thought hair and beauty should be put together anyway i could never understand why they would lump the two courses together at college.I think you can be a talented beauty therapist and a talented hair dresser its unlikely you will ever have the time to be talented at both.

Latest posts

Back