Facial and then spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annemarie

CND Grand Master tech
Reaction score
One of my regular clients wants a facial and a spray tan, the only problem is I could only fit bothe treatments in on the same day. This means she would be having a facial and then a spray tan straight after. My question is would this be o.k to do as I have never did it this way before.:confused:

Personally I wouldn't. The tan would just block the open pores and undo the deep cleansing. I would suggest to the client it would perhaps be more beneficial if she had the facial say a week after the tan, once it has faded xx

Mmm I did think of that but she really wanted the facial aswell because it's her birthday this week and she's having a big party. Unfortunately I could only fit the two treatments in together. I will advise her against it. Thanks for the help:)

Just remind her that having a facial can bring out a few spots after deep cleansing. She wouldn't want to be going to her birthday do with a couple of spots!

I gave myself a little mini facial the night before a spray tan once and my face was literally covered in black heads after the tan. Not sure if my pores were still open or if it was a reaction to the tan used but I looked dirty! It took about a month to eventually get rid of them all. I felt disgusting. xxx

I would defo not do this either. Any creams you use will act as a barrier and her tan will either go streaky or not take.
Sometimes, I know it's a pain but you just have to say no to some clients if you don't have time x

Oh god she'd be mortified if that happened:irked: and so would I for that matter lol

Oh god she'd be mortified if that happened:irked: and so would I for that matter lol

A lovely brown body with a bright white face :lol: You never know it could be a new look!

A lovely brown body with a bright white face :lol: You never know it could be a new look!

I would recommend not tanning her face after a facial and that she uses a facial mineral powder bronzer instead.:)

I would recommend not tanning her face after a facial and that she uses a facial mineral powder bronzer instead.:)
That's a good idea. will suggest this to her. Thnaks:)

I was always told at college that clients shouldn't put anything on their face for at least 12 hours. Definitely not bronzer! x

I was always told at college that clients shouldn't put anything on their face for at least 12 hours. Definitely not bronzer! x

Absolutely! For 24 hours.

I never tan my daughters face, as I come up her neck, I pull the gun back so it fades into her jaw line.
This is because she feels the tan makes her face look dirty and after a couple of days of makeup remover, it's all gone anyway.
I don't do facials (yet) but I can recomend the max factor bronzer to match in with 10% or higher, tans. After the 24 hours of course:hug:

Absolutely! For 24 hours.

I was referring to when she goes out so she isn't a "pale face" lol

Also, pure minerals can be used immediately after high end treatments such as microdermabrasion, laser, chemical peels and the like unlike chemical powders or bronzers.

:)

You could spray tan her body and leave her face out. Then retail her a 'tan in the can' so that she can apply it to her face the next day. Great retail opportunity :)

I was referring to when she goes out so she isn't a "pale face" lol

Also, pure minerals can be used immediately after high end treatments such as microdermabrasion, laser, chemical peels and the like unlike chemical powders or bronzers.

:)

I personally think after your facial you should leave your skin alone to gain the full benefit of it. That's just my opinion. I wouldn't be telling my clients to put anything on their skin for 24 hours, be it pure minerals or not.
I care more about my client getting the most benefit out of their treatment than retailing to them and grabbing their £££. But that's me. Everyone thinks different x

I apply minerals immediately after a facial, microderms and even peels. Not many clients want to go back to work or leave with bare skin. The minerals I use are 100% pure.

Realistically most clients cannot wait 24 hrs with bare skin if they have work the next day and such.

I suppose you can give her advice on what her options are and let her decide!

I apply minerals immediately after a facial, microderms and even peels. Not many clients want to go back to work or leave with bare skin. The minerals I use are 100% pure.

Realistically most clients cannot wait 24 hrs with bare skin if they have work the next day and such.

I suppose you can give her advice on what her options are and let her decide!

I agree.

I believe that it would depend on the type of facial you were performing. With a mini facial I would have no problem carrying out a spraytan afterwards as when I apply my own tan at home I would firstly do a mini facial. A deep cleanse facial is perhaps a different story, as mentioned before, not advisable prior to a special occasion. I always recommend starting a facial routine at least 6weeks in advance. This minimises the risk of a breakout or even an allergic reaction...we cannot patch test every product we use in the salon!
P

There are facials which include an application of self tan. Perhaps this could be
a solution?

Latest posts

Back