Favorite Shapes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is Your Favorite Nail Shape?

• Total voters
realnails said:
Square and long for me but would love to try squoval. When it is time to cut them down I would like to try that shape but don't know how. Yes, what is stilettos?
This is a fab stiletto done by our very own Geeg ...............
the "RUBY SLIPPER"
A fab nail from a fab lady xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Every time I see this picture I just stare at it in awe.....it's abso..bloodly..lutely perfect. What a smile line!! :D

Now back to the thread....most people come in and say square..ish or round..ish but then they see mine and say like yours!!! :eek: I tend to mirror my cuticle which is not quite almond!!!!!!

i have to say i'm a squoval type of gal. I used to always have an almond shape nail, but realised when i got to know what was best for what shape, i realised that a square shape with the slightley rounded corners works better for me. I do love the EZ flow tips when done properly when they are long and square but they don't suit everyone.

i like long and squoval for me. depends on the clients hands for what they get.

i like mine long, but like others have said i change my mind every week what shape i want them! Afraid to say stilleto, just dont look right on me!

Can't go past squoval myself .But I do love a good set of enhancements no matter what shape.They have to suit, last & impress. jnail AUSTRALIA

Almond for me, very similar to my own shape. Square makes my fingers look dumpy (I know they are dumpy already - but... even more so! :( ) Oh humm....

Jen

Squoval is for me and as long as there not too long as I find it easier to work with slightly shorter nails.

Emma

I love square or squoval but i do like them shorter rather than longer x

mgloverfam said:
My favorite shape is squoval because you get the best of two shapes. When I make this shape, I start off square, and then gently "bump" or round the corners.
I would agree with Diya, I tend to shape them the same way as I think it looks so elegant!!! :)

Hiya,

I have mine squoval to rounded, but with my clients i try to mirror the cuticle and i wouldnt do a sqaure nail on a client who has really rounded cuticles and visa versa!!! It depend totally on the client!!

Amanda

I love long square or squoval. I have natural nails and they seem to last longer that way for me. Oval I tend to break all the time and i find the maintenence is harder.

Personally when my nails are in top shape I love to have them square and french polished. Mainly 'cause it suits my hands. I have tried oval on myself and for some reason they just don't look right.:eek:

As for clients I enjoy doing what ever shape suits the client. (Nothing worse than someone saying "I want them SQUARE" , when it really doesn't suit them.) :sad: So I try my best to convince them that the best way to look at it is to try to mirror the shape of your cuticle. That usually works. Though there can be exeptions, if the nail is an awkward shape!

So .........there you go...

This is a difficult one to answer as I can appreciate the beauty in all the shapes. Apart from bitten that is!!

If pushed, though I would say squoval but I am being converted by my new stillettos!!!
:biggrin: Just love nails in any shape and form!!

i love squoval but i also like oval, well i just love nails!!!:lol: never heard or seen the term of stiletto they sound dangerous to me.

ta ra
dazzle:eek: :eek:

I prefer oval on myself but most customers seem to prefer square.:hug:

I'm loving almond shaped nails and the moment. I seem to have persuaded a few of my customers to have them almond, since I've been wearing mine that way.

Majority still stick to squoval though!

I like them long and super square personally ......but for clients I usually go the shape of the cuticle.....I would love to have the stiletto's but I'm afraid I would poke my eye out ! maybe I'll wait for winter after gardening season is over ....or maybe guinea pig my niece this fall when she comes to live here....

i'm hoping and praying that Isabel doesn't see this thread....
the number of times the Sq**val word has been used, she'll have a fit pmsl :D
Ovalesque sounds so much nicer :wink2: lol

I'm having a dilemma..

for a while I had the worst habit of just retipping all the time.... I dont know why. I guess just because I 'could' easily as opposed to as if I were a client myself .. know what I mean? Just sit and do them in front of the tele?

Now for the last bit, been trying to be a good girl, and just keep doing refills instead. Now I have an NNO BUT it's shorter than I like because occasionally I file a corner off a nail when filing other ppl's nails (when I forget to flex wrap my own)..... so I filed them all to match. HATE them this short.:irked: I LOVE them ultra long like in this pic
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/OnglesChezVictoria/French%20Mani%20-%20Natural%20-%20Funky%20mani/VictoriaRedGlitterTipswineglass.jpg

but right now, they're sporty and squoval or 'ovalesque' LOL

I want sooooooooooooooooo bad to retip them... and trying not to...
Just want to cut them down and slap on nice long new tips... new nail art...

errrrrrr:irked:

Latest posts

Back