Fifty Shades of Grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez this book is so badly written, I am cringing my way through it.

Seriously the inner goddess stuff - enough already! Awful. My friend and I are reading it for comedy value at this point and texting each other lines that make us cringe - there's a lot and I'm only half way through.

I can't decide which of the 2 main characters I dislike the most, it's a tough choice.

One plus point, I haven't yet thrown it at the wall, like I did with Twilight. Although that's probably more to do with the fact that it's on my kindle.

Just saw this on face book and had to share

Attachments

• 562285_351896064881028_1503884129_n.jpg
    562285_351896064881028_1503884129_n.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
and another

Attachments

• 557117_3429116369128_1681456521_n.jpg
    557117_3429116369128_1681456521_n.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 174
Lol, my friend has a degree in creative writting and she's ranting about it ! I've just had my o a p day and the oldest one that has read it is 81 :lol: for me, (and this is a personal view ) I think is all a bit desperate having to read and rave about the book ! Maybe I have Mr Grey ooo errr ! I like to see some faces if a bloke sits and reads nuts or a girly mag on the train on the eay home from work !:lol:

I wonder how many impressionable ( maybe not the right word ) women have looked at their man and thought mmmm Mr Grey you are not, and dumped them cos they think what they have isn't good enough ! Dangerous book !

I read a lot and to be honest I quite liked the book, the growing and ever changing love story with two people inexperienced in real everyday love.
I was told it was graphic and raunchy but I don't actually think it was ... May say more about me tho than my friends who were embarrassed to even talk about the content haha

I had to read all 3 to have enjoyed the story totally.

I was going to read this because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, then one of my clients told me she stopped reading it half way through because Mr grey is such a control freak and it annoyed her. I'm sooo not into control freaks so I've given it a wide berth. Hehe:lol:

The problem with this is, that she & you do not know what happens and if he stays the same or changes. Reading less than a third of a story will not allow you to make a judgement on the characters because you are only just starting to build up an idea of who they are and the story has not yet kicked in. :wink2:

If you have the time then I would recommend you read ALL 3 books then come back and tell us if your opinion is the same. :lol:

My friend said this book is same kind of story and just come out x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343901706.164212.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343901706.164212.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 161
OK so there is some comedy value to this book because the writer is terrible and needs to put down her freaking thesaurus! (50 Shades of Suck sums it up way better than I could).

But I have SO many issues with this book that goes beyond the fact that it is badly written. It has so many negative messages in it and it scares me that young impressionable girls may be reading it.

I do have the second one but I'm not sure I can suffer through it.

Considering it is actually Twilight fan fiction that has had the character names changed, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Again I say that the first book is basically background information and is just 1/3 of the story. You will have formed some opinions at this stage but the rest of the story is yet to come and would make a very boring read if it didn't make you change these opinions (if you have read this thread you will know people's opinions DO change MANY times as they progress through the story).

Again I say that the first book is basically background information and is just 1/3 of the story. You will have formed some opinions at this stage but the rest of the story is yet to come and would make a very boring read if it didn't make you change these opinions (if you have read this thread you will know people's opinions DO change MANY times as they progress through the story).

Yes I agree, the way people were talking about the book sounded like he was horrible but that's not the case at all, defiantly need to read all three x x

I agree, my daughter read it after me and said she wasn't really enjoying it and was got to give up, but I said read the 2nd you have to and she changed her opinion and loved the 3rd now the books are going round her friends (my daughter is nearly 20 lol)

Read all 3 in 10 days, my husband thought I'd divorced him! And I took a break from salon geek for it! Roll on book 4??!! Loved them x

Better late than never, finally got round to reading all 3 books in a space of a week, not my usual kind of book but such an addictive read.

Yes badly written but still a great storyline can't wait to see if the story gets continued and how this plays out in a film. Glad I finished reading now I can resume back to the real world again

Laters baby.

ive read them all...best book ive read.(shame i dont have a man tho.lol)im missing mr grey allready i love him!!!!!!aaahhhx

Have just started on book 2, couldn't put the 1st one down :)

This is my impression of mr grey...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344114234.696829.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344114234.696829.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 109
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344114245.383482.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344114245.383482.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 125
Have just started on book 2, couldn't put the 1st one down :)

This is my impression of mr grey...

Mmm Mr Paul Walker...perfect Mr Grey! Yummy x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Just watching the 50 shades programme on 4seven :)

Read all 3 in 10 days, my husband thought I'd divorced him! And I took a break from salon geek for it! Roll on book 4??!! Loved them x

Haha I'm the same lol, read all 3 books within 6 days! This is my first time back on SG since I've picked the book up and just started talking to my husband again lol (although I think he was pleased he could watch the Olympics in peace!). Feel lost now, I need more! Xx

OK serious question you guys, how in the name of Zeus' butthole did you get through 3 books? My kindle tells me I'm 38% of the way through book 2 but I am SO BORED! It is taking me forever to read.

Putting aside the (many many) issues I have with these books... it is seriously boring and the plot is dumb. I am trying to read them all before I slag them off again but I'm not sure I can get through all 3.

Latest posts

Back