Fifty Shades of Grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just got the first one so looking forward to winging my way through it :) xx

Just back from the shops and I've bought myself a copy too.

Hmmmm what to do... read it now, or hold off 'till I go on my holidays in August?

Don't think I'll be able to wait!! :green:

Hell yeah!!!!! :D :lol:

I've actually changed my mind, I adore Bradley but he's a bit too old for Mr Grey. Google Henry Cavill, now HE fits the description!!!! *where's a drool smiley when you need one?!*

Oh and Lolly, keep reading :wink2: Reserve judgement on that bit for now.......

:lol::lol::lol:

Hmmmm what to do... read it now, or hold off 'till I go on my holidays in August?

I downloaded it yesterday for my hols in August and im a third of the way through it, if wasnt for work I would be a lot further on with it today, cant wait to settle down with Mr Grey tonight :)

I downloaded it yesterday for my hols in August and im a third of the way through it, if wasnt for work I would be a lot further on with it today, cant wait to settle down with Mr Grey tonight :)

Awwh I haven't got a kindle... everyone will just have to know what a right smutty mare I am on my hols when they see me stuck into my filthy book at the pool! :lol:

Hell yeah!!!!! :D :lol:

I've actually changed my mind, I adore Bradley but he's a bit too old for Mr Grey. Google Henry Cavill, now HE fits the description!!!! *where's a drool smiley when you need one?!*

Oh and Lolly, keep reading :wink2: Reserve judgement on that bit for now.......

Oh Planky, your Mr Grey's are just perfect. You need to be a casting director! You've missed your calling there!

Oh Planky, your Mr Grey's are just perfect. You need to be a casting director! You've missed your calling there!

Lol, I may tweet her with my suggestions. I think Jason Statham would be a good Taylor or Sawyer. Undecided on Ana, I was initially thinking Amanda Seyfried but not sure she is angelic enough. And Ana is supposed to only be 22. So I'm still mulling that one over :wink2: :D

I'm worried though that whoever is cast doesn't fit the description and shatters all our dreams of who we have him to be in our heads. She better get it right!! :lol:

Lol, I may tweet her with my suggestions. I think Jason Statham would be a good Taylor or Sawyer. Undecided on Ana, I was initially thinking Amanda Seyfried but not sure she is angelic enough. And Ana is supposed to only be 22. So I'm still mulling that one over :wink2: :D

I'm worried though that whoever is cast doesn't fit the description and shatters all our dreams of who we have him to be in our heads. She better get it right!! :lol:

I'm picturing Emily Blunt as Ana, although she may be too old now.

Awwh I haven't got a kindle... everyone will just have to know what a right smutty mare I am on my hols when they see me stuck into my filthy book at the pool! :lol:

Hahaha this is funny. The thing is they probs will all be reading too.

Ha new you would buy it! Youre as filthy as the rest of us now!

Just downloaded book 2 so im about to get fifty shades darker ;)

Ok, I'm tempted, but slightly warey with the emotional response! I really don't want to read anything that might make me cry.

Does the filth outweigh the tears? :wink2:

it won't make you cry.
I've just finished the third book :)

Have downloaded it for my holiday reading. Want to see what all the fuss is about!

it won't make you cry.
I've just finished the third book :)

It's made me cry numerous times so far but I am a bit of a sap when it comes to romance and stuff! Well, not actually just romance, pretty much anything happy or sad makes me cry these days!! :rolleyes: Lol!!

Have just finished Book 2. Just about to start Book 3 now. Why do I have a horrible feeling this isn't going to end well?? :sad: I have been in tears already Lol!! Not quite sure how I'll fill the void after this book finishes, going to have to hunt for a real gripping read to satisfy my lack of Mr Grey every day :wink2:

Planky don't worry and keep reading!!! Can't give anything away but don't put it down (doubt you could if you tried lol I couldn;t I lost about 2 days of just reading and not doing anything else!!)

I want Ryan Gosling to play Christian, the picture I saw with the report he was gonna play him worked well - he was topless (oh my) and had on grey suit trousers that hang "that way" lol xxx

What do you guys think about the fact it is apparently a "twilight rip off"?

Assuming you all know it started off as twilight fan fiction. I haven't read twilight so I have no idea?

Iv'e been reading about this on a writing forum and they say that they cant see much of twilight in it apart from the original fan fiction had the same names i.e Bella and Edward.

They all say that the writing isn't very good either, what do you girls who have read it think?

I agree, the writing is rubbish. Could have done with a better editor, it's too repetitive. However the story keeps you gripped and you get sucked right into it. :biggrin:

I don't think the writing is very good either. I agree with above that it is very repetitive. But I would like to know how this all pans out. Sometimes I skip a few lines or a paragraph if I can't be bothered reading that particular part of it looks boring lol.

I don't think the writing is very good either. I agree with above that it is very repetitive. But I would like to know how this all pans out. Sometimes I skip a few lines or a paragraph if I can't be bothered reading that particular part of it looks boring lol.

Agreed ! Also I noticed one or two missed errors !! " a ghost of a smile" was repeated far too many times !! Not being fussy though !! ;)

Another thing is her biting the lip, those god damn trousers and her earth shattering moments that are too repetitive.

I'm good at scanning over things and reading fast and getting the general gist If I can't be bothered reading it properly so that's what I do with some parts.

Planky is going to kill us for this haha!

I totally enjoyed all 3 books. It seems that it wasn't edited in the best way as there are phrases that get repeated a bit too much all through the 3 books but the story is interesting and grips you making you want to know what's going to happen next.

Latest posts

Back