Foot Spa or Foot bowl?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foot Spa or Foot Bowl?

• Foot Spa

Votes: 173 63.6%
  • Foot Bowl

Votes: 76 27.9%
  • Don't do pedicures

Votes: 23 8.5%

• Total voters
I have both, although I like the spa as it keeps the water warm but I find it easier with the bowl to put the feet in and out and to get in to rinse. I have had a look at the one sassy has and that looks great as it seems to be open more like a bowl. At the gym my clients sit in a comfy chair and I either sit on the floor or on a excersise step with their feet on my lap and at home I use a gliding chair and footstool that I bought to feed my babies with its great as you can lock the chair in different positions to suit the client.

I chose the bowl option but just because that's how I do my own just now - not yet trained, LOL!

Also the Spa I do have (in the loft) is too bulky to keep anywhere but the loft!:eek:

ADiva1 said:
Hi Karen XX

I love using my foot spa because it
  • keeps the water warm
  • lovely and bubbly
  • massaging on the clients feet (not pregnant women)
  • looks more professional
  • ease of cleaning

I dont like bowls mainly because they
  • dont keep the water warm
  • dont masage the client's feet
  • manual bubbles, (swishing around) lol
They are however easier to manage if you are mobile.

A nice classy bowl wont go amiss I guess...

I agree with the above, I have both now!!!! A bowls easier I think for mobile treatments, but love the spa!!:)

I chose Foot Spa, as that is what i use at the moment. Its not ideal as its hard to clean and also it only heats the water on the 'bubble' option - so i tend to get bubbles overflowing and i have to turn it off!

Also i find with the foot spas, the control panel part gets in the way, and its not easy to rinse the clients feet after the scrub for example.

I would like to get the BHFB eventually, but at the moment i am looking for a really nice bowl and cant find one!!! Can anyone help - or post any photos of their bowls?

I use both. A big square bowl for the start of the Ped to wash & exfoliate in & the a Spa to massage etc in. The clients like the idea that no gritty bits will be floating around their feet in the spa!:) I've only just started doing Peds but they are picking up & just about to do one now so better get my bum off this chair!!

i absolutely love my foot spa!! i wanna use it on myself now uve made me think of it ! x

Whats a Beverly Hills bath spa

I use lovely copper bowls with warm stones and floating fresh flowers. The ambience they create is wonderful plus they are super easy to clean!

I use a spa, but hate cleaning it so am desperate for the footsie bath! I am hoping to get one at Earls court next month, IF I can wait that long:eek:

I have been using a foot spa ever since I first started doing pedicures, but having done some research into the foot bowls with disposable liners which are now available, I am considering the possibility of switching to a foot bowl.

What's your preference and why?

i wrap the foot with steam towels after exfoliating with enzymes, i place the client on the couch with candles and make it as relaxing and luxurious as poss. also at the same time your not breaking your back. clients love it!

where can you get foot bowls form? all i have is a spa, its great but am open to alternatives for less luxurios peds.

where can you get foot bowls form? all i have is a spa, its great but am open to alternatives for less luxurios peds.

Yes, me too - ive been looking everywhere. I might pop to Ikea tonight to see if i can find any.

Has anyone got any pics of their bowls?

i wrap the foot with steam towels after exfoliating with enzymes, i place the client on the couch with candles and make it as relaxing and luxurious as poss. also at the same time your not breaking your back. clients love it!

Do you take your exfoliant off before towel steaming or leave it on to help the enzymes out?

I've always used a foot spa, but I suppose it depends on your preference also. Plus I had it given to me, so that helped too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where can I get a foot spa for my one presonal use? I looked at ASDA Walmart but they didnt have one.

I saw some in Superdrug a few weeks ago reduced to £6.99 or try Argos or Boots

I use a spa, but hate cleaning it so am desperate for the footsie bath! I am hoping to get one at Earls court next month, IF I can wait that long:eek:

Do you think they will have them at GMEX in Manchester in October ?

Marlise

Hi Karen XX

I love using my foot spa because it
  • keeps the water warm
  • lovely and bubbly
  • massaging on the clients feet (not pregnant women)
  • looks more professional
  • ease of cleaning

I dont like bowls mainly because they
  • dont keep the water warm
  • dont masage the client's feet
  • manual bubbles, (swishing around) lol
They are however easier to manage if you are mobile.

A nice classy bowl wont go amiss I guess...

i couldn't have put it better myself, my thoughts exactly :)

Latest posts

Back