Forms vs. tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bengalkat

Reaction score
Which do you prefer and why?

Michele

Hi Michele,

Well, I love sculpted nails. I think when the nail is finished, it looks much more natural than the tips. Plus, another thing I like about the sculpted nails, is that they are so much quicker than the tips. By the time I size the tips and get them on the fingers, I have lost a good fifteen minutes. Another funny thing is that where I am currently living, San Diego CA., it seems every other nail tech around here, does tips. So when I pull out my forms and start putting them on the fingers of the clients, they feel like they are getting something quite special. :) I could really go on and on why I like sculpted nails better. Don't get me wrong though, I love tips too. But sculpting is the true art form of doing nails. Creating beautiful nails by sculpting is much more fun!

Nancy

I favour sculpting if possible, but there are times when I have to use a tip.
If the clients nail just wont look good, for example severe nail biters or ski jump nails.:hug:

I prefer sculpting because it is quicker, cheaper and nails look great, light and natural looking.

I love sculpted nails as they are quicker, stronger, thinner and more natural looking, my clients love them

Do you think sculptures are as strong as tips? Maybe it's just me! lol:lol:

For me it has to be sculpting as I find it quicker and stronger its as simple as that for me!!

sculpting, it's sooooooooo much quicker, & it's cheaper too.

I think I have this rite Pickle when I say that scultps are not weaker than tips because the strength comes from the chemical bonding in the products anyway, basically, tips are applied so that u have a base to put it on, and this is why they should be thinned so much before you apply the l+p or gel.

Sculpts are a favourite of mine because they are so much quicker, it just takes a bit more practise 2 get used 2 them, however sometimes u just need to apply a tip!

Samoyed said:
I think I have this rite Pickle when I say that scultps are not weaker than tips because the strength comes from the chemical bonding in the products anyway, basically, tips are applied so that u have a base to put it on, and this is why they should be thinned so much before you apply the l+p or gel.

Sculpts are a favourite of mine because they are so much quicker, it just takes a bit more practise 2 get used 2 them, however sometimes u just need to apply a tip!

I don't really get to do many sculpts, most people want tips. Perhaps if i did more of them they would be much stronger. I am happy with the finished product I just find they don't seem as robust when I do them.

im a sculpting girly
are they stronger??...... if they are both applied correctly then there should nt really be much difference in strength.... as we only use tips as a platform to add length like a form nt to give strength... thats what our product does ;)

i like to sculpt as its quicker, cheaper and i am more confident with my sculpts as its what ive been doing from day 1 in the salon with my l&p

i think it depends on what you are trying to achieve whether you want to sculpt or tip ... i would tip overlay my fibre ... ive seen a fibre sculpt done before but it was a bit of a faff... where as you can just pop your tip on and away you go.... (more or less...lol)

i offer both sculpt and t/o in salon .....funnily enough my last l&p new set i did a tip overlay.... it also depends on what the client would like and what creative mood i am in.......

Jess
xox

i would prefer to do more sculpts but its seems that people here really want tips I can do them both with the same time table.

When using L+P i prefer to sculpt, I rarely use tips now and I find sculpting much quicker!

I have just started to sculpt and I love it - I find the nails look a lot more natural and the few people I have sculpted on so far have said they feel nicer than having tips on. I suppose its just personal choice but I really feel as if I produce much nicer nails sculpting, and I feel more creative too!

:hug: I am mad in love with sculpting,clients are amazed that i can create a nail with a form,they definately like them,they really reduce the time of applying tips.whoever created forms i definately have lots of repsect for them.

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

I'm just training but I much prefer sculpts than tips :)

I cant wait to learn to sculpt. Reading the "press" on here has made me more determined than ever to learn. Tips drive me mad, i hate filing them, thinning them, and applying them - if there is a process out there which means you dont need to use them and the result is better and lighter - well im totally up for it !!

i have only really had a few go's at sculpting but i really enjoy it unfortunatlly my clients dont really understand sculpts so i havent had a really good go yet,i was thinking though i may apply a set on myself as an advertisment!!!!

Sculpts definitely are my favourite. As somebody already mentioned, everyone around here does tips, very few sculpt. It's a bit of a marketing tool and when you can combine it with custom blends which NOBODY else around me knows how to do it's an awesome combination. Clients definitely feel their nails are created just for them.

Laura x

Thanks for all your responses, everyone! I have done only a few sculpted sets. Of course I'll have to prove that I can do them when I go for my boards next week. Yikes. That's coming up fast! LOL I've heard from several people off this site, too, that they like sculptured nails better than doing forms because once you get it down they're faster and of course cheaper than buying tips. Better get myself practicing!
Michele

Latest posts

Back