Found out on Monday I have breast cancer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Cath so sorry to hear this. I'm sending you all my love and hugs and will keep you in my thoughts through this tough time. Xxxxxx louise

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Best wishes with your recovery :) x

Thank you for all your support & lovely comments, it means a lot to me xxx

I feel for you, I really do, times like these when self employment is not best, last thing you need after all this is money worries. wishing you a very speedy recovery and all the best!

I feel for you, I really do, times like these when self employment is not best, last thing you need after all this is money worries. wishing you a very speedy recovery and all the best!

I didn't really worry about the loss off money but did worry alot about loosening clients :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

I think you are able to claim some type of sickness benefit if your self employed, so look into that. Your Dr may be able to give you further info.

My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago, she did what the dr's told her to do and is living life to the full. She works very hard but plays harder. Goodluck with the op etc, you just need to concentrate on yourself for awhile and look forwards to an amazing wedding and a beautiful honeymoon.

x

I think you are able to claim some type of sickness benefit if your self employed, so look into that. Your Dr may be able to give you further info.

My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago, she did what the dr's told her to do and is living life to the full. She works very hard but plays harder. Goodluck with the op etc, you just need to concentrate on yourself for awhile and look forwards to an amazing wedding and a beautiful honeymoon.

x

Yes you can claim ESA the same as an unemployed person gets its a joke :'(

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

Keep strong & positive, and if you need to have a shout, rant, whatever, we are all here for you xx {{hugs}}

I've got some wonderful clients who are recovering from breast cancer. It must have been an awful shock for you. Just take each stage as it comes...operation...chemo...radiotherapy. And at each stage have an image in your mind of you and your partner standing on the beach on your wonderful wedding day. Stay strong and positive, and as someone said earlier...kick cancer in the ass! Thinking of you and sending big hugs. Xxx

Oh no, huge hugs to you honey. It's totally understandable that you can't get your head around it, such a shock. Hopefully it will all go smoothly and then you have a wonderful wedding to look forward to in Jamaica. Huge hugs xxxx

Sorry to hear your news. Xxx

Sorry to hear your news hun, great that they are acting fast and fingers x it has not spread and you make a speedy recovery. Your wedding sounds fabulous xx

So sorry to hear that.. Wishing you a speedy recovery xxxx

I was called for a routine mammogram about 3 weeks ago, got called for second stage screening at which they saw a mass of calcifications & did tests including a biopsy.
I got my results on Monday 10/6/13. I have breast cancer which they are pretty sure is non invasive. ( there is one minute area where it is invasive). I need a mastectomy as the area is so large. I am having an immediate reconstruction. They are also taking lymph node samples to see if it has spread anywhere. I get these results 2 weeks after my surgery.
I have the op on 1st July.
I dont even know how I feel about it. It has all been so quick ( which is a good thing really) but its a shock to the system.
I get married in November in Jamaica, just over 4 months after my op. Depending on the results we may have to postpone it, but hopefully not.
I will need 6 to 8 weeks off work as well. I am a mobile nail tech & a fitness instructor, both self employed. Nightmare !!!!!
I cant get my head round it all xx

Cath, I'm really sorry to hear your news, but I'd just like to give you some encouragement......just before Christmas last yer, I was diagnosed with malignant carcinoid tumour....it's a very rare form of cancer, but I've also had malignant melanoma.....I'm still here fighting and living life.......yes the treatment and ops get you down at times, but have faith, try and be strong we can be survivors xxxx

Hi Cath
What a shock ... At least you know now and are getting the correct treatment..
Just remember its a journey and you have your wedding to focus on.
Take care and sending virtual hugs xx

Hi everyone, just thought I'd give you an update.
I had a mastectomy on 1st July, but due to unforseen circumstances couldn't have the immediate reconstruction.I have had problems healing, but am getting there now. There was no spread to the lymph nodes, but a small area of invasive cancer was found, however, since I had a total mastectomy this had been removed.
I am still not fully healed, but the surgeon has assured me he can do my reconstruction in October in time for my wedding in November :)
This has been a complete roller coaster of emotions. I am very self concious of my body now though, but hopefully will feel better once I have the reconstruction. I cant have a nipple reconstruction for a further 6 months though.
I am trying to get used to having no breast, nipple & feeling....not easy. Everyone keeps saying 'it could have been worse'. I know it could, but this doesn't help how I feel about my body now.
Im trying to focus on my wedding now & hoping Im all sorted in time. xx

Big hug.
You are doing so well, but it's entirely normal and right to have as much time as you need to get over such a huge trauma. It's a kind of bereavement really.
People try to help by saying "It could have been worse", but sometimes a proper dose of sympathy is better.
Treat yourself like a princess; you deserve it xxx

Hope you're ok xxx I had my double mastectomy and reconstruction on the 3rd of July x if u need a wee shoulder please just pm me xxx sending all my love xxx

Big Hugs to both Cath and Siobrennan :hug::hug:. Losing one or both breasts must be emotionally difficult and I will not be saying to both of you that it could have been worse because deep down you know that yourselves. The fact is you are now having to come to terms with what you have lost and only time will help you both with that. Maybe when you have your reconstruction surgery you will feel more positive and it's good to hear you have your wedding to look forward to in November. I hope all goes well for both of you. For those that make irritating comments just try to block the comment out and think of something positive (I know that might be difficult). Sometimes people just don't know what to say and instead of saying nothing at all they just go ahead a make some useless comment. Unless someone has been through this type of trauma they cannot possibly understand how it must feel. Best wishes to both of you and Cath I look forward to you posting all about your wedding xx

:hug: Big hugs for you brave ladies. I can't imagine what you have gone through and the journey still ahead of you. I agree with Dande, people think they are trying to help, but flippin 'eck maybe a few years down the line when you have learnt how to manage things you may feel that way.

Latest posts

Back