French Tip trick with Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
Many seem to want to use Minx for making French Tip Designs.

If you want to do this and embed the Minx under a coat of UV Finishing Gloss or Clear L&P then you can.

How to cut the perfect French curve every time in the Minx.

Cutting Minx is always easiest if you do it while the Minx is still attached to the backing sheet and while it is cold.

Remove the middle 'disc' from a CND Performance Sculpting form .. You will note that this is egg-shaped ... One end is the perfect shape for a normal smile line and the other is the perfect shape for a deep smile. :green:

Place the Performance Form 'disc' over the Minx using it as your pattern. Take your curved scissors and trim along the edge of the disc .. remove the disc and do another and another and another until you have done the required amount for your French Tip designs. All will look exactly the same!

Remember to allow yourself a long enough piece of Minx so that you have something to work with and so you can apply it easily to the free edge of the nail.

thats a great trick gigi helps me out anyways :) xx

What a cool idea!! I'm going to go try that now! X
Posted via Mobile Device

Omg Gigi you are truly a mine of information and great tips :hug:
What a fantastic idea i have tried free hand to cut them but the results were rubbish i am defiantly going to have a go at this :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant mama. pls let customer care know so they can give out this info. x
Posted via Mobile Device

Brilliant and what a fab way to use the 'left over' minx on the sheet.
Thank you
:hug:

Thank you
great idea, thank you geeg! x

Thank you

Not to mention the left over center discs of the Performance Forms. :green:

Glad you are liking my little tip. If others have a tip to share then please do so in the Minx Lovers Group. I know you have all tried stuff that worked or didn't. Please feel free to share all.

oooh fab fab i will have to have a try :green: quite faniced offering french minx effects xxxx

You know what I love about the likes of minx and popits etc...
Is that they are a brilliant service just used as they are intended to be used,
But we have the oppertunity to think of and share so many other ways to make use of them too...:hug:

Thankyou for sharing Gigi I am going to give it a go in a minute ( just because I am impatient like that lol)

Now thats what I call 'using ya nozzle'..........that is such a fab idea......

Do the minx sheets fair well under a coat of L&P Gigi?

thats a fab idea!!!

Wow! I have just practised this on my self. I have enhancements on with bright pink polish and I have tipped the with minx cheetah and they look fab!!!
Thanks Geeg for such great advice
Xxx
Posted via Mobile Device

Now thats what I call 'using ya nozzle'..........that is such a fab idea......

Do the minx sheets fair well under a coat of L&P Gigi?

The word on the street is that they fair perfectly well. I have not tried it myself but fifitrix has.

what a fab idea, am going to give it bash tomorrow, i have some pink cheetahs left over and am desperate to make use of them. my phone is currently covered in bits of leftover minx that i cant use for a forthcoming charity event! it looks awesome!

tigi

I did these on a fellow geek a while back, It was a bit of an experiment really as I had no idea how they would turn out, I did find I couldn't do the smile lines so we went with this slant effect lol,

They held up pretty well for the 2 weeks she wore them really as far as staying power go's, there were a few little annoying things but that was more to do with how I applied them, not them actually being there if you know what I mean...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3593/3600912705_310e9a3152_b.jpg

I did these on a fellow geek a while back, It was a bit of an experiment really as I had no idea how they would turn out, I did find I couldn't do the smile lines so we went with this slant effect lol,

They held up pretty well for the 2 weeks she wore them really as far as staying power go's, there were a few little annoying things but that was more to do with how I applied them, not them actually being there if you know what I mean...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3593/3600912705_310e9a3152_b.jpg

That idea is very cool Emma. What sort of a top coat did you use over them ... Gel? L&P? Air Dry??

These are embedded under the l&p and then I think the top coat I used was super shiney

The mistake I made with these I think , was I stuck the minx to white tips, My original thought was to stick them to white tips and cut out the smile, or file it away with the minx file, as if I were pre-tailoring a tip,
then apply the tips, It didn't work as my scissors couldnt cut the smile out neat enough, and I couldnt do it with the file lol,
so I ended up trimming away some of the tip, and slashing the minx accross...
But once all the tips with minx were stuck down, I then applied the l&p overlay as normal just making sure I capped all the edges.

But a lesson learned and all that lol, sometimes we have to get it wrong to get it right x

I do now know they hold up well under l&p though :green:

Does anyone have any idea's how much you would charge for this then ?
(incase I do them on myself and everyone loves them, and I am totally not prepared for it lol)

Just reading this thread with interest, I am going to minx my cousins toes tomorrow, we were trying to think of something to do on her natural nails as they are really nice so wont need to use enhancements I might do her matching French Minx, what would I use to top coat them to make them last longer? any ideas would be appreciated.

I can totally vouch for using them under L&P- it works GREAT!

BUT, I haven't tried them under ANY kind of gel- I was worried it was too smooth? ANy light you can shed on this Gigi?

Latest posts

Back