Full face wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseDavidNailDesign

Reaction score
Just wondering how you all convince your clients to have a cheek, and chin wax? Including the little sideburns, (never call them that though:lol:)

Try explaining that make-up will look better. Is this just a case of personality type?

Many think the hair will come back thicker, but I educate them.

What do you all, as women, prefer? Just a lip wax (if needed) or brazilian face :)

I personally think it fully depends on just how "hairy" the client is as I wouldnt necessarily recommend the cheeks and full face wax if the client just comes for say an upper lip wax.

However if the client is fairly "hairy" so that there would be an obvious diffference or line between where you have waxed and where you havent then it would be advisable to wax further around the area.

concerning the chin wax, most clients will be happy with that if you suggest it to them.

But like you say you have to be careful and tactile .....even though we might here call it "sideburns" and or "hairy" to describe what we mean, the client should obviously be convinced with different words :eek:

You never know, they might be concerned about their lip hair, but maybe the bit on their chin/ sides of face might not bother them.
Or vice versa - the slight moustache might not be noticeable to them, but they want their chin waxed.
Personally I think it's our job to wax the areas they request and not to give them a complex about areas where perhaps they have never noticed hairs before. OK, if the area is covered in thick or dark hair maybe we could subtly suggest ' did you want me to wax blah blah blah, too? ' but I certainly don't think we should be 'convincing' them of anything if they are happy with the way they are.
Also getting them to wax here, there and everywhere could be interpreted as being a hard sell on our part and might look like we're just after their cash . . . and not being a sympathetic therapist.

I would never suggest areas to be waxed. If it doesn't bother them, then I don't want to make an issue of it.

If you are only waxing one area of the face, blend it into the next area so that blur the line.

I would only ever use hot wax for facial waxing, but I would blend by using this method:-

Dip your spatula into the strip wax, picking up a tiny amount. Then dab the wax randomly over the area next to the area you've just waxed. Make sure it isn't in a set pattern. Then remove with a strip and with the wax now on the strip, press onto the are again and it will blend it further. This is only to remove vellus hair and for blending purposes only. xxx

Dip your spatula into the strip wax, picking up a tiny amount. Then dab the wax randomly over the area next to the area you've just waxed. Make sure it isn't in a set pattern. Then remove with a strip and with the wax now on the strip, press onto the are again and it will blend it further. This is only to remove vellus hair and for blending purposes only. xxx

Sounds interesting, can't really picture it though, think its something I will have to see!

Thank you to everyone for your replies!

You never know, they might be concerned about their lip hair, but maybe the bit on their chin/ sides of face might not bother them.
Or vice versa - the slight moustache might not be noticeable to them, but they want their chin waxed.
Personally I think it's our job to wax the areas they request and not to give them a complex about areas where perhaps they have never noticed hairs before. OK, if the area is covered in thick or dark hair maybe we could subtly suggest ' did you want me to wax blah blah blah, too? ' but I certainly don't think we should be 'convincing' them of anything if they are happy with the way they are.
Also getting them to wax here, there and everywhere could be interpreted as being a hard sell on our part and might look like we're just after their cash . . . and not being a sympathetic therapist.

I certainly dont think it is about "giving them a complex" more the opposite. Some clients might have either not noticed or not be able to see that it might look better if certain areas are waxed together. For example we had a lady that was initially only concerned about her upper lip but once she could see the "contrast" of the waxed upper lip against the unwaxed chin she was grateful this was pointed out to her and has been happy to have both waxed since then.

This is not the only case and i dont see it as "hard sell" at all! Far from it, because our clients come to us for some help and advice - we know the products and the effects better so they rely on us to advise them.

And, of couse, - before this gets taken in any other way!- this is highly dependent on the client. Some are very sure about what they want and what they dont want, but others need reassurance and are looking for suggestions and its up to us to find out what the client wants whether its just a upper lip wax or a whole face wax...
:hug:

I think it depends upon the client. I have a few who have said that they want me to tell them if they ever have a hairy lip or chin as they would be mortified if they were walking about with it & they couldn't see it (especially as their eyesight begins to fail)! I rarely think a full face wax is the answer as removing the vellus hairs gives a shiny 'burnt skin' look, and as the hairs soften the appearance of wrinkles they tend to look deeper afterwards. If I see hairs that I think are honestly noticeable, I tend to say things like " you've got a couple of stray hairs on your chin, do you want me to whip them out whilst I do the lip" and I never charge for these extras, except if they decide to continue having it done on subsequent appointments.

I would never suggest areas to be waxed. If it doesn't bother them, then I don't want to make an issue of it.

If you are only waxing one area of the face, blend it into the next area so that blur the line.

I would only ever use hot wax for facial waxing, but I would blend by using this method:-

I have used the method, having been shown it by Kim, and it works wonderfully! Clients love the results!!

Here in the UK you often see sideburns listed as 'sides' on a pricelist, esp in Asian salons. I will 99% of the time suggest a client has something extra done if I genuinely think they will benefit from it. But I don't charge them, if it's my idea. This has worked well for me, for many clients, who have been delighted, and re-booked, and of course, from the next appointment, I charge them :)

Here in the UK you often see sideburns listed as 'sides' on a pricelist, esp in Asian salons. I will 99% of the time suggest a client has something extra done if I genuinely think they will benefit from it. But I don't charge them, if it's my idea. This has worked well for me, for many clients, who have been delighted, and re-booked, and of course, from the next appointment, I charge them :)

This is a great idea! While I don't find the cost to be the objection, this is a good way to clarify that I want them to look their best, not that I'm just after their money! :hug:

Exactly! And by the way, do you also use Lori Nestore's Royal Message Board?

The Wax Queen's Royal Message Board

Yes, I love it! Her ball of wax video is like my bible!! Well, more like encyclopedia! She is great. But as far as forums, can't beat SG :hug:

Oh, and had a back wax today, and tried the blending technique mentioned by Kim Lawless (thank you Kim!) Worked great, but I just put the wax from the pot straight into the strip, blotted the wax a little, by folding the ends together and applied the strip like normal on the surrounding areas and it really helped soften the line along the neck!!

Last edited:
Oh, and had a back wax today, and tried the blending technique mentioned by Kim Lawless (thank you Kim!) Worked great, but I just put the wax from the pot straight into the strip, blotted the wax a little, by folding the ends together and applied the strip like normal on the surrounding areas and it really helped soften the line along the neck!![/

That's fine and I use that technique sometimes. However, I still think that you get a more natural blend by dabbing the wax onto the skin.

If I'm doing a back wax, I always do the neck with hot wax and follow the hair line xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a client who came in for a top lip wax, but she had hairy nostrils, so I suggested that I wax real close to her nostril (just up a bit but not into the nostril) she then asked if I could do a nostril wax. Of course I said yes and did it for her for free to sample it. Well she loved it, paid for the nostril wax as a tip as well ang gave me an extra tip and was so pleased she has booked in for 4 weeks when I always do her waxing, and has told loads of people.

I hate the hair on my cheeks and have attempted to remove it a number of times over the years... strip wax, hot wax and epilation devices.... I always end up with nasty spots... :irked: Much less attractive and noticeable than some dark downy hair imo.

I can be waxed anywhere without a problem... my cheeks being the exception.

So I have given up trying.... Guess I'm just meant to have a fluffy face lol

I can imagine if you got someone to try having their face waxed and then their skin reacted like mine does - you might not be very popular with that client lol.... it was your idea after all.

Hmm, maybe not the right way to view it... but I just wanted to add my fluffy faced opinion!

Last edited:
I have a client who came in for a top lip wax, but she had hairy nostrils, so I suggested that I wax real close to her nostril (just up a bit but not into the nostril) she then asked if I could do a nostril wax. Of course I said yes and did it for her for free to sample it. Well she loved it, paid for the nostril wax as a tip as well ang gave me an extra tip and was so pleased she has booked in for 4 weeks when I always do her waxing, and has told loads of people.

I had the exact same experience last week.... it makes my day when I get to do a nostril wax lol. I love how every 'nostril' client lays there practically whooping with excitement when you show them what has been removed!... and they all seem to want to keep it!... what's that all about! :lol:

Last edited:
I had the exact same experience last week.... it makes my day when I get to do a nostril wax lol. I love how every 'nostril' client lays there practically whooping with excitement when you show them what has been removed!... and they all seen to want to keep it!... what's that all about! :lol:

Phew - I just thought that only boys got excited about it. "That's amazing!" they all say!

One of my most surprised guys did actually demand to take a 'loaded' plug home to show his sister. :)

as you said - what's that all about? :lol:

Latest posts

Back