Funny things our dogs do!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and now for my funny habit regarding the dog ...i talk for him !!!
all the time i cant help it ...if he looks at me when im reading ...im like
"what was that maxi..did you say ...im very bored mummy put the book down and play with me instead please ....well ok babyface i will play with you ....fwankyou mummy yayyy"
or when i give him his dinner i say "there you go baby "
then i say ....
"hmmm fwankyou,im soooo vewry hungwery yum,yum yum ,!
lol i even have an accent that i use though for him too ...i do it automatically without realising ...am i weird or do you peeps do it too ?

Ummmmmm:confused:

Me thinks you're weird hun:lol: :lol: :lol:

but it's ok, we're all weird.
I'll be that not a single one among us can claim to NOT EVER having a single conversation with our dog/cat/hampster/goldfish etc ROFL I'll bet that we've ALL done it.:green:
We humans are strange folk. We talk to critters that can't (or usually don't lol) talk back.

Mind you, if I meow at my cat, he meows back. This can go on for umm 5 or so minutes. Does this qualify as intelligent convo since I'm getting a response?
:lol:

I had a yorki called jazz he used to wait for the postman coming as soon as the postman posted anything jazz would jump up to the letterbox and snatch the letters then start shaking them :) .
Also when we wre out walking and jazz needed a poo he would pick a spot but then spin round till he was happy then do whaterver he had to there lol

Ummmmmm:confused:

Me thinks you're weird hun:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mind you, if I meow at my cat, he meows back. This can go on for umm 5 or so minutes. Does this qualify as intelligent convo since I'm getting a response?
:lol:
your just as wierd as me lol :green:
max will talk to us in his own way ...he sort of go's
ooorrroww woww rofwow ewwoeooowwwww ouuwwwww ororowwowoworrrrww
he does this when we have been out and come back in ...hes saying " yayyyyyy mummy daddy sisters ..ive missed you all so much where have you been ..im oh so happy now you are back i love you all so much ..NOW DID YOU BRING ME SOME FOOD IM STARVING !! " LOL:green:

he also does it when we have a visitor that he loves ,we dont allow people to stroke him straight away as he wees everywhere while doing a little dance ,just to make sure he has full coverage of the floor !
so untill they stroke him he again go's rooowororwwooowww roworrrrowww woof woof woofoooooffffff ...he's saying " hey stroke me !...you love me why arnt you stroking me ,c'mon you know you think im cute and you want to stroke me woooohoooo here i ammm ,why are you ignoring me heeellooo ,im here !!! "
he wiggles round the floor like a looney his whole back end wiggles instead of just his tale !
orrr i love my little baby

I love my baby!

She is so cute!

She is soft and lets you do anything to her.

When we get home so growls like she is saying hello, she sulks if you shout at her, if you ignore her she sighs (a proper loud sigh), if me and chris kiss or cuddle she jumps on us as if to say 'hello, I am here you know', she chases bubbles out the bath round the bathroom.

Having Molly is like having a proper person.

She knows if we argue, knows if i'm sad, knows if i need her to chill for a bit.

My other labrador (who is in the kennel in the sky now) was the funniest dog...she once walked passed my dads foot then wiped her bum on his sock...he had a skid all the way down his sock and they had company at the time.

She used to regularly eat sweaty mens socks whole and after a few days she would either puke it up or it had to be helped out at the other end... still in one twisted piece...dont know why she did this think it had something to do with her phantom pregnancies but me dad reckoned it was the salt in the socks (yak!).

She stole a huge bar of cadburys dairy milk and only managed to eat half of it. Loved lurpack and would regularly steal it if you left it out.

She had a passionate relationship with my giant teddy bear and it ended up losing both his eyes.

She used to suck on bed quilts, bed was soaking off her.

My nanas dog Carly a one eyed cross breed who is fantastic (she used to be mine) has a wee standing on her front paws and lifts her back legs up then squirts, its funny but strange to see.

My favourite thing dogs do is when they go electric and run round in lots of circles.

By the way, George is so cute!!!

And some of the replies have cheered me right up, cos Im not well today!!

I have got a weimeraner and he will eat absolutely anything.

I had a morning full of clients and had avoided ddoing any housework, i started inside the house and left the job all us dog owners love doing last.....picking up the poo from the garden.

As i was picking up i noticed that there was something white, very long and about an inch wide, i rang my Dad, "its a tapeworm" he said "put it in a jar and take it down the vets" I swear the thing moved when i picked it up.

I got to the vets and quietly mentioned to the receptionist my findings and she broadcasted across the whole of the surgery, i was mortified.

Now we are all waiting to hear what the vet has to say, finally she returned and said "Miss Hilton, that is the largest tapeworm i have ever seen, but its not a tapeworm, its a Jay cloth".

I have never been soooo embaressed. It gave everyone else a laugh though.

Love him! Teri x

oh that reminds me...

one of mine will eat anything also, including fruit, lettuce, cucmber and seeds.
I swear she thinks she is a hamster!! :lol:

When my Golden Retriever Amber was a puppy she would grab hold of her tail and then try to walk sideways so that she didnt have to leg go....she would jump on my son's girlfriends back ever time she arrived at our house(she looked like one of those animal bags)....when she was older she knew all her soft toys by their name and we would spend hours with her going and finding and bringing back to me whatever one I had asked her for..... She would bark at anyone walking past the front of the house by walking from one side of the window to the other sideways standing on her back legs, she could balance like that for ages....... she did the wall of death around our lounge every time she thought she had been told of for something she didnt do.....she always knew when I was upset and would sit with her head on my lap.....she knew the signature tune to Holby City and would get up and bark for her dinner as soon as she heard the first note.....she was my best friend and I miss her so much since she went to Rainbow Bridge:cry: :cry: :cry: now I have made myself cry.

I haven't got a dog :O( BUT I have got 2 rabbits and one of them, Smokey, is so dopey! He loves it when you stroke his head.......but if you stroke Molly (his girlfriend!!) he gets all jelous and nudges your hand with his head as if to say 'Oi stroke me!' What's also funny is that she lays right across his face and he loves it because she's touching his head. They are such a cute couple. If I was at home I would attach piccies to bore you all!! ;O)

BTW the avatar is my cat Arthur and if I started telling you all the funny things he does we'd all be infor a LONG night!!

and now for my funny habit regarding the dog ...i talk for him !!!
all the time i cant help it ...if he looks at me when im reading ...im like
"what was that maxi..did you say ...im very bored mummy put the book down and play with me instead please ....well ok babyface i will play with you ....fwankyou mummy yayyy"
or when i give him his dinner i say "there you go baby "
then i say ....
"hmmm fwankyou,im soooo vewry hungwery yum,yum yum ,!
lol i even have an accent that i use though for him too ...i do it automatically without realising ...am i weird or do you peeps do it too ?

Yes *puts hand up* I am also very guilty of this :green:

I have full on conversations with my dogs, translating their body language into what they actually might be saying....

like a tail wag could mean "Oh Mummy I do love you, you are fabulous, I so adore our little chats."

Or a look of pity might mean "Mummy you are the strangest person I have ever met, I no longer wish to consort with you."

Oh dear :o Thing is, I live alone on a farm in the middle of nowhere so I get away with doing it all the time, not quite realising I sound insane...so when I am out in public with them I just carry on as normal :eek:

Erm....Funny things my dogs do....well two of them are collies and one is a Welsh Red Sheepdog, so all very intelligent. They're never on leads, they all respond to vocal commands 100%, so they walk at heel, in they're own specially devised formation! Raven is closest to me (I think because she's the youngest and the other two think she's best off there), Deavyn in the middle and Freya on the outside keeping order (she's the oldest).

All my dogs know the difference between Wats (rats), Wabbits (rabbits) and Squiggles (squirrels)....looking either down the nearest hole (wats), in the hedge (wabbits) or up the nearest tree (squiggles). They also know 'who is it?' to mean they should bounce up and down by the front door and make a lot of noise in case of intruders :green:

They can all speak on demand, and my two youngest can groan on demand (although this does entail me having to groan first:wink2: ).

Deavyn also does a marvellous little trick called 'bottoms-up' which involves her sticking her ass in the air on demand....I'll have to fish out a photo, but it's basically the 'submission pose' of most female dogs, awfully attractive sight to greet you in the morning :eek:

I could go on forever, better stop though! Have loved reading everyone's doggie stories :green:

Hiya

My dog baxter does some funny things.
if i'm in the garden and the phone rings he goes mad and howls.

My rabbit Edith is the funny one..she spends her day sleeping and playing in the garden...when a bird comes down she will chase it back out like a cat.

This pigeon comes into our garden and gives her the run around, he goes into her pen and eats her food..this drives her bonkers.(the chase is on:mad: )

I haven't got a dog :O( BUT I have got 2 rabbits and one of them, Smokey, is so dopey! He loves it when you stroke his head.......but if you stroke Molly (his girlfriend!!) he gets all jelous and nudges your hand with his head as if to say 'Oi stroke me!' What's also funny is that she lays right across his face and he loves it because she's touching his head. They are such a cute couple. If I was at home I would attach piccies to bore you all!! ;O)

BTW the avatar is my cat Arthur and if I started telling you all the funny things he does we'd all be infor a LONG night!!

Haha, how strange.. my house rabbits do that also. LOL!! They are a very affectionate creatures, but also very independant and sometimes grumble at me if i get in their way or something while I am cleaning out their litter tray for example.
Quite little characters!! :lol:

the funniest thing my dog tends to do is....
when she wakes up the morning she has bed head and her little tache is out of shape, before we leave the house for work, she runs up the hallway with one half of her head on the carpet, then runs back with the opposite side of her head down, this combs her hair and tache and she's ready to leave the house.

Well my one year old whippet (called Baby!) does something which although it was endearing when she was a puppy it is now a very disruptive habit. she sits (or lies down) and incessantly whinges, she can do it for hours on end - its either a very annoying 'yip' kind of high pitched bark, or she literally moans and sighs:irked: . the trouble is that she does it most often in the evenings when the kids are asleep so i used to cuddle her or pet her to shut her up, but of course now she does it to get attention and to be honest I can't always be arsed to give her that attention!

I know its a bit off-topic but has anyone got any advice for me - I'm desperate!!!!:eek:

Well my one year old whippet (called Baby!) does something which although it was endearing when she was a puppy it is now a very disruptive habit. she sits (or lies down) and incessantly whinges, she can do it for hours on end - its either a very annoying 'yip' kind of high pitched bark, or she literally moans and sighs:irked: . the trouble is that she does it most often in the evenings when the kids are asleep so i used to cuddle her or pet her to shut her up, but of course now she does it to get attention and to be honest I can't always be arsed to give her that attention!

I know its a bit off-topic but has anyone got any advice for me - I'm desperate!!!!:eek:
What about a clicker training aid.When she moans/crys you click the clicker.She stops to see what has made the noise,then you reward.She will soon realise that when she stops she gets a reward.Fab training aid from pet shops.

These can be used for lots of different problems with dogs.Hope this helps.xx

My cocker spaniel has an obsession with tissues - my god I didn't know a couch roll could make so much mess. It looked like an Andrex advert on speed!

My cocker spaniel has an obsession with tissues - my god I didn't know a couch roll could make so much mess. It looked like an Andrex advert on speed!

My aunty's beagle puppy also does this and he has worked out how to open the kitchen bin and get tissues out. Completely obsessed - MAD! :lol:

sophie my german shepard tilts her head to one side when she says hello to you. and if you tilt your head the other way she will copy.... every time she sees a different vet they always comment on it, i sware she had her head put on at an angle.. it does look cute though

i have to dogs my puppy angal she takes my slippers to bed with her every night. or as soon as i take them off.:hug:

Oh! something else i remembered, my dog is a real curtain twitcher aswell, he loves to nose out the window at everybody and everything that is going on and we live in a close so theres not alot of activity.

He will sit for hours, watching, waiting and looking like (to onlookers) like he has never been walked. He has the most beautiful green eyes and does this please feel sorry for me look.

He terrorises all the pussycats that dare enter the close, the hedgehog that lives in the garden with its young and eats all the daddylonglegs that enter the house (which i actually encourage).

But he's my lovely boy and i'd never be without him.

Teri x:hug:

Latest posts

Back