Geeks - I need your help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJoPearce

Reaction score
I'm going out with my mates on Friday for one of our 30th birthdays (we are all going to be 30 over the next 12 months so lots of parties coming up).

I'm going to do myself a new set of nails but cannot decide on what look or shape to go for. I have all the creative powders and a couple of nailgraphix glitters (diamonds in the rough or ruby slipper).

I quite fancy doing the ruby slippers, but if i do not sure how my hands would look if I tried an almond shape.

Let me know what you think. I'll post a picture of my sausage fingers in the gallery in a second.

Found this picture already in there.
http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=5717&catid=searchresults&searchid=3208

i think almond will look good our nails are quite square making your sausage fingers (your words)look stumpy lol.Mine are the same.

I'm not a fan of almonds or stilletoes myself.

BUT I feel that they do give the impression of elongating and/or slimming the finger.

Hope this helps

Take a pic when you're done and share:green:

:hug:

I reckon an almond shape would look fab..... My fingers are stumpy and square makes them look stumpier! I usually wear almond, sometimes almost stilleto and it really elongates my fingers.....

Give it a go and please put up a pic of the result.....

ive have short stumpy fingers (sorry iam not saying that youve got short stumpy ones) and usally wear square but a couple of weeks ago i had some almond ones on and they looked really nice and made my fingers look nice and long. i cany wait to get some more on as ive taken them off while iam off work and its half term.

go for it and try them, but make sure you post a piccy.

as you fancy the ruby slippers why don't you have a go at the ruby red slippers of Gigi's??

I love the stilletto look myself, but if you not that sure why not go for a cross between almond n stilletto? If you use the ruby slippers the look will b fantastic!!!
Post a pic n let us have a gander!!!!:)

Debz xx

Go for almond or stilletto - either would really flatter your hands. Ruby slippers would be ideal for a party - go girl!

if your going for ruby slippers id go for a almond type shape

kinda like these gels i did early last yr on my diddy nails

nailpics012.jpg

OK, I will go for the ruby/almond.

Will do them in the week and post the pictures, might even go mad and custom blend as well.

Thanks all,

have to agree with the others flower - almond most deffo - that shape will elongate your fingers, and also make your hands look more elegant.i now wear almond most of the time as i have hands like a tranny..............

Do you know squoval? Its more oval than square.
Also i was taught at school that the most flattering tip shape is the same roundness of the cuticle arch. So if a client is not sure what shape she wants i always use the cuticle as a guide and they always always love it. i have sausage fingers and i use a squoval shape on mine, too pointy does not look good for me, and square is just too much, it's all wrong:green:

Blossey

Do you know squoval? Its more oval than square.
Also i was taught at school that the most flattering tip shape is the same roundness of the cuticle arch. So if a client is not sure what shape she wants i always use the cuticle as a guide and they always always love it. i have sausage fingers and i use a squoval shape on mine, too pointy does not look good for me, and square is just too much, it's all wrong:green:

Blossey

I can see where you are coming from.

I was always of the understanding that you should follow the cuticle for the smile lines though, not for the shape of the nail :hug:

I too was taught in school to go with the cuticle shape for the shape of the nail.

I do have a question.....what is stilletto???

Yep cuticle shape for both free edge and smile lines, if in doubt go that way and your almost guarenteed success

Bloss

have to agree with the others flower - almond most deffo - that shape will elongate your fingers, and also make your hands look more elegant.i now wear almond most of the time as i have hands like a tranny..............

I just filed my nails into an almond shape to see if I liked them and guess what... I LOVE THEM!!!!

Dont know why I didn't do this ages ago. My hands look so much better now. I'll post a picture later when I do the ruby tips.

Cheers girls for all your advice.

I just filed my nails into an almond shape to see if I liked them and guess what... I LOVE THEM!!!!

Dont know why I didn't do this ages ago. My hands look so much better now. I'll post a picture later when I do the ruby tips.

Cheers girls for all your advice.

Glad you are sorted - don't forget the pics

Just bumping up to show pictures

they look a nice shape on you hunnio well done :)

Latest posts

Back