Geeky Wallpapers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanny

Reaction score
Fancy some custom geek wallpaper for your computer? I've got some and I'm willing to share. lol I've made the wallpapers according to typical screen resolutions, if your resolution isnt catered for, let me know and I'll make one up. Its important that you download the wallpaper that matches your screen resolution, if it doesnt, your desktop wont display as well as it should.

If you're not sure what screen resolution means or indeed what yours is at present, open your control panel and double click the 'Display' icon, click on the 'Settings' tab and you'll notice a small slider button at the bottom left of panel, you'll find your personal screen resolution written under the slider, it will be something like '1024 by 768' or '1440 by 900', just remember the number, maybe copy it into Notepad?

Now, go and download the wallpaper that corresponds with that resolution, save it to your desktop as it will be easier to find later on. Open your control panel again, and double click the 'Display' icon but this time click on the 'Desktop' tab. This allows you to choose which wallpaper you'd like to use on your computer. Click on the 'Browse' button, find and select your new wallpaper, once you've found it, click on 'Open', then 'Apply' and finally 'Ok'. Voilá!!

There are only 4 wallpapers at the moment and they all use the same colour blend, if anyone wants something different, let me know. Incidentally, you can use anything at all for these wallpapers, photos, logos, abstract stuff, whatever you can think of, the only stipulation is that the screen resolution and the wallpaper are the same.

Awesome!!

I've snagged mine!

Won't use it right now. Have a BEAUTIFUL pic of my girls as my screensaver.
BUT I'll definately use at some point.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Seanny Ive got mine looks so cool.
Now I have my little geeky mate smiling at me at all times:lol:

ooooo cheers matey ,
I am now wearing my lovely new geeky wallpaper outfit, thankyou xxx
(I'll have it in a deep reddy colour if you have it ...to match my living room :wink2:)
:green:

Cool....we've got some interest. :)

Which size are you using Emma?

Wow thats brilliant!!! I've changed the one on my work conputer and everyones asking me what it is and what it means! xx

Glad you like it Louise & Karen. Victoria, you can include any and all pics on top of the wallpaper if you have a layers-based graphics program such as Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro. If you dont have access to such programs and you'd still like your kiddies AND the Geek wallpaper, I'll be happy to help out. :)

Emma, your new wallpaper can be downloaded here. x

Is there any way that you can move the logo or tell me how to move my vista sidebar as it covers the logo.

How sad am I. I want to keep the sidebar though.

Hi Tracey, where would you like the logo in relation to your screen? If you dont have many icons, I can move it in more to the left, or centralise it completely, whatever suits.

center would be good seanny and maybe a little bigger lol or am I just being toooo cheeky now lol

yep, too cheeky! LOL

Ok, centre is good, what size are you using?

Sean I am using the 1024x768 size but can I have the logo bigger and in the centre Oh and in pink :hug:

good call lell, im with u on that 1! xx

Lell, I can make the logo bigger but it will lose its clarity as I'm working off a small pic to start off with, maybe Sam might give us a bigger logo? Knowing my luck, He'll probably come down on me like a ton of bricks for using the logo without his permission. :wink2: Hi Sam, didnt see you there. I'm being good....honest :eek:

Lell, I can make the logo bigger but it will lose its clarity as I'm working off a small pic to start off with, maybe Sam might give us a bigger logo? Knowing my luck, He'll probably come down on me like a ton of bricks for using the logo without his permission. :wink2: Hi Sam, didnt see you there. I'm being good....honest :eek:

Sean I am sure Sam will allow it hes lovely like that :lol:

Lol, awww but its for the good of the site,
If its on our wallpaper, then its advertising the site in a way...advertising / promoting whatever sounds best to butter Mr Gmg up lol

You guys are impossible. LOL

Lell, have a goo at this.

now if my name was Lell,I would have downloaded that one too for when My other one was in the wash :green:
I might copy it anyway and put a desktop icon in the way of the name lmao

now if my name was Lell,I would have downloaded that one too for when My other one was in the wash :green:
I might copy it anyway and put a desktop icon in the way of the name lmao

I give up LOL

Latest posts

Back