Geeky Wallpapers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL Lell, Nicky gets two wallpapers and a free computer to use them with. :) Nicky if you want one, I'll need your screen resolution.

aww Seanny thats great, especially as my laptop blew up yesterday and am now stuck grovelling to share the kids pc, so new comp will go down a reat pmsl

now my screen res is 1280x800

thanks hun xxxx

Ok I'm goona be really cheeky, could I have one in the name of my salon? Pretty pretty please...heres my logo
· PolishedNailBoutique·

Thank you very very very very much.lol

Ok I'm goona be really cheeky, could I have one in the name of my salon? Pretty pretty please...heres my logo
· PolishedNailBoutique·

Thank you very very very very much.lol

Lisa this will take some major grovelling babe :lol:

Nicky, here ya go, one finished wallpaper, and because of your superior grovelling technique (very impressive lol), your Geek symbol actually works!! Clicking on it will bring you straight to the heart of the action. Let me know if you have probs setting it as your desktop, its slightly different than the others.

Stoney hun, I think you should listen to what Lell is saying, more work is required on the grovelling front. :smack: I'll also need to know your screen resolution before I can do anything. :)

Aww Seanny, you are so good and patient with us! Thanks mate! xxx

WE LOVE YOU SEANNY, WE DO
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
SEANNY WE LOVE YOU!!!

enough???:eek::eek:

oh and it's the 1200 x 800 one. Thank you very much, kind sir.

Last edited:
Hello oh great pc geek of this world.

Could I please, please, please trouble you for a wallpaper similar to Nicky's, with the personal geeky logo in the middle but with the faded background colour of nice blues.

My mac laptop resolution is 1280 by 800.

Hope Jackie doesnt mind sharing your ever so many talents :wink2:

thank you, thank you, thank you. x x x

Theresa x x x

How about a kiwi living in Aussie - would it be possible :Love:

How about a kiwi living in Aussie - would it be possible :Love:

In here? Anything is possible. lol I'll need your screen resolution though.

Theresa, here's yours. Please note that you can go to this link and save the pic as normal, or alternatively, go to the link in your browser, open the file menu and save the page to your desktop. Once you've done that, just save it as your desktop wallpaper as normal. If you do it this way, your geek logo will link to this site directly.

Nicky, you'll need to do the same as Theresa if you want the geek link to work. I forgot to tell you this.

Stoney, I'm very impressed, that was excellent! :hug: However, you still havent given me your screen res hun, as soon as I have that, i'll make yours up. x

Hi ya - its 1440 x 900!!!!

In here? Anything is possible. lol I'll need your screen resolution though.

Theresa, here's yours. Please note that you can go to this link and save the pic as normal, or alternatively, go to the link in your browser, open the file menu and save the page to your desktop. Once you've done that, just save it as your desktop wallpaper as normal. If you do it this way, your geek logo will link to this site directly.

Nicky, you'll need to do the same as Theresa if you want the geek link to work. I forgot to tell you this.

Stoney, I'm very impressed, that was excellent! :hug: However, you still havent given me your screen res hun, as soon as I have that, i'll make yours up. x

oh wow how fabulous is my desktop its amazing, only prob is, i caanot get it load, think i've not quite grasped what you meant about opening the link in my browser and saving it, cos it saves as html doc 'e' so wont open cos its not a picture?
help lol

oh wow how fabulous is my desktop its amazing, only prob is, i caanot get it load, think i've not quite grasped what you meant about opening the link in my browser and saving it, cos it saves as html doc 'e' so wont open cos its not a picture?
help lol

Dont worry - I am struggling with this one too. I now have it as my wallpaper but cant suss the direct link thing for the picture. Please help oh super Seanny x x x :hug:

Dont worry - I am struggling with this one too. I now have it as my wallpaper but cant suss the direct link thing for the picture. Please help oh super Seanny x x x :hug:

lol me too Teresa, mind you it looks good enough as it is, but imagine being able to click the geek logo and be taken direct to salon geek, how mega geeky will we too be T?

ive pm'd seanny asking his greatness to try and help humble old me figure out this techno stuff pmsl

xxx

Stoney, here's yours, sorry about the delay, I missed you telling me the screen res the first time round.

Ok Nicky and Theresa and anyone else who got a clickable logo, here's what you need to do. Save the page as explained earlier (file menu/save page as..) to your desktop. Remember guys, its a webpage you should be looking at, so Nicky you'll have (1280-800-nicky.htm ) plus a folder containing the actual pic. Still with me? You are ...good. :)

Now off we go to add the new page, with your desktop properties window open, you again click the 'Browse' button, go to your desktop but before you start searching for your file, change the file selector at the bottom of the screen where it says 'background files', change this to 'HTML Documents (*htm:*html), find your new page, and select it. Then sit back and enjoy. lol

oh and the grovelling? Give it a break, its doing my head in now. LOL

Last edited:
One for Pickles and one for kiwigirl

Please see the previous posts re using the new webpage as a wallpaper, its slightly different to setup than the plain pics.

Stoney, here's yours, sorry about the delay, I missed you telling me the screen res the first time round.

Ok Nicky and Theresa and anyone else who got a clickable logo, here's what you need to do. Save the page as explained earlier (file menu/save page as..) to your desktop. Remember guys, its a webpage you should be looking at, so Nicky you'll have (1280-800-nicky.htm ) plus a folder containing the actual pic. Still with me? You are ...good. :)

Now off we go to add the new page, with your desktop properties window open, you again click the 'Browse' button, go to your desktop but before you start searching for your file, change the file selector at the bottom of the screen where it says 'background files', change this to 'HTML Documents (*htm:*html), find your new page, and select it. Then sit back and enjoy. lol

oh and the grovelling? Give it a break, its doing my head in now. LOL

Still having problems in following this Seanny - is this because I am using Mac laptop? I do appreciate everything you are doing though so a big thank you for trying to help us x x x (no more creeping - honest)!

One for Pickles and one for kiwigirl

Please see the previous posts re using the new webpage as a wallpaper, its slightly different to setup than the plain pics.

Oh thank u ...isn't he a handsom devil!!!

Theresa, using a mac shouldnt be a problem, but I cant swear to that as I've never used one.

lets do it in stages.

(1) have you saved your page to your desktop? If so, you should now have a new webpage called 1280-800-theresa.htm and a new folder called 1280-800-theresa_files on your desktop, one is a webpage and the other is the folder containing your new picture.

THIS IS IMPORTANT, we're actually going to use the webpage for your new desktop, not the picture itself, but we still need to keep that pic in that folder so dont ever delete it by accident.

So for now, just make sure that you have that webpage and folder on your desktop and then we'll move on to the next stage. If you dont have the webpage on your desktop, its most likely because you just saved the pic by right-clicking on it and saving just the picture on its own. If so, go back to the web address and save the page by

In Firefox: clicking on 'File' in your browser menu, then 'Save page as..' and make sure that 'Web page, complete' is selected at the bottom of the dialogue box where it says Save as Type.

In Internet Explorer: clicking on 'File' in your browser menu, then 'Save as..' and make sure that 'Web page, complete (*.htm;*.html)' is selected at the bottom of the dialogue box where it says Save as Type.

(2) Now to add the new page as your desktop wallpaper. Open your control panel again, and double click the 'Display' icon and click on the 'Desktop' tab. This allows you to choose which wallpaper you'd like to use on your computer. Click on the 'Browse' button, but before you start searching for your file, change the file selector at the bottom of the screen where it says 'background files', change this to 'HTML Documents (*htm:*html), find and select your new wallpaper, once you've found it, click on 'Open', then 'Apply' and finally 'Ok'. Thats it, you're done. Your logo should now be clickable.

Aww Seanny it's fab, thanks so much.

Although think i gave you the wrong resolution size, cause its doesnt quite fit. Silly sod!!!

Love it still though.

Thanks again xxxx

ah well i think i know the problem is , im on vista, ive tried on kids pc and i can change desktop properties to allow me to search for html doc, but on my laptop, i can only search for picture files, so have no way to do it

oh well it still looks good

nicky xxx

Latest posts

Back