Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the below colours and I am looking to add 6 more which ones that is the question one of the 6 will be Black as I am almost out of it. Can anyone else advise on these colours and if you have pictures could you kindly post also any interesting colour combo's would be great. The ones I am thinking of getting are Heartless or Hot Pink, Purple Crazy or Rad Raspberry. Blue Raspberry and Pink Lily or Honey Suckle. Any you would advise not to buy based on what I already have below or that are not nice? By the way I have heard that Nubar are discontinuing Victorian Teal, Coco Shimmer and a few others which my wholesaler could not remember. Also I have just started using Mica Powders these also give you so many more colour combinations check them out. Sorry for waffling getting excited about buying some new colours! Thanks as Ever for you help and advise my Fellow Gelicure Geeks xx:D

These are what I already have -
Vital (popular)
Pharoah Purple (popular)
Sweet Dreams (popular)
Green Tea (never been asked for)
White (use for French mostly)
Black (always run out of this 1st)
Sexy Red (popular)
Lustful Red (popular)
Pan Dolce (love this should perhaps take it back if green as is a lovely muted beige/fawn colour)
Grenadine (popular)
A La Mode (popular)
Cocoa Shimmer (Hardly used)
Rugosa Red (occasional use)
Victorian Teal (hardly used)
Vampire Red (popular)
Glazed Ginger (never used)
Maroon (popular)
Aubergine (popular)
Bois De Rose (popular)
Electric Touch (love this over French and for layering)
Flirt (popular)
Heartbreak (my fave)

rad raspberry!!!!! you haven't lived if you haven't had a rad raspberry nail lols its amazing

strawberry is weak in that it has to be layered - ive done a few brides and bridesmaids with it and now I use it as my base colour on french

How many layers of Honeysuckle do you do?
Does it look any good layered with anything.

Is smokey the grey one, if so try it with Electic Touch over the top.

one layer gives good coverage but I usually do 2 on the honeysuckle

smokey has a green sludgey look omg why would anyone make a colour like that never mind buy it haha I bought it on a recommendation from another salon not that far away from me...lols I think she was winding me up

Girls have a lovely happy gelicure story

One of my customers came back for an R&R yesterday.... (remove & reapply)

she had got aubergine with lavender sparks

Her gelicure had been on for....5 weeks... yes 5!!!!

and not one chip....lols she just had really long nails and it had grown out

it was a perfect removal and the nails underneath were perfect

love it!!!!!

we reapplied Victorian teal with blue sparks

Girls have a lovely happy gelicure story

One of my customers came back for an R&R yesterday.... (remove & reapply)

she had got aubergine with lavender sparks

Her gelicure had been on for....5 weeks... yes 5!!!!

and not one chip....lols she just had really long nails and it had grown out

it was a perfect removal and the nails underneath were perfect

love it!!!!!

we reapplied Victorian teal with blue sparks
YAY! And aubergine with the purple glitter over is a gorgeous combo!

I'm doing my nails tomorrow because it's my birthday on Sunday! I don't know how to do them, I think I might have to go for some rockstars!

one layer gives good coverage but I usually do 2 on the honeysuckle

smokey has a green sludgey look omg why would anyone make a colour like that never mind buy it haha I bought it on a recommendation from another salon not that far away from me...lols I think she was winding me up

Iv found smokey really popular but mine doesn't have a green tinge?!!!! 😳 Mine is a nice deep solid grey, pan dolce has a grey/green look I wonder if uv been sent wrong colour????

Loving Rad raspberry and Sunset Pink.

Attachments

• 946222_525338487514242_1870605845_n.jpg
    946222_525338487514242_1870605845_n.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 217
Also Bought, Purple Crazy, Pink Lily, Heartless and Honeysuckle.

Had to do 4 layers of Honeysuckle is this normal ?

Attachments

• 983690_523303967717694_1456651322_n.jpg
    983690_523303967717694_1456651322_n.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 268
Also Bought, Purple Crazy, Pink Lily, Heartless and Honeysuckle.

Had to do 4 layers of Honeysuckle is this normal ?

Yes I only need two for perfect coverage? 4 on a pop stick yes if clear

Hi Gelicure Geeks,

I am due to do a Pedicure course next week and I am wondering if I should offer normal Polish as well as Gelicure, currently I only use Polish when I do childrens nails. Also which way round would you do the Gelicure before or after soak I always do my manicure soak before Gelicure and have had no problems however I have heard others say in the past that you should not soak the nails before. I am also adding Callus peel to my Treatments has anyone else had good results with this. Oh and one last thing what Pedicure products do you recommend Nubar or other brands and what heated Booties are best.
Thanks in advance for all your help

Jodi x

Hi I have recently done the gelicure workshop through my college and loved it. I have bought my kit and just 2 colours to start off with, Is anyone elses rad raspberry quite streaky and runny?? I was taught to do thin layers but it is taking 4 coats to get it nice. thanks

I've booked in to do my Gelicure course at the end of September, cant wait! Will be curling up later with a cuppa and giving this whole thread a good read :)

Hi is anyone else having problems with Gelicure hardening in the bottle? My client chose Purple crazy yesterday I came to apply it and noticed hard pieces in it. This isn't the only one, it's the same with bon appetite. My colours aren't exposed to sunlight or heat. They are in my case ready for my next client. It looks like pink lily has gone off its gone an orange/cream colour. Anyone else had this?

Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing Nude Beige, Lemon, Strawberry and Blue Raspberry.

Can anyone give me an insight into how many coats are needed? Do any of them streak? Any other info would be appreciated.

Thank you

I was at a beauticians yetserday and I was telling her that I was doing my Gelicure course next month. Her instant reaction was, 'Oh Gelish is far better, I use both and Gelish lasts much longer' I was a bit stumped on what to say! Whats your opinions on this for anyone who has tried both, do you think she is right? Thanks in advance!

Hi I use Gelicure on my clients and myself its the best I've used as never had one client complain about chipping or peeling from this product also the colours are great I only have 30 colours at the moment but will be buying more. What I like about Gelicure is mixing the colours to make other shades , it's well worth the training for those who are doing it !! :)

Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing Nude Beige, Lemon, Strawberry and Blue Raspberry.

Can anyone give me an insight into how many coats are needed? Do any of them streak? Any other info would be appreciated.

Thank you

I only have strawberry and blue Rasberry but both are very popular iv found both new three thin even coats to look solid but one strawberry under French has been a massive hit also and over pink lily so iv found it a very profitable colour! :)

Opinions on Luscious Marshmallow and Sandstone?
Anyone got? How does it cover? Is it popular?

Thanks perfect 10 will look into buying these and take a chance on the other.:D

I was at a beauticians yetserday and I was telling her that I was doing my Gelicure course next month. Her instant reaction was, 'Oh Gelish is far better, I use both and Gelish lasts much longer' I was a bit stumped on what to say! Whats your opinions on this for anyone who has tried both, do you think she is right? Thanks in advance!

Boo! How discouraging! I think the best thing you can do is go and get your own nails done with gelicure and see how you like it? And then perhaps try Gelish too, then you can decide for yourself? It may be worth buying some and having a go with it yourself or if you know a fellow therapist you may let you have a try with it? Just a thought as I think it really is personal opinion.

My experience of gelicure was when it was first released, I used it for about a year in 2011/2012 and there was a few teething probs and issues with pigmentation in some of the colours. What's more I often found colours need more than 2 coats (time=money!) so I eventually moved onto Shellac and sold my gelicure kit to a friend who was studying beauty. Personally I prefer shellac, to Gelicure and so do my clients. That said, Gelicure was ok to work with, lasted fine and the colour range was fab. Final point being, this was over a year ago now, so product could've improved further by then and judging by this thread there's even more colour! As for gelish, I have also heard it is very good. Search gelish on here for more info/opinions if you're unsure about what to go for.

I hope this is helpful petalxx

Thank you so much! I'm booked in to do Gelicure course coz the salon I work in has this brands products. I think I will hold off buying any kits for my home salon until I'm comfortable applying and do a gel polish test with all the different brands like you have advised! :)

Latest posts

Back