Glitter addicts are us

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cookieface, I love those! Especially the second one. Good job!

I've been playing around with my own nails today to try and finally get myself in the mood for spring/Easter! I STILL don't have the new Shellac Spring collection so I had to make do with Gotcha, Strawberry Smoothie and Studio White. I tried the Cath Kidston themed nails that I've seen so much of lately, but with a glittery twist of course. I couldn't help myself!

Attachments

• cathkidston.jpg
    cathkidston.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 404
Blingy toes :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 397
Cookieface, I love those! Especially the second one. Good job!

I've been playing around with my own nails today to try and finally get myself in the mood for spring/Easter! I STILL don't have the new Shellac Spring collection so I had to make do with Gotcha, Strawberry Smoothie and Studio White. I tried the Cath Kidston themed nails that I've seen so much of lately, but with a glittery twist of course. I couldn't help myself!
Thanks hun. yours are pretty gorgeous too xx

Now we just need some warm weather so you can show them off and sparkle away in the sunshine!! :)

So true.. Need the sun hate all this cold :(

I've recently qualified in Gelish and was playing around last night and I now have to admit...I'm a glitter addict!!!
So much so I've got my friend coming over today to do her nails.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364807249.727996.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364807249.727996.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 277
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364807262.644763.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364807262.644763.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 294
My delivery of new glitters just arrived.
e3umyju6.jpg

Plus the lavender holographic and deep red holographic irresistible glitters from s2.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Guys I'm having problems 😱 Could you please talk me through your rock star application? When I apply the glitter to the cured, colour layer, all the glitter comes off when I put on the top coat and looks patchy.

And when I apply the glitter into the uncured colour, and then cure, I'm getting messages from clients to say their glitter is chipping off?

HELP!!!!!!! 😭 Xx

I use shellac and I do the same on odd occ I use gellux, base coat cure and then 1 coat of colour and cure, another if wanted and cure, then put glitter on the sticky layer, brush of excess and put top coat on and cure. Viola :)

Guys I'm having problems 😱 Could you please talk me through your rock star application? When I apply the glitter to the cured, colour layer, all the glitter comes off when I put on the top coat and looks patchy.

And when I apply the glitter into the uncured colour, and then cure, I'm getting messages from clients to say their glitter is chipping off?

HELP!!!!!!! 😭 Xx

When you're applying it to the sticky layer hun, how are you doing it? Sprinkling it on and pressing down? Or really burnishing (scrubbing) it on firmly? Xxx

I use shellac and I do the same on odd occ I use gellux, base coat cure and then 1 coat of colour and cure, another if wanted and cure, then put glitter on the sticky layer, brush of excess and put top coat on and cure. Viola :)

When you put your top coat on, does the glitter not come off? Xx

When you're applying it to the sticky layer hun, how are you doing it? Sprinkling it on and pressing down? Or really burnishing (scrubbing) it on firmly? Xxx

I sprinkle it on, press it down with my finger and top coat. How do you burnish it on? Xx

I sprinkle it on, press it down with my finger and top coat. How do you burnish it on? Xx

Try burnishing! Use a fluffy brush (like an eyeshadow brush) or any nail art brush and really scrub the glitter in and then when you have full coverage, use something like a fan brush to remove all excess then you can top coat and you should only get the odd piece of glitter on your brush this way hun ;) I think fingernail fixer has some great videos on this. I'll see if I can find one for you. Xxx

Try burnishing! Use a fluffy brush (like an eyeshadow brush) or any nail art brush and really scrub the glitter in and then when you have full coverage, use something like a fan brush to remove all excess then you can top coat and you should only get the odd piece of glitter on your brush this way hun ;) I think fingernail fixer has some great videos on this. I'll see if I can find one for you. Xxx

Thank you SO much 😊❤ xx

We need the sunshine to come out soon so we can sparkle in the sun!!! :(

We need the sunshine to come out soon so we can sparkle in the sun!!! :(

Today my Swarovski cyrstals arrived :)
SS7, SS9 and SS12, by mistake (i made) the SS9 is Xilion Rose, the others are Xilion Rose Enhanced....
If there is a difference, i cannot say it's a big one :cool:
I will give myself a Swarovski pedicure one of these days :idea:

When you put your top coat on, does the glitter not come off? Xx

You need to have enough top coat to float over the glitter otherwise it pulls it off.

Today my Swarovski cyrstals arrived :)
SS7, SS9 and SS12, by mistake (i made) the SS9 is Xilion Rose, the others are Xilion Rose Enhanced....
If there is a difference, i cannot say it's a big one :cool:
I will give myself a Swarovski pedicure one of these days :idea:

They'll look fab on toes, I have some of the larger sizes going to ss20 and great for centre of designs :)

I've been looking at glitter.

The CND ones (irresistible glitter) say they are .002 in size which I'm guessing is very very fine.

Are the Martha Stewart glitters just as fine?

I'm looking for a glitter that is almost as fine as a powder. I bought a Stripe & Sparkle by Andrea Fulerton from superdrug and the glitter that came with that was so fine it's what I'm looking for but you only get a baby tiny amount for what you pay.

Latest posts

Back