GoGel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoebe

Reaction score
Did anyone else come across that new gel at Gmex? I was a little confused with all the names but the gel was fantastic. I have struggled with the clarity of Bio Sculpture for a while and was seriously considering trying Calgel until I saw GoGel. All the same qualities as Bio and Calgel but so much cheaper and the clarity is amazing. I bought a kit and have tried it on a select number of clients who have all been stunned with the colour or noncolour as the case is. For any of you loosing faith in Bio or calgel, give it a go. Would be interested to hear what anyone else thinks.

What are the benefits of it?

Is it soak off or buff off?

Who distributes it?

Where can we see details of it?

Thanks x

Did anyone else come across that new gel at Gmex? I was a little confused with all the names but the gel was fantastic. I have struggled with the clarity of Bio Sculpture for a while and was seriously considering trying Calgel until I saw GoGel. All the same qualities as Bio and Calgel but so much cheaper and the clarity is amazing. I bought a kit and have tried it on a select number of clients who have all been stunned with the colour or noncolour as the case is. For any of you loosing faith in Bio or calgel, give it a go. Would be interested to hear what anyone else thinks.

Just looked for this on the internet as I wasn't at G-mex, hasn't even got a website?! That sounds like a fantastic company to me.......:rolleyes:

didnt go to gmex and never heard of it.

If it was anything worth raving about im sure my old mate bagpuss would have told me about it though (being a top gel gal:green:)

Hi
Go Gel is a soak off gel and has all the benefits of Bio and Calgel but is crystal clear and doesn't yellow after curing. It is distributed from manchester. You can call 01612791559and get an info pack.
Let me know what you think.

If you bought a kit at Gmex (last weekend) how do you know that it won't yellow over time?

I bought the clear and the sculpt white at Gmex. and I have 2 nails with calgel on and one with Go Gel on and after my hand had been in the lamp (i was infilling the calgel ones and adding white for french as a quick tidy up) the Go Gel was still perfect yet the calgel yellowed. They are all still on and there is no sign of lift it has been a few days and I can still see the diffence in the clarity. Go Gel clear is great.

Go_Gel clear is a 2min cure Calgel Clear is a 30sec cure

Go-Gel sculpt white is far to thin but is a lovely white and cures in 2 min
the clear is ok as it stays put.

I find the Go Gel to be a bit stronger than Calgel doesn't flex as much and I like that. Have not tried to soak off yet tho. Prob takes longer.

I am hooked on the clear but not at all impressed with the colours (too runny) so Calgel is still my fav. colour gel.

If I had a client who wanted French I would sculpt in Go Gel as it is non yellowing but in they want a colour I would sculpt in Calgel its quicker.

the company said it was thier first exhibition so if you have not heard of it that is why. The will be at Excel and will have stock to sell there (so I was told at the stand) they are in the process of making a website. but you can see the South African one nailsforu - simply beautiful nails HTH's

There isnt much info on the south african site.

Might give them a ring and find out a bit more info.

another gel launched from South Africa .....yawn. This is such a tired story when you are a more experienced technician, it will end up in the local Womans Weekly ( a paid advertisement) then we will have to combat all the crap they profess to the gullible and innocent walking through the door convinced this is the Messiah of all products.

another gel launched from South Africa .....yawn. This is such a tired story when you are a more experienced technician, it will end up in the local Womans Weekly ( a paid advertisement) then we will have to combat all the crap they profess to the gullible and innocent walking through the door convinced this is the Messiah of all products.

Are you talking about clients here or new techs?

I dont think you should be so cynical about the new go gel. Dont knock it unless you give it a go. All technicians should be willing to embrace new products that help move our industry forward. Read the above reviews. I have been using this for weeks and I find it fantastic. Name me one gel that doesnt yellow? This is certainly one that doesnt. Look at the benefits
it is very cost effective. Very easy to learn. One component (no builder gel) and infills are a dream. It is a soak off gel. More importantly the results are great the nails stay really strong. They have another product called flexi gel comes in a varnish type bottle which is great for manicures,

There are 3 training centres in Manchester, Chester and Wakefield. I know that starter kits from the show are available pm me if anyone wants more information.

Well my Go-Gel nail is still on with no sign of lift and is a clear as it was when it first went on! I love it. I love the price too! I dont care where it is from it can be from the moon but I still like it! I can say I like it cos I've tried it!

I don't mean to put a downer on this but to road-test a product properly you need to be wearing it for at least 2 months worth of rebalances before you can say it doesn't yellow or lift etc, only after a few rebalances will you truly know how good it is :wink2:

I will keep it on as long as I can and let you know if it yellows, lifts or falls off in my bed over night lol.:)

If it doesn't yellow, it doesn't sound like a soak off gel. It sounds like a buff off. Will be interesting to see how it soaks off...

Hi just to answer the above question it is a soak off gel and the clarity is fab and long lasting. Had no yellowing with my clients and on my own nails. Distribution and training is in Manchester, Chester and Wakefield. Conversion courses are available in salons.

You can get starter kits or you can purchase a 10g pot of clear gel (for sculpting or tips) and ultra cleanse nail prep just to give it a try. The product was lauched a GMEX with more national exposure to follow. It is definately worth looking into.

Let me know if anyone needs more informtion.

I see you are an NSI tech; have you tried NSI's Balance gel system? It is fab. (only buff off though).

Latest posts

Back