Going to make a success in Hastings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Hi all.

As some of you know I have been travelling back to London every week to do my old clients nails. Well the time has come for me to give Hastings 100% of my time.

My home salon was finished around 2 weeks ago and I have had 5 new clients so far (without advertising). Anyway, I am now on Yell.com and Thomson Local and am waiting for 1,000 postcoards from vistaprint to arrive and then I will be delivering them in my local area.

I have been offered a freelance job in a new beauty salon that was supposed to open a couple of months ago, but there have been problems with lease and opening date is now Late December!!!

Money is getting tight and I have decided to try and get a bit of part time temp. secretarial work down here to keep me going until either my home business takes off or I get a call from the new salon owner saying she has a definite opening date.

I will be sorry to say goodbye to my London clients, some of them have become good friends and they have been with me for a few years.

Also one of my neighbours belongs to a networking group, she is a carpet cleaner and she goes to these meetings once a week, where every existing business brings along a friend and then they have 1 minute to introduce themselves, tell what they do and hand out cards and she has invited me for a breakfast meeting next week. She is picking me up at 6.30a.m. in the morning. I will have 60 seconds to sell myself. Never spoken in front of lots of people before, yiiiiiiiikkkkkkes.

I can remember 18 months ago I left a salon to go it alone and it took me ages to actually have the guts to do it and it was the best thing I ever did. Hope I get lots of new clients down here eventually, but in the meantime I am signing on at a few employment agencies for temp. work.
It feels like the right decision not to be pulled in two directions.

Hope it all works out for you hunni:hug:

Sooner or later you would have to give up London cos once you do take off you wont be able to afford to lose such valuable time travelling.
You could always ask them to travel to you if they want to stay with you.

Good luck with the meeting hun, make sure your nails are done and that should get you new clients.

Good Luck! You sound determined enough to make it work out for you xx

Good luck to you in your new venture whatever way you decide to go.
I am sure your London clients will be very sorry to lose you but then again they may follow you.

good luck with your new business, hope it works out well for you x

Hope it all works out for you.

Dont let temp work take over your nails work though - it is very easy to do when the temping is bringing your wage in, but dont forget your ultimate goal.

i hope everything works out for you hunny:hug:

The word will get around about you being such a good tech I am sure you will be very busy very soon.
good luck
xxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back