Going to police over vouchers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me have a sneaky feeling the owner may have tried to palm her of on someone else after she'd had your praises sung to her by the client who bought the voucher................ Just a thought.............
Anyway I'm so pleased for you, as already said, this may be a way forward for you, good luck hun:hug:

oh am glad it sorted itself out hun , like you say it might be the salon owner stirring !!
xxx

What is the value of these vouchers? as this will play a part in how far this goes. also, how many pounds worth of vouchers have you sold that you have not provided treatment for. You'll never be in trouble, as longs as you show due diligence, which is basically common sense and fairness.

just thought i'd let you know legally speaking this is definately a civil matter.

Hence, the police cannot and should enter into such a situation. in my personal opinion, i'm NOT a solicitor btw, any solicitor would tell you exactly the same thing. this can't be classified as theft, as the lady gave you her money for a service that you are willing & able to provide. it's just the terms of the sale have changed as you have simply relocated through circumstances beyond your control. as with any business, if you relocate. it would be reasonable to expect the client to travel so they can redeem the credit they have with you. HOWEVER, it would also be fair for the client to have their money back from you if you were more than a reasonable distance away.

you are offering to honour the voucher, simply at another location, so i think it's reasonable , as long as it's within a couple of miles of the place at which you were based when you sold her the voucher. I assume you took the funds from the sale of the voucher.

IMHO i would lose no sleep over this whatsoever. Just make a rpt to the police if the salon owner gets threatening (constant phonecalls are in fact harrassment in terms of the law) & get a CAD number.

Last edited:
glad it worked out . if this happens again and the salon owner wont give you the contact details go to the police it may be harassment. Also , if any vouchers went into the business ,which in effect has closed due to lack of funds or bankrupcy , im not sure but i think you dont have to honour them ( of course it would be nice to) look at woolies ,adams,zivvi etc

I know what its like when things happen like this and its very frustrating, you say that you dont have the money But you should have it was not yours ... sorry..... when I sell a voucher I do not bank the money until the voucher is returned or it is past its date to prevent these kinda situations the money is kept in a box with the vouchers and a list of all that have been returned. I think you should give the money back to the client or the salon owner and let her sort it out if only to protect your reputation.
It is a lesson and without them we dont learn to be better at what we do and the buisness side of things - dotting the i,s and crossing the t,s are what make us sucessful its tough out there. Good luck and try not to let it eat away at you too much , as for the police it is a civil matter and I am pretty sure they will not be interested x

oh just read the replys excellent it worked out ... maybe you could use the voucher box system in future xx

hi ladies just done my client who had the voucher,she was so nice.
she also told me some things like when she had gone to the shop she had in fact given the salon her number i just dont understand why the hairdresser didn't give me it.

she also said she had not mentioned the police and just wanted her treatment, and was in fact off to the salon today and was going to ave a word with her

she loved her nails and has booked back in with me in my house! and said she would definatley spread the word. :green:

hi ladies just done my client who had the voucher,she was so nice.
she also told me some things like when she had gone to the shop she had in fact given the salon her number i just dont understand why the hairdresser didn't give me it.

she also said she had not mentioned the police and just wanted her treatment, and was in fact off to the salon today and was going to ave a word with her

she loved her nails and has booked back in with me in my house! and said she would definatley spread the word. :green:

Well done you!!!:hug:
I'm so glad it worked out for you and you've got yourself a new regular client.

Bloomin cheek about the hairdresser though. She definately has a game plan me thinks.:evil:

Glad to hear it went well.
In your shoes, I'd also let the hairdresser know the truth of things and put her straight that any further harassment will result in police charges from YOU.
What nerve!
Getting you all stressed out and what not!

:hug:

Oh love,

I am so happy to read that this has worked out in the end. All that stress & time spent on being worried!

Phew.

x

Latest posts

Back