Going to police over vouchers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehe sorry i was just being bold.. its the vodka and soda.

i wouldn't really behave like that either, but some days, don't ya just feel like burying your head would be the best solution, especially under a duvet

anyway forgive me

Everyone has said the right thing about speaking to the salon, however the police won't get involved in this as it is a civil matter and they run faster than linford christie when it comes to civil matters - don't want to mess those crime figures up boys.

I really feel for you here Carla. your situation has gone from bad (leaving the salon) to worse (voucher situation).

There really are some valuable lessons for the future to be learned here.

Always keep a record of who has bought vouchers from you. Also if possible keep the voucher money seperate from your takings and put it through your books when the voucher is redeemed.

Surely if you were self employed within this Salon you had your own Client Record Cards and could conact this client and any others who bough vouchers from the information on them?

I also doubt the police will get involved as this is a Civil matter, as you entered into a contract with this client when she bought the voucher. The contract being that YOU would provide beauty serives to the value of the purchased voucher.

You are the one who has failed to fulill the contract, and therefore are liable to refund the client.
I am sorry but you will have to find the money from somewhere to refund anyone who has bought vouchers, in good faith from you, before you were told to leave the Salon. You should also talk to the Salon owner re her refunding the 25%.

If you don't your reputation will be ruined, and you could end up with legal costs fighting an action in a small claims court, not to mention adverse publicity about it if it gets that far. So stumping up now will be cheaper in the long run.

I am sorry to paint such a bleak picture about this, but if you get it dealt with quickly and move on the better for everyone involved.

Sticking your head in the sand is NOT AN OPTION!!!

Why dont you just get the clients nimber refund her the money then have nothing to do with them ever again?

OMG please dont ignore the client I cant believe someone said that!! Ring and explain, say you wil do the treatment at yours or go to her at least then you have given an alternative. Get in touch with her as it wont go away.

Carla, I think the simple solution to this would be to arrange to do the treatment at the salon as a one off.

Remember that if the salon owner has taken 25% of the voucher cost, then she owes the lady that amount of money too, so her part of the deal would be that you use the salon at no cost to you. xxx

As Kim says if the salon owner has taken 25% you both need to refund your parts or she needs to let you use her room otherwise she is getting something for nothing, why not call her and offer the two options. Otherwise she needs to give you the clients details so you can refund your part, then she can offer them a treatment to the cost of the remaining 25%.

Good advise here, as normal:hug: I am quiet sure that the only reason the salon owner is giving you grief is because you havn't returned her call, so do it, yes she's (in your mind) an old bag, but, as others have said, she wants this resolved and she's probably regretting how she treated you now that its biting her in the bum. Write down all the things you need to say, so that nerves wont make you forget half of it, even if your knee's are knocking, smile when you phone, its a sales trick, smiling streches the muscles and makes your voice sound lighter and more confident. Then just ask for the ladies phone number, so that you can sort this out and reasure the salon owner that you will call her back when the problem is resolved.
Then call the lady, explain as hippy chick said, that doing the service is not a problem, lack of transport is and ask her if she can come to you, coffee encluded with the treatment. Warm, friendly, sympathetic to her being messed around and reasonable about what you can and can not do. You never know it might turn out that she lives around the corner and geting to you is no problem.
If she is the client from hell, it doesn't matter, you have not refused to perform the treatment, only changed the location, there for you have not broken any law. If the salon owner refuses to give you the phone number then again you have not done anything wrong and infact if this is the case then all you say is, Thats fine, then what day and time am I meeting the client at the salon?
Oh and I would keep the phone message, in the unlikely event that she contiues to snarl down the phone at you, its good to have the evidence of haresment. :hug:

Could you not ring the client and explain the situation? I'm sure it will sound better coming from you as the lady that owns it doesnt seem to be very nice and may be adding to this clients anger.
Good luck hun, i'm sure it will be ok xxx

The sooner you ring the better then it will be a load off your mind. I would be inclined to ring today even if it means leaving an answerphone message as at least that way you will be able to say all you need to without getting into an argument. Make it clear that you really want to help resolve the situation.:hug:

hi everyone just looking for some advice,
i'll just remind you of what's happened before, i rented above a hair salon then after xmas she told me not come back, no notice no niceness.
her issue was my priorities were my children and said i wasn't making her enough money.

WELL she has left me a voice mail about a lady who bought a gift voucher. I then had a second voice mail saying 'YOU BETTER RING ME you need to sort this client she is carrying on with me she doesn't want to come to YOUR house.

I hate speaking to her she is very intimidating and rude.she gets me so down and makes me cry. I have told her i will honor my gift vouchers but they'll have to come to my house, i don't drive and will have my kids here as i'm not working they don't go to nursery.

So the hairdresser has said the client is off to the police as she says i have stolen her money.

im sure this is not true the problem has arisen as she kicked me out of the salon without any notice or chance to let these clients know who have gift vouchers.
i am offering to do these services and have not stolen money as i intended on being in the salon to do the services?

advice welcome thank you

Not read all the threads so sorry if I am repeating anything.

Firstly ring trading standards to check your rights, which I believe are the following....

If you buy gift vouchers or are given gift vouchers you have to use them within the time limit stated, with the shop stated for the amount stated on goods or services as stated on the voucher. Gift vouchers no longer have monetry value (unless your bankrupt, then that voucher holder becomers a creditor of the company) you must state on that voucher that their is no cash value and that the voucher is not exchangeable for cash once purchased.

So long as you offer that client a service for her voucher then as far as the police are concerned they will just laugh at her. After all its not as though you have refused to treat her.

Ring your landlady, what harm can she do talking on the phone, I have been in a very similar situation and its a bit nerve wracking, but you have a problem that has to be sorted.

Ask her for the clients details if you dont already have these. Write that a client a lovely letter to say the vouchers are still valid at your home, as you no longer have premises at the hair salon.

If she refuses then thats her problem NOT YOURS! You have no rights to give her a refund, unless you want to bite the bullet be civil and keep your salons good name. Perhaps offer her 50% back in cash as a good will gesture.

I personally wouldnt but I would weigh up how much name calling she will do and how this will effect your business.

X

who was the voucher sold on behalf of ?
if i was sold on behalf on the salon, let the salon deal with it.
If it was sold on behalf of you, contact the client and organise to do her, then demand the 25% back from the salon owner as you won't be doing the treatment there..........
there are quite a few variables, but you should get in contact with the client about this issue.

If she were to go to the police, the police would ask if she had been in touch with you, she would say "no" and the police would not get involved.

You have not denied her any service, as you have not been in touch with the client.

What is the voucher for and who's stationary is it on ?

I was just thinking you really don't know what the salon owner has said to this client about you and the possibility you can treat her at your home unless you can talk to the client. She may have made it seem like you have just run off with her money and this may be why she wanted to get the police involved.

i agree with most people on here and that you need to contact the salon owner. you said she will have to come to your house to have the treatment but as you have kids of nursery age at home then it's not going to be an ideal situation.
can't you get someone to have your kids and just go to the salon as a one off? I know you said you don't drive but you used to get to the salon before. It would just be a one-off and everyone would benefit.

I rang the hairdresser and asked for the ladies phone number but she said she didn't have it but was seeing her Monday so would see what she wanted to do.

So I looked in my records for the number of who purchased the voucher who i rang and she gave me the number of the client she gave the voucher too.

I then rang this lady who was very nice and seemed more than happy to come to my house, ( i did offer to go to hers as she is close by) so i am wondering my the hairdresser is stirring. so all being well the client is coming to mine saturday.

i'm going to be proffessional and have my living room (unfortunatley no spare rooms) all relaxing and salon like. show the client i have not attepmted to run off with her money

i'm going to be proffessional and have my living room (unfortunatley no spare rooms) all relaxing and salon like. show the client i have not attepmted to run off with her money

Good for you. Who knows.....she may well become a regular mobile client. xxx

awww....good for you hun...defo think there was some stirring up going on there. Like i said before it sounds like the owner may have been rude to her and got her back up...doesnt sound like she had an issue with you at all!
at least it is sorted!!

I'm so glad this has all worked out. I had a feeling you may not have been given the full story! :hug:

Excellent......I am sure it will all go well :hug:

Good for you.:hug: Does make you wonder what the hairdresser is up to though.

Good luck - I hope it all works out for you in the end.

Latest posts

Back