Goodbye

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rapunzelxx

Reaction score
After having a completely innocent thread closed I have decided that Salon Geek is no longer the place for me! (this isn't directed at the mod who closed it, I can see why it's been done)
I would like to thank the majority of very professional and genuinely lovely people on here for their advice and tips and wish them well in their career.
To the rest, the trouble causers, pickers and argumentative little girls..I just can't be bothered sifting through the bitchiness to get to the relevant answers to posts.

Hi, don't go I'm fairly new on here too & already I know who to avoid & roll my eyes at offline, hehe, it comes in waves, the egos crash & burn! I dont post but reply if I think I can help anyone, there are loads of lovely people on here, please don't take offence when I say just roll with it & ignore negativity x

Sorry you feel like that , but yes in some ways i agree

Last edited:
I agree with Pinkprincess. Personally I have learnt so much from Salon Geek, there are truly some wonderful giving people on this site. In all walks of life we come across immaturity, just gotta rise above the negativity as in due course these people will disappear.

Rapunzel dont go :sad: I know how you feel, Iv virtually stopped answering threads now aswell but still lurking in the background for anyone who needs me lol - dont go, stick with us, if all the oldies go there will be no support left, we need experienced geeks here :hug:

Hi. I've had my acc for 4 years and have mostly lurked in background until recently. I've been mentally skimming back over my posts in case i've upset someone lol, hope not. It won't have been intentional anyway.

Anyway, don't go, its always sad when people just vanish and experience is invaluable on a site like this.

As Shakespeares Sister once sang "staaa-a-aaa-ay" ;-) x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I am an 'old' geek :wink2: and over the years I have learned to stay away from some threads because you can just see that they are going to go belly up. Sometimes we all have face the temptation and ability to get gobby and voice our strong opinions in defence of what we feel. Yes... I've been there and done that too.

The thing is to walk away from it and whilst I don't mean this selfishly... rather use Salon Geek to learn what you can to help you and this way you find yourself giving back constructively and helpfully.

It's best not to post when feeling angry or hurt or insulted. Walk away, have a think and then try to post constructively. If you feel it neccessary, then use the red report button above posts on the right. Sometime it takes a while for a response from a mod (they are not on here 24/7) but they will look into it for you.

The best advice somebody gave me one day was to 'pick which battles to fight' as honestly, most are not worth it.

Ultimately Salon Geek is here to help and further your knowledge and skill and although there is the social side to it, is it really worth getting enbroiled in conversations about breast feeding dolls?

Don't be tempted to loose out on what is such a great site full of experience and expertise. So much of what I know I learned here. Chin up x

Awwww hunny, please don't go!!!!

Don't let a small selection of people make you want to leave. Just block that rubbish out. I haven't been here very long to see where your coming from, as when I joined it did seam abit hostile. But because there is loads of valuable information I have slugged it out, and taken no notice or part in any arguements on here. There are loads of lovely ladies and gents here, that will support you and make you feel welcome.

No-one can make you stay, but I do feel you should slug it out ((((hugs))) sending healing and protective light your way. xx

I totally understand where you are coming from. Some people on here seem to have an agenda, and it ain't caring and sharing.
Am back to being a bit of a lurker myself, rather than active. Responded to a hair post at the weekend, and got jumped on.
I just wish we had a proper hair forum, without every man and his dog voicing an opinion on hair matters. It is normally the non hair pro's that shout the loudest.

I had a bit of a bad experience on here a couple of weeks ago, so am staying off it all.

I totally understand where you are coming from. Some people on here seem to have an agenda, and it ain't caring and sharing.
Am back to being a bit of a lurker myself, rather than active. Responded to a hair post at the weekend, and got jumped on.
I just wish we had a proper hair forum, without every man and his dog voicing an opinion on hair matters. It is normally the non hair pro's that shout the loudest.

I had a bit of a bad experience on here a couple of weeks ago, so am staying off it all.

Well that's just c**p because you always give great advice! Dont lurk or the lunatics will take over the asylum! ;) x

I am sorry you feel this way and I apologise if I had any part in it.

As we say time and time again, the site is what you guys make it. If you are put off by the silly little girls who think they are bigger than their boots then what are we left with - those silly girls. Do you really want to subject us to that, please no LOL!

This is a learning and teaching site as well as a community site. For some reason we even have to teach people morals and respect which they dont seem to have learned as they were growing up.

I do wish people would read their posts before hitting the send button and then if they can say hand on heart that they have done a good job then they can hit send. If we all do that then we can see the people who we need to give a bit of extra tuition to LOL.

To Dawn, I am glad to see you back and I dont know what we need to do to get non hair pros to stop posting their tuppence worth in the hair forum. The nail geeks would be up in arms if non nail geeks did what they do in the hair forum.

To all non hair geeks - please stop posting in the hair forum!

If you are put off by the silly little girls who think they are bigger than their boots then what are we left with - those silly girls. Do you really want to subject us to that, please no LOL!

!

Totally agree with this and that is why I stick around whne we go through these phases!
Report the posts you find offensive, POST MORE yourself and then things will become more constructive and friendly I am sure :hug:

I think it's normal that people laugh together, argue, bitch, cry, fight and forgive. Nothing different in this forum than in a real life.

We're all individuals and personalities sometimes clash. People here don't gang up on each other just share their views the way they can or are used to. This is a forum for very passionate people and where the passion is the strong feelings are.

Like in a real life here you can choose who to talk to and who to ignore.

I don't judge your decision as you seem to be disappointed but maybe you could reconsider xxx

i think it's normal that people laugh together, argue, bitch, cry, fight and forgive. Nothing different in this forum than in a real life.

We're all individuals and personalities sometimes clash. People here don't gang up on each other just share their views the way they can or are used to. This is a forum for very passionate people and where the passion is the strong feelings are.

Like in a real life here you can choose who to talk to and who to ignore.

I don't judge your decision as you seem to be disappointed but maybe you could reconsider xxx

very well said!

Hi. I've had my acc for 4 years and have mostly lurked in background until recently. I've been mentally skimming back over my posts in case i've upset someone lol, hope not. It won't have been intentional anyway.

Anyway, don't go, its always sad when people just vanish and experience is invaluable on a site like this.

As Shakespeares Sister once sang "staaa-a-aaa-ay" ;-) x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I keep checking my past posts too, I have seen a fair few similar posts made 'I'm unhappy with salon geek' kind of thing and I wonder if I have caused offence. Often they are aimed at the new geeks which I am(and have to say I have had some incredible advice of new and old geeks), but at the end of the day, I like to write, I like to have discussions, I love to learn, and I hope I come across as respectful.
I'm not sure these sorts of threads are the most positive as everyone seems to get paranoid. In total honesty, I have seen some threads with disagreements, some with good arguments (meaning I appreciate both sides of the argument, not that the scratch marks look deep :D) but I have to say I lurk around the biz (and like a chit chat) as that's the forum that made me register with googling business questions and finding the answers here.
Persianista, you actually put ALOT of constructive advice into many of the threads pre-joining, so I hope you do share your knowledge once again.

All I can say is from my own perspective, if I do offend, Please, please PM me, and just let me know, because I don't know as much as some about the industry but I try to help where I can, and with soooooo many of these threads cropping up I worry I have upset but if I have I just don't know how. I'm one of those people who needs to be told outright I'm afraid.

And I won't get offended. :D

Rapunzelxx I think you should give it another chance. You have been in many of the threads, either asking or replying.

If we're singing songs 'please don't go, don't gooooooooooo, don't go away...'

Rapunzel, I'm a relative newbie to this site though I've been in the industry for a while. You stand out in my mind and I'd certainly hate to lose you. I know the type of individual you're talking about, we all do, and they most assuredly won't be posting on this thread. When I see threads heading in "that" direction, I check out. I'm gone. I will not participate in a bitch-fest. But as one of our more seasoned geeks suggested, that's what the red button is for...I should have used it. If we want to make this site a better place, we should use the red button and not participate in the immaturity and bitter ramblings of children and those who are child-like. I, for one, want the knowledge and the sharing of information from TRUE PROFESSIONALS. If we are diligent and use the red button and alert the mods, maybe we can weed out the non-professional among us.

I have a mantra in my life.

"Deaf to bull**it, blind to fake s**t. Stop wasting your time on people who don’t deserve to be an issue in your life."

With that said, please stay Rapunzel.

Rapunzel, I'm a relative newbie to this site though I've been in the industry for a while. You stand out in my mind and I'd certainly hate to lose you. I know the type of individual you're talking about, we all do, and they most assuredly won't be posting on this thread. When I see threads heading in "that" direction, I check out. I'm gone. I will not participate in a bitch-fest. But as one of our more seasoned geeks suggested, that's what the red button is for...I should have used it. If we want to make this site a better place, we should use the red button and not participate in the immaturity and bitter ramblings of children and those who are child-like. I, for one, want the knowledge and the sharing of information from TRUE PROFESSIONALS. If we are diligent and use the red button and alert the mods, maybe we can weed out the non-professional among us.

I have a mantra in my life.

"Deaf to bull**it, blind to fake s**t. Stop wasting your time on people who don’t deserve to be an issue in your life."

With that said, please stay Rapunzel.

I couldn't of said it better myself.

Love your mantra btw :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I am an 'old' geek :wink2: and over the years I have learned to stay away from some threads because you can just see that they are going to go belly up. Sometimes we all have face the temptation and ability to get gobby and voice our strong opinions in defence of what we feel. Yes... I've been there and done that too.

The thing is to walk away from it and whilst I don't mean this selfishly... rather use Salon Geek to learn what you can to help you and this way you find yourself giving back constructively and helpfully.

It's best not to post when feeling angry or hurt or insulted. Walk away, have a think and then try to post constructively. If you feel it neccessary, then use the red report button above posts on the right. Sometime it takes a while for a response from a mod (they are not on here 24/7) but they will look into it for you.

The best advice somebody gave me one day was to 'pick which battles to fight' as honestly, most are not worth it.

Ultimately Salon Geek is here to help and further your knowledge and skill and although there is the social side to it, is it really worth getting enbroiled in conversations about breast feeding dolls?

Don't be tempted to loose out on what is such a great site full of experience and expertise. So much of what I know I learned here. Chin up x

Great advice x

I know I've already commented. But I wanted to say hunny. See you do have nice genuine people that value your imput on the forum. Don't let the catty ones push you away from the forum.

Very nicely put Gr8nailz.

That's a real shame. Although understand I have been on the end of some real unpleasant stuff that puts you off participating.

Latest posts

Back