Green tea

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another great food to eat is sunflower seeds. Sunflower seeds are an excellent source of vitamin E, the body's primary fat-soluble antioxidant. Vitamin E travels throughout the body neutralizing free radicals that would otherwise damage fat-containing structures and molecules, such as cell membranes, brain cells, and cholesterol. Click link for more info.

WHFoods: Sunflower seeds

A bit more palatable than green tea too!!

Also try pumkin seeds - not tasted these so not sure what they are like

WHFoods: Pumpkin seeds

HTH

Rachel

Hey, better be careful here girls....a friend of mine had heard that eating Pumpkin seeds encouraged fertility and within a fortnight of buying and eating them every day she was pregnant. So then she bought me a packet....and guess what, 2 weeks later, so was I!

Don't say I didn't warn you!

Well in that case Lindsay,i am leaving well alone !!!!!!!!!

I drink green tea now and I thought it was revolting when I first tried it. Try the twinings pineapple and grapefruit ones or there is white tea which is a bit sweeter and supposedly has properties in it which help to prevent cancer. White tea with vanilla is nice....

HTH

I think Green Tea is a bit of an acquired taste. I really like it. I normally buy Green Tea with another flavour like Green Tea with Jasmine, or Aloa Vera. Green Tea with Orange and Lotus Flower is lovely too.

I've got into drinking green tea with orange and lotus flower, and another one I like is green tea with cranberry. The added flavours give it a nicer taste and as they are natural ingredients as well, must be doing me some good as well!

Just one more quick question :lol:

Does it defeat the whole object if i put in three sugars to make it more palatable ? ............. and yes i am serious :lol:

Try honey instead of sugar?

Just one more quick question :lol:

Does it defeat the whole object if i put in three sugars to make it more palatable ? ............. and yes i am serious :lol:

:smack: Yes! Well not the whole object, but taking sugar in this way isn't the best!

I hated green tea when I first tried it ages ago, but I am here at the minute drinking four cups of Green Tea with Aloe Vera (Clipper Organic, yum!) which have been steeped for half an hour and I am now squeezing the teabags to ensure every last little antioxidant droplet is out :lol:

You will get used to it.... without sugar I tells ya, without!

Spoil sport :wink2: x

Becki I am with you on this one I have tried every combo going but I still hate the taste I think a tablet form will be much easier for me to take :)

Becki..... can i please ask....? what brand of green tea did you buy...???

The reason i ask.. is cos ive noticed that many of the green tea that is now available in supermarkets does taste foul....

The green tea that the chinese and the japanese drink however seems to have a very different taste.. ive seen green tea with blackcuarrant and strawberry and lemon etc.... and i find it very strange.... cos back in south east asia.. no one will drink tea with these flavours... there will be no market for it....

green tea should be drank pure with just hot water added... nothing else should be added.. no honey.. no sugar.... sometimes the orientals will add flowers into the tea.. jasmine.. chrysanthemum.. etc.. the flowers release a light aroma which complements the green tea...

green tea taste lovely and refreshing.. dont let the funny tasting brands on the market put you off...!!

dont end up like many people out there who are afraid of wearing nail ehancements cos they have had bad first experience...

I bought Tetleys ,it really tastes awfull,but i did quite enjoy it with the sugar added lol x

I bought Tetleys ,it really tastes awfull,but i did quite enjoy it with the sugar added lol x

do you have a whittard tea shop around you...??

I have tried many of the green teas on the market and the closest to ethnic green tea i can find is the green tea they sell in whittard.. choose the loose leafs variety as suppose to tea bags...

and i recommend you to try the 'jasmine (green) tea'... as this particular tea has a light fragrance to it and out of all the green teas... this one is known to appeal widely to western people...

one more thing... dont add sugar or honey in....!! it ruins the concept of green tea... :D

all i can say on green tea is....YUCK!!!

my mate swears by it and im sure it does you good..but theres no way i can drink it..even when ive got it in my mouth i cannot swallow it..lol xx

good on you becki for going back for more..lol:lol:

Latest posts

Back