Ha ha, I have found the trick to doing a decent mani/pedi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becky30

Reaction score
Buy a propper nail polish.

I have been using normal polish you can get in boots and although my mani/pedi's have not been bad, they have not been great either.

got some decent polish from the wholesaler yesturday and what a difference, goes on smoother, no streaks in it and looks fab :p

just thought i'd share this

Which polish did you choose?

O.P.I

im sure there are probably better ones out there than this, but i chose this one for now and the difference in applying this one as apose to your normal one is amazing

OPI is my choice of polish, but I mainly do Shellac now.

Plus, if you choose a brand that isn't available on the High Street, you can retail to your clients and make additional profit.

I love opi but also mainly do shellac and minx now xx

OPI is a high end professional product along with CND and China Glaze amongst others.

Welcome to the world of the true professional! :D

I've found Jessica to be the best I've ever used.. Stays on non chip for 6 weeks!!! And its professional only so can easily retail to clients :) Although shellac for the hands.. No question about that!!

Plus, if you choose a brand that isn't available on the High Street, you can retail to your clients and make additional profit.

This is the reason for me choosing a professional brand in the first place and was gonna get a few colours from CND as I too do shellac and Minx also, but there are a few who still just want polish, so being at the wholesaler yesturday, i saw it and bought 1 just to try it, and I was amazed at the difference and ease in applying it, so i went back for 4 more colours today :D

I wonder why you were using boots polish in the first place? lol

I wonder why you were using boots polish in the first place? lol

ahh ha...I hear ya!!! :D

funds and the fact that i thought there really cant be that much difference between a boots purchase and that of a professional brand.
but i assure you I have learned the hard way, and quality counts

I use OPI too and I love it. I tried Attitude first and it just didn't last then I tried OPI and its fab just trying to convert all my polishes to it but I can't do it all at once

Were you also surprised how inexpensive OPI is in Sally (assuming you have a trade card!) Probably less than polishes in Boots.:D

Good for you. If you had a little range of a few polishes so that clients can touch up in between manis, some decent files, and most importantly a decent cuticle oil, which you praise and preach that they use, you'll be able to make a decent retail income, which is, in effect, profit you haven't had to work for.

Were you also surprised how inexpensive OPI is in Sally (assuming you have a trade card!) Probably less than polishes in Boots.:D

I have an Allen Howard trade card, its the most local to me and yeah really not THAT much difference in price but a dramatic difference in quality

Good for you. If you had a little range of a few polishes so that clients can touch up in between manis, some decent files, and most importantly a decent cuticle oil, which you praise and preach that they use, you'll be able to make a decent retail income, which is, in effect, profit you haven't had to work for.

thankyou

Love your avatar by the way!

Buy a propper nail polish.

I have been using normal polish you can get in boots and although my mani/pedi's have not been bad, they have not been great either.

got some decent polish from the wholesaler yesturday and what a difference, goes on smoother, no streaks in it and looks fab :p

just thought i'd share this

Sorry to burst the bubble but the trick to doing a proper mani/pedi is skill and education!!! Nothing to do with the polish! There are good polishes in both the pro sector and retail sector but a mani/pedi is so much more than the polish!!??

A good technician can make ANY polish work well. It's just that professionals prefer to use pro only brands.

Being a nail technician and using polishes from Boots is not clever! What else can you offer to make it worth a client spending money for your professional services?

Sorry to burst the bubble but the trick to doing a proper mani/pedi is skill and education!!! Nothing to do with the polish! There are good polishes in both the pro sector and retail sector but a mani/pedi is so much more than the polish!!??

A good technician can make ANY polish work well. It's just that professionals prefer to use pro only brands.

Being a nail technician and using polishes from Boots is not clever! What else can you offer to make it worth a client spending money for your professional services?

I have to agree with Mum. Before I could never get my manicures to last no matter which polish I used until I learnt properly and now my polish lasts as my nail plate has been properly prepared x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

OPI for me too!

Latest posts

Back