Happy St David's Day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
Hello Welshies!

I've gone round the house and pinched and punched everyone for 1st day of the month and insisted that everyone talk in a Welsh accent for the rest of the day.

got to dig out my little daffodil brooch that I wear every year and hang up my welsh banner that my sister embroidered for me of a welsh lady.

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Dedwydd! - Happy St Davids Day!

At least it's a nice day for it

There is live music and street entertainment going on in Cardiff today, and we will be heading down to Cardiff Bay this afternoon to see the parades and all the market stalls giving away welsh cakes and daffodils!

xxx

HAPPY ST DAVIDS DAY FROM A FELLOW WELSH GEEK :hug:

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Dewydd
xxxx:hug:xxxx

What traditions do you adhere too? What did you used to do at school?

When I was in primary, some girls would dress up in full clobber, some just hats and shawls. alas, my mum would never get me the get up so I used to have to make do with a daffodil pinned to my chest (literally some years!).
The boys used to have leeks pinned to there tops and in assembly you would have a faint whiff of onions about the place and their was always a few boys that would start munching on them halfway through the day.

Happy st david's day

Yes our school was the same the girls all dresses as welsh ladies with very fetching bonnets and the boys wearing their rugby shirts with leeks attached,

There was always Cawl for dinner and welsh cakes for afters.

Im up north now and my daughter was born up here but I still manage to get her to dress up in all the gear just for a photo for my family back in wales.

Wish I was at cardiff today would be sooo much fun x

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What is St.David's day and what is 'clobber'???????

sorry victoria.

clobber is just slang for clothes.
Traditional Welsh clothes was a very scratchy heavy skirt, a white blouse, a shawl and a black hat with lace around it.
My sister lived in Llanover for a while and Lady Llanover made her tenants wear traditional clothes on her estate.

St David is the Patron Saint of Wales.

Happy St David's Day from a half welsh geek:):):) (welsh mum)

Trying to make some welsh cakes here.....but they keep getting gobbled up........

Latest posts

Back