Has anyone seen these in the uk?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im waiting for a response.
Last week, I was told they could provide training with at least 3 manicurist in my salon.
They were possibly going to be in Long Beach at ISSE this past weekend?
(Minx last for weeks.) apparently only trained professionals will be able to use/purchase their product.

hi all,
i just had an email from the lady in charge of pr of minx....i have inserted it below.... will be interesting to see next months scratch then eh?

just thought i would update you all
xx

Dear Sian,

Hello! I hope this note finds you well! I just wanted to let you know that Minx will be featured on the cover of Scratch magazine's April issue, and if you visit the MinxNails.com web site, you can now purchase a training kit which includes an online training video.

Very best regards,

Janice Miller

They are indeed in scratch this month.So anyone tried them yet.

They are indeed in scratch this month.So anyone tried them yet.

Apparently Beyonce has lol:lol:

Quite a good feature I thought.
I was in a rush reading it though....and I don't recall seeing anything about how Minx are removed from the nail, would you really just peel it off?

I dont think you can get them here as yet.....they are planning a launch from what i have been told....there are going to be some demos at olympia so will be interesting to see. I think they say that they need to be professionally removed....but i dont know how or with what. Hopefully there will be some freebie samples at the show...LOL!!!

Right having read all the replies I have questions lol
What exactly in our terms are they ?
How are they applied?
Is it just foil but in the shape of a nail?

Can I see a close up picture of one :)

Ok so its a shaped film that is applied like foil quick and easy but not sure they would last long. Thank Sian xx

well im not convinced either , would have to see them close up and try them to see how they really lasted,

cant see how theyd be easy to apply without bumps etc and dont understand how they fit your clients nails, you must need to trim them or something to fit each nail? but then what about those weird ones with the pics on (sorry but that scratch article with the babies faces on each nail made me laugh) how could you apply these without losing some of the photo, if you had to cut them to size? im confused

xx

I've got my scratch this month and saw Beyonce on there too.

I have to say, i thought the babies faces on the nails was kinda creepy. I love my daughter but wouldn't do that personally.

I reckon you would have to have these sort of things printed. It sounds like loads of faffing about.

I was looking at some of the designs and noticed that a lot of their categories are empty. i also noticed they need to learn how to spell! if i was going to shell out that much for a website, id be sure to use spell check lol:green:

I recieved my Minx on Tuesday. I applied the clear Minx over my extensions which I have polished. Very easy to apply. Although under normal circumstances I would get up to 2 weeks out of my polish over acrylic - this week has not been normal with lots of gardening (weeding, digging, planting) and decorating out of working hours. I am pleased to report that I have not one chip or dent on my nails and they look brand new and fresh. Now I must point out that I do not know if it is advisable to put Minx over polish, I have just been experimenting. It seems to be very durable, although it is early days yet and I am more interested in seeing what they are like in 2 weeks.

I looked at where they are offered on their website. There is a salon near me that does them. I think I will call and see if I can get a set of these applied this week. Sounds interesting but I'm sceptical too.

I saw this thread today and I realize it has been a while but, after reading the site about Minx, it seems that they may be a bit more than just peel and stick. I saw a "heat Lamp" used for applying them, and ,I'm sure,for removing them as well. And since there is on-line training, I bet there is a "prep" involved too. So this may be the answer to why you don't lose the pattern or picture. (kinda like shrinky-dinks remember them?) What concerns me is the cost!!! No ordinary client is going to pay this just for basically "long lasting polish". I would be interested to see if they help with strength, or breakage. I know what I can compare them to, do you have those shrink to fit easter egg sleeves in the UK? Probably something along those lines. Like my signature states, I am not too old to learn new tricks but, I am a bit skeptical. I am still waiting for my popits, and am interested in inverted moulds as well. There will be new things in the future that are superior to the "old reliables". You guys seem to have perfected the Popits, and they are new! I will be excited if they are all they seem cracked up to be. I guess this is just one of those wait and see situations. I think a bit too expensive though.

Hurrah! At last I can reply to a nail related post.

I had Minx applied a couple of weeks ago and I've got to say that they still look as perfect today as they did then. No chips, no edges peeling, nothing. I'm really impressed. Especially when I have my hands in oil, wax and water all day, every day. I had the clear Minx but I saw Zoe Pocock's toes with the gold ones (gorgeous) and she'd had them on for 3 weeks and again, perfect. xxx

Wow.....at last someone who has actually used them!!!!!! Thanks kim for replying. I know of a few others that are trying them out.....i think i might just get the training pack after all just to see for my self.
lol
xx

I have bought the training pack but I am unable to use them as I cannot get the training video to download and there are no instructions with the kit.

Minx are endeavouring to try and sort it for me but it is taking a while:irked:

Minx nails was demonstrated at Olympia in May, so they are being introduced to the UK. I wasn't that keen on them, they are far too fiddly for me. Think they would be a great for anyone who does silk or fibreglass. The finish is fab though.

I just ordered a starter set, mainly to create a little buzz here in this small-but-fast growing town before we do our big fashion show this fall. People here will freak when they see flashes of chrome nails here and there. ;)

I will keep you geeks posted on mine as well-

And so far as i have been shown, you need to use heat to apply them properly, you DO need to do a little prep, and heat to remove them- peeling them off in one big piece, and didnt do diddly SQUAT to harm the nail plate. Pretty freaking cool!

This is not something I would offer as run of the mill polish- i am going to charge as much as i do for custom blending once I have the hang of it :)

I will post pics ASAP ;)

And I HAVE the video, if anyone needs or wants to check it out, let me know, I can send it through email as a file :)

xo

Latest posts

Back