Have You Seen A Ghost?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GMS said:
I do nights in a very old Nursing Home which was converted about 25-30 years ago from an old mill, and when your in a building with only 2 other staff, in complete silence and pretty much darkness while everyone else is asleep its pretty eerie to start with, however it must have been about 4 weeks ago now, to start off with myself and a colleague saw the nurse outside staring through the window when she was actually in the office at the other end of the building, and then later on the same night we was all downstairs in the dining room and could hear something above us (a locked store room is above the dining room) so we started walking towards the stairs to see what was up and we heard whoever it was upstairs following us down the corridor, so we ran down the corridor to get to the other end and go up the back stairs and the person (or whatever) upstairs ran along the top landing! We were terrified, luckily there is a couple of police who sometimes pop past and make sure were alright (were all women on nights you see), and they turned up so we got them to search the building top to bottom but nothing was found, however on the next round that we did we found 3 residents (who were incapable of weight bearing across the other side of the room in their bathrooms and they all said the nurse had helped them onto the toilet, etc. ...about 7 months ago a nurse died in the home!:eek:

But we hear all sorts around at nights, thats just the most recent, and i have to say the scariest thing thats happened since iv been there!
This gave me goose bumps....oooh!! Poor lady you would think she would rest now, but she is still helping people from the otherside....that shows a very selfless personality!!

As a rebellious teenager I loved it when the fair came to town - a good excuse to disappear and get me away from home! Favourite ride the Umberellas!
One year - I inherited a Oujia Board, and a couple of friends an I were using it regularly, the day the fair arrived we were using it in a friends house and it kept saying 'do not go', even when we asked 'go where?',one of my friends and 'oh forget it - lets go to the fair' because we could only get the same thing over and over, the glass moved to NO and wouldn't go anywhere else! I got the message and stayed away from the fair that day and for a couple of days after, hadn't take it too seriously up to then, but this seamed to nag at me.

That week, while the fair was in town, the Umberellas collapsed, one person was killed and lots injured! After that had much more respect for this that can't be explained!

A couple of years later, I went to have my palm read, the lady took one look at my hands and refused to give me a readung! at first she wouldn't say why - but I refused to go until she told me, she said that I had been saved once by someone who shouldn't have been able to save me, and that a break in 'my lifeline' (I think) would give an inaccurate reading ad perhaps I should speak to my twin brother - I'm not a twin!

When I had my cards read - another lady apologised to me saying that the cards made no sense and gave me my money back! At the time I was so surpised that I didn't question it, but I went to go back a couple of months later and couldn't find this ladys shop! asked around and no-one new anything about a woman who had done cards!

I have had loads of ghost stories...this got me thinking as I was driving before and I remembered another one.

I was chased by a German Shephard when I was about 7. Me and my friend were playing in an old house's garden (as you do as kids). We were trespassing and had done it as a dare. Anyway, this dog came from what appeared to be a brick wall. It was barking and running for us with teeth bared!! :eek:

Even our friends who were sat on the wall saw it and jumped back to safety...we were stuck in the garden though....Aaarrghh...we legged it into some Rhodedendron bushes in the middle, when I thought about it though...a dog would be able to get in there!! D'oh...We waited for our fate which was surely to be ripped to shreds, but nothing happened. Our friends were shouting us to come back out. Shaking...we ventured back out again and the dog was nowhere to be seen.

The friends who had watched from the other side...said it had just disappeared. I am still sceptical about it...but part of me thinks that the way it was coming at us, it wouldn't have just turned around. Very wierd experience.

Also, when my brother died 3 years ago in April...well, ever since, we have had loads of stuff happen. Too much to go into...I just find it comforting that he is probably watching over me. My mum and I often see a shadow over our shoulder.

I have also seen a ghost and also felt the presence of one.

The first time I saw a ghost was when my husband and I had separated, ooooh bout 6 years ago now. I've allways had this fear of being in a house at night time on my own so I slept with my bedroom door open. Its weird I remember it as if it was yesterday, I was asleep in bed back facing the door then all of a sudden i turned round woke up and saw a figure of a man with a child standing in front of his legs. I blinked several times as you do, but he was still there, then the child seemed to disappear into the wall. FREAKY. I convinced myself it was just a reflection of something in a mirror, but then thought I ain't got no mirrors upstairs so became Even more freaked out. This man then also disappeared.

I slept with the door closed there after. Moved out of the house 6 wks later too.

In the house i lived at before now, both hubby and me were asleep in bed and I woke up to a feeling of being crushed. I shouted to Martin to get off but he was laying next to me, not on top of me which is what this unbelievable crushing feeling felt like. I felt like I was being squashed and had a feeling of chlostrobia. But did not see anything at all. So I don't know if this was a ghost but my mum seems to think it was.

My mum has seen loads of ghosts, She was an officers wife in the army over in Germany and i remember her saying she woke to find an army officer standing next to her bed in full uniform, she woke up her husband and he saw him too. Scary.

I do believe in the paranormal but when I'm confronted with it, omg I'm scared sh**less.

Hiya, this thread is making me feel cold, i don't know how i feel about ghosts and spirits.
About 2 years ago me and my best friend where watching tv and on the news a child had been killed in a accident, my friend and i both said that if anything happened to our kids we would fall to the ground and not be able to get up, we would need to be sedated. Then sadly a month later my friends daughter Shannon (aged 9) was killed in a car accident along with her dad, the car burst into flames and they where trapped. Shannon's dad was a fireman.
There have been a few strange happenings since. A week after the crash i was sitting in the lounge having a ciggy, then went to bed. I lay in bed for a while and couldn't sleep, everytime i closed my eyes i could see Shannon's dad in his firemans uniform, he appeared to be telling me something..i went downstairs and i hadn't put my fag out properly, it had fallen onto the table and was smoldering. I thanked him..i think it was him. so i haven't seen anything but felt things...my friend has also felt things from Shannon...but is it real or just because they are always on our mind. I dunno but if it brings a little peace to her i don't mind either way.

I saw the ghost pic...about the leather settee...spooky or what !!!

xxx

I've never seen one but I've heard one at my singing teachers house. It freaked me out 'cause it whistled all the way up the stairs. AND NO ONE WAS UP THERE!!:Scared: :Scared: :Scared:

Just a quick thought...is deja-vu some how related to paranormal intervention?? i dont get it very often but when i do it freaks me out a bit! When i get it its normally about me going somewhere that iv not been before, for example a while ago when id just started dating somebody (he lived down south) i had this really wierd dream about him, but in the dream i had gone down to his house and stayed for the weekend..i spoke to him the next day and was telling him about my dream and i described his house - decorations where the rooms in the house was, ie leading from what to where, where his pictures were and of what, etc. garden, street, neighbours, etc. and id only been seeing him a few weeks, id never even so much as been to the town where he lived! Wierd huh...whenever i get dejavu though its always something like this...or iv had it before now about people getting pregnant and names of children, etc...:confused:

hi been lurking in the background for a few months but had to add my piece on this one.
Four years ago shortly after my baby girl died i was awoken at 4am to find a figure of a girl at the end of my bed facing my boyfriend. I thought it was my older daughter so i asked what was the matter and got no reply
icon_question.gif
then i looked again and realised it wasn't my daughter. it was really strange because i recognised the person but the clothes and the hair wern't right. Being a bit freaked out i hid under the covers and went back to sleep
icon_eek.gif
. The strange thing is the next morning we discovered my boyfriend's car had been stolen and all the cd's tapes etc were gone except one tape of the songs we played at my babys funeral and a pair of her socks that we found on the backseat i still believe that to this day it was my little girl trying to warn her dad about his car. Also since then we have had alot of problems with the electric e.g light bulbs blowing when we are talking about her (it's her birthday tomorrow so we have stocked up on candles and light bulbs). sorry it's a bit long I AM A BELIEVER. Karen

OMG how spooky! im sitting here on my own... its middle of the day but im half expecting someone to tap me on the shoulder or something!! lol.

Think I will go out to the shops! :)

I did a ouija board once when I was about 17. At the time I didnt think much of it, thought someone else was pushing it etc but over the course of the next couple of months things started to make sense that it had said! No one else knew what questions we were asking as we had asked them in our head, but the answers were really specific!

My dad and his mates did one once at my grandads work place. My grandad was there too (hes passed away since) someone was telling him that everyone had a guardian angel so he asked the board the name of his? It gave him a french name and a town where the person had lived. They got a map of france and looked for the town but couldnt find it anywhere so didnt think much of it..... when my dad went to school he looked at an enourmous map of france in the french room and sure enough the town was on there, but so tiny that you would never have heard of it!!

My grandad had asked where his brother was and it said 'australia, nottingham, and somewhere else that I cant remember.... he was confused by this as he knew that his brother had emigrated to Australia but didnt know the significance of the other two places? he investigated further and found out that there was another brother that he didnt even know existed who had died and was buried half way between these two places!!

Its definatly freaky but I dont know if I would want to do one again..... heard too many horror stories about things going wrong and never being able to get rid of nasty sprits! best not to dabble i reckon.....

This has made me feel sad/happy just at hte thought that she is there with you......my nana passed away 5 years ago and i miss her so much.

marie111 said:
I saw a man dressed in a black and red uniform (similar to coldstream guards) when I was little at the bottom of the back steps and only found out about 4 month ago that my sister also saw him but we were only 4 or 5 at the time so it wasn't discussed. My sister used to get an old lady visiting her at the bottom of her bed when she was little again 4 or 5, this used to be regular and she was terrified because the lady used to smile and had awful teeth.
I sense my nana a lot which is nice, I've never actually saw her but I know she's there. I spoke to a psychic once asking why she didn't visit me and she replied with "of course she does, she was with you lastnight, did you not smell her?" There had been an unexplained smell that kept appearing and dissapearing as quick (smelly socks) and we used to blame each other never thinking it was her. Anyway from the day she told me that I have never smelt it since, maybes she now knows I know she's here and doesn't feel the need to do this. It's usually when I am by myself that I feel her there, usually when I am walking the dogs through the park, last week I thought of herjust as we were going to walk through a tunnel and a pure white feather dropped infront of me.

well...

my mum used to work in an old persons home and had loads of stories, the one that particularly sticks in my head was when she was just about to finish a shift and went into this one room to make sure the old lady was ok - she was new, and had all her wits about her - and the lady said she was fine, and thanked her for popping in during the night but, said the lady, 'why were you wearing that big, white hat' - well, my mum never wore a hat and hadn't been near that lady's room during the night. Needless to say she was spooked (if you pardon the pun!).
She also used to say you could hear footsteps all the time.

My uncle had just moved into a flat in a new town with his wife and two (at the time) kids. One night, he was woken up by the sound of a motorbike. He looked out the window and saw a man going up to a sharp corner, turning and going back a few hundred yards, and turning, and going back to the corner and so on and so on. He called his wife over to the window and he said he looked real, but there was just something about him. He found out the next day when talking to his neighbours that a man had been killed there a few weeks before my uncle moved in.

I haven't actually seen anything, except out of the corner of my eye (apparently, that is something paranormal) but I can feel things. I get deja vu quite regularly, can usually tell when the phone is gonna ring and who it is, can sometimes say things and then the person i'm talking to will say 'you know, I was just gonna say that', and I can see auras, but not all the time (I once saw one around my lecturer at college. One minute, she was standing in front of everyone talking and the next, the most intense light seemed to be shining from behind her - it was beautiful.
There is also a room in my house (which I have lived in for 11 years) that I refuse to go into on my own.

Wow, never intended for that to be so long

Lol :green: My family are jinxed with ghosts. My whole family have had experiences with ghosts.

I've never seen a ghost but have had experiences with them. I used to babysit for a family who's house freaked the crap out of me. I heard an old lady's voice on the baby monitor one time, talking about the children who I could hear sleeping in the background, there was no one else upstairs when I went to check though, and when I came back downstairs, some thing cold brushed against my back. My sister and her friend have babysitted there before, and have heard chairs moving about, thudding upstairs and on the stairs. I refuse to go back there now.

My house is also haunted. None of us have seen a ghost, we have been told it's probably a poltergeist though. We have bunkbeds in our room, and the tv used to sit underneath (it's one of those bunks where you can fit a desk underneath). Anyway I was sitting in front of the tv, and something slammed ontop of the upper bed and the whole bunk shook. There was no one else in the room and my mum came up and asked what the huge bag was; she had heard it from downstairs!!
I've also woken up to find tiny screws and nails in my bed, and my mum found LOADS under it and the head of the bed. We've never owned nails and screws like that!!
And also...we get smells in parts of the room. Its a sickly perfumed soapy smell, and it's been on my bed before, 3 tims. It's actually woken me up because its so strong. I got my sister to see if she could smell it and she started gagging it was so strong. I've been in the bathroom and heard banging and thudding upstairs, even when the house has been empty - my room is right above the bathroom and kitchen!!

We've been told by ghostly know-it-alls that poltergeists are atracted to teenagers, well theres 4 in our house, 3 in my room! (well I was a teen when this happened!!)

Since my sisters accident, we've had nothing freaky happening though, which is strange!! But thankgod!!

My mum's house, when she was teen, was haunted too, and our first house when I was a bubba, was next door to a cemetry!!! That was haunted by a poltergest, things used to fly off the fireplace and we used to have plants hanging from the ceiling, hooked on MASSIVE hooks. They used to unhook and fall, although the ceiling hooks weren't unstable etc. My mum sat and watch one unhook before. Strange stuff, and I HATE ghosts too!! Oh and my step-nan's old farmhouse is also haunted, and the ghost has been seen by several family members, it's of an old lady who walks up and down the stairs and through to the kitchen.

My family are completely jinxed!!

xxx

Hi,

yes only once tho and that was recently, we have been living in a grade II 16th century listed cotage for two years, it was completely run down and in need of total renovation, but we all moved in three days before Christmas 2002. one night Dave and I both woke in the night and were staring at the ceiling, where a shape like a silhouette had appeared, It was not there before, so I got him to open the door -it never moved - then open the curtain - still it stayed so it was definitely no shadow, we slept with the light on that night.

The next day at work I asked a friend who's whole family are bit physic, what she thought, she said "oh its probably just someone who used to live there, checking you out". Well they must have been pleased with how we were getting on with the place coz we have not seen or heard anything since.

Although I would never tell the kids about it, or they wouldn't go to bed!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, here's something quite topical at the mo!
I have had several experiences. I'll tell you about this one, it's linked to Most Haunted on Living TV!!!!

While on holiday in Cornwall in 2003, we visited Bodmin Jail. In one of the rooms, I came over all peculiar. I can't explain it very well, but it was like my legs just didn't exist. I had no sensation in them at all, and I couldn't understand how I was standing or walking, I just was!! I left the room, it went away, I went back in, it happened again, but less so. On talking with my family whom I was with at the time, my son had had the same experience!!

Last night, they did a new "Most Haunted", it was in BODMIN JAIL!!! The first guy that Derek named was Lightfoot (lightfoot, no feeling in legs, get it?). Also, he said that many people had been dismembered in there, and on one occasion, several crew members said their legs had gone cold!!! Also, when the other medium started talking about a woman presence, I suddenly said "Mary". The medium said "her name was Mary". My husband flipped out, and now says that I have the power!

I also have had other experiences, including, wait for it, a HAUNTED WARDROBE!!! I'll tell you about that later, as I gotta get back to work!

ALEX said:
Never ever seen a ghost in my life, but very, very occasionally in certain places I think I can sometimes feel a presence. In the sunbed shop where I work I was running late with my last client and had to lock the shop up. When I was in on my own I wanted to get out quick because I couldn't help the feeling that I was being watched. When I went in the next day I was told the place used to be a morgue-pretty freaky!

ack - flippin' 'eck Alex.... creeeeeeepy! I have always thought I would be calm if I saw a ghost.... something in a white sheet, wailing would make me laugh though!!! I do believe in ghosts (not wailing white sheets - scooby doo style) and I believe in 'cold spots' where 'ghosts' lurk!!! :Scared: :eek:

Teena_B said:
I also have had other experiences, including, wait for it, a HAUNTED WARDROBE!!! I'll tell you about that later, as I gotta get back to work!

can't wait!!:cool:

If you really want a good scare try watching the "Haunted" series on TV, it comes on Discovery channel and TLC channel, it's not a regular show but it's good when you can catch it on...the last ones I watched was Haunted in Conneticut, about a family who moved into a house that used to be a funeral home and Haunted in Georgia, about a little girl who befriended a ghost of a man who was the caretaker of the house. These are TRUE stories and they are very, very good...One time my ex and I watched them and he begged me to keep the lights on for two nights!!

When I was a child, about 4 years old, my mother was always scared as I used to have conversations with an old man that she couldn't see....
:eek: At 11 years, I woke up one night to see a man standing at the bottom of my bed, dressed in knee length trousers witha long beard.... when I described him to my mum years later, she said that it was the same man that I had described to her at 4!!!

I have had many episodes of Dejavou, but the strangest thing was six years ago, one night whilst reading in bed a spider ran over me under the covers..it was huge, I screeched, caught it in a cup and threw it out..I saw it go into next doors garden. When I got back in to bed within two minutes of reading my book again the exact same thing happened.. :suprised: the new spider crawled over me in the exact same place.... I took it as a good omen as spiders are meant to be good luck!!
The same night, I woke to see a shaow of a woman above me in my room, she was wearing a wedding dress. I knew straight away that even though I was in a bad relationship, I would meet the man I would marry soon. ( so I told my boyfriend the next day, and he laughed of course!)

I met my husband about two weeks later, we were inseperable from then!!:Love:

My gran was a medium, but never used her gift for money. I believe in spirits, and dejavous, I do believe that people can contact us after their death. But I do find it quite scarey!!!
(Time to go to bed with the lights on!!!!:Scared:

Hi,

When i was little my mom said i was about 2 we lived in Newtown in a kind of cul-de-sac but it wasn't if you know what i mean it was an old town house so the living room was upstairs and i used to sit facing the corner talking to myself or so my mom thought anyway one day she said i had sat there for about an hour babling on about my teacher at nursery so she said "Jodie who are you talking to?" and i turned around and said "The old lady" as blasay as anything and seemed quite confused my mom didn't know.

This went on for months then one day i was sitting talking to "the old lady" and i started screaming and my mom jumped up and was like "Jodie whats the matter?" and i was screaming "the man the man" "get him out" my mom said she stood there shouting "Shoo shoo get out" and gave me a cuddle to calm me down after that i never sat in that corner again or talked to myself.

Then when i was 5 we moved house and my mom was talking to a neighbour and they began talking about......................the old lady who lived there before we did and guess what.............her son had treated her badly for years and then killed her and then himself.

How spooky is that?

Thanks for starting this Kimmi, I just love talking about this subject (how weird am I?)
Someone already mentioned about smelling the spirits, and I wanted to add to that. Before she died, my favourite nan was a big woman and she had this distinct smell about her. When walking around the house, I sometimes get this smell and I know it's my nan come to visit, as I could'nt mistake that smell for anything else.
But the main reason I am writing is my brother. He died in 1993 very unexpectedly and I was distraught, as he was the one I got on with most, out of my 3 brothers. At the time my son was only 1 1/2 and my brother loved him deeply. His funeral took place in Cyprus and I came back home after 3 months. One day, I had just come home from shopping with my little boy and he went upto his bedroom to play, then soon as he went in he came running out saying there was a man in his bed, this really freaked me out. That was the only occassion with my son.
However, my daughter who was born 6 years after my brother died, is another story. Since she was about 6 months old, I used to put her in her own room and she'd sleep through the night. Then one night, when she was 2, she woke up screaming like I never heard any1 scream. I ran to her room and found her stiff standing in her cot with her eyes fixed on the back of the door and still screaming. I picked her up and calmed her down and she went to sleep in my bed. I thought it was just a nightmare, but she would'nt step in her room at all after that, and we had to keep it shut. Everytime I mentioned to her about going in there she would start screaming. Now in our new house she kind of o.k. but still wants me to sleep with her, when she wakes at night and she's 5. Anyway, when she was 3 and could explain things properly, one day she looked at my brother's photo and said "who's that mummy?" I told her he was her uncle then she said "I don't like him, and he does'nt like me, I am scared of him, tell him not to come here again" on hearing this, I knew what had happened that night. He had visited her and being little she was naturally scared to see a stranger in her room.
I also sense my brother a lot in the house, but even though I used to be terrified of ghosts, now I don't feel scared at all, because I know it's him and he would never harm us, at least I hope it's him. But I actually feel quite calm about it, knowing that he will always be there to protect my children.
Anyway, there's more but I can hear my hubby coming and he does'nt like me talking about these as he thinks I still get upset. And I've given you enough headache for tonight. It's now 00.55am and I need to get some sleep, so I'll tell the rest later.

Latest posts

Back