Having skin problems!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mary1981

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to ask some opinions from the experts, seeing as im not one yet! I'm having a problem with breakouts around my chin area. I've always suffered with oily acne skin but dianette and retin-a from doctors helped me no end. I'm on a different pill now (have been for 2 years) but still use the retin a. I recently changed from skinceuticals cleanser and toner from the dermatologist to the elemis balancing cleanser and toner. Thinking my skin was balanced and wanted to try something nicer to use. Everyhting was good for the first 3 weeks, but now i have clusters of spots that will not shift. Sometimes they have pus sometimes not, but they do not go. I'm loving using the elemis cleanser and toner its so much more luxurious and my skin feels beautiful to the touch but i dont want this at the expense of my skin. I was wondering if i added the tri -enzyme wash after the cleanser would this help? I do use the pro-collagen marine cream with no problems for the last few months now, i also use decleor neroli oil in the mornings and balm essential in the evenings, these are staples to my routine that i love using and do not want to do without.
Sorry for long post, ive been to a salon for advice but its so hard to get independent advice about products sometimes.
thanks geeks for reading xx

I can't comment on your routine as I am not a skin expert but I know from personal experience that the Elemis Balancing range was too much for my skin, even though I had very oily problem areas. It brought me out in hard red papules. I switched to using the sensitive cleanser and toner which works a lot better for me.

Since you have already suffered with acne previously i guess the idea of food intolerances has been mentioned to you. I don't really get any congestion however when i eat dairy products i break out on my chin (i am also lactose intolerant and it definitely isn't the lactose as i have tried lactose free dairy products) apparently it has something to do with the hormones in the milk (well thats what i was told)......just a thought xx

Hi :hug:

Have you tried adding the Elemis Herbal Lavender Repair Mask into your routine twice a week? Also, do you use an exfoliator? (Sorry if you already mentioned, I'm skim-reading as I've got to go to work now lol)

Hth xx

You are putting far too many products on your skin. Less in more - particularly in your case. Go back to skinceuticals - far more medically balanced for your skin. For goodness sake stop using so many products X

The chin (along with the forehead and back) have a larger and higher ratio of sebaceous glands. The sebum is caused by the breaking down of cell contents. The P.acnes bacterium that is found in and around the sebaceous duct acts on the contents and converts to free fatty acids, which maintain skin ph. If there is too much they can cause inflammation and block pores so it is wise not to add to this. Your new products suggest they are adding to the problem probably by their ingredient contents such as palmitic acid, oleic acid, stearic acid and myristic acid. See if these are listed on your products. I appreciate that it is a treat to use luxurious type products but cosmeceuticals as you were recommended are better in helping specific skin problems and tend to screen out known aggravators.:hug:

Hi, i posted this a couple of months ago and i have since stopped using the the elemis products and have re ordered some new skinceuticals now, I have used dermalogica as a stop gap between but cant wait to get back to skinceuticals again now. Slapped wrists for me for chopping and changing and messing with my skin so much, lesson learnt! xxx

Seek the advice of a dermatologist, rather than the advice of a forum that cannot see your symptoms, nor diagnose your problem.
An online diagnosis would be irresponsible of any true professional.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back