HD eyebrows!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough you can't offer the brand name of "HD Brows" but you could offer high definition brows?

From what I can make out you can do your own version (if you've been trained) of high definition brows if you're already trained in eye treatments or MUA trained? From what I can see it's waxing, tweezing, trimming, threading, tinting, and pencilling or powdering in any sparse areas of brow and aftercare?? And not in that particular order either! lol

I may be waaaaaay off the mark tho :biggrin:

scottishjoy, go to zen beauty salon in edinburgh....... ran by a woman by the name of fiona. They will do a good job of your brows and its a very nice salon and i can vouch for fiona personally.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've had a few treatments at Zen and you're right it is a lovely salon x

Hi ive just recently done a hd brow course in newcastle they call it celebrity brows but its exactly the same i cant remember how much i paid but wasnt as much as other places as i heard some places are charging £600-£1000 for the course it was at millenium nails where i done mine 0191 487 5600
they were really helpful and i ve booked on for more courses with them including the permanant eyebrows eeekkkkkk so excitied
good luck girls
lyndsey xxx

still missing the point!......... people are ringing salons for HD specifically.
They are not interested in someone doing a 'similar' version of what HD actually is.

I can guarantee the customer at the point of you telling them you are not actually a HD technician but can do the same sort of treatment, will politely decline and search out a HD salon/technician elsewhere.

If you went into a shop/salon looking to buy a pair of GHDs but they had sold out and a member of staff said that an unnamed brand were just as good, would you buy them?......... the answer is no, because GHD has a fantastic reputation and are known as the best, so you would leave the shop/salon and try elsewhere.............................. exactly the same will happen with HD brows.

xx

And if a potential client who's looking for hd brows will google 'hd brows' the website will come up and they'll search for a hd salon... If you're offering something similar you're not gonna come up on that list :)

Mineral make up isn't a step it used to reduce the redness after the procedure is done.

Really? I have spoken to someone who does HD Brows & she told me that, she said she fills in the eyebrows where they are sparse or have gaps with mineral make up & sells it to the clients so they can fill them in themselves every day, & the mineral make up comes in a palette of different shades.

Why would you use mineral make up to reduce the redness & not soothing gel etc?

What excatly are the 7 steps of HD Brows? X

Really? I have spoken to someone who does HD Brows & she told me that, she said she fills in the eyebrows where they are sparse or have gaps with mineral make up & sells it to the clients so they can fill them in themselves every day, & the mineral make up comes in a palette of different shades.

Why would you use mineral make up to reduce the redness & not soothing gel etc?

What excatly are the 7 steps of HD Brows? X

That's the brow palette your talking about. The reason u use mineral make is because it is anti bacterial and covers the redness so people can go out shopping without having bright red area around their brows. Of course after wax and soothing cream is used aswell.

Yes there will be a client type looking for HD brows but if you offer your own version with a different name, with good marketing techniques you will still attract certain clients who want the celebrity brow look.

In Northern Ireland for example I there's only a handful of people who offer HD brows so something similar could still sell with correct marketing.

For example supermarkets offer branded goods and similar generic goods both still sell as they attract different customers.

still missing the point!......... people are ringing salons for HD specifically.
They are not interested in someone doing a 'similar' version of what HD actually is.

I can guarantee the customer at the point of you telling them you are not actually a HD technician but can do the same sort of treatment, will politely decline and search out a HD salon/technician elsewhere.

If you went into a shop/salon looking to buy a pair of GHDs but they had sold out and a member of staff said that an unnamed brand were just as good, would you buy them?......... the answer is no, because GHD has a fantastic reputation and are known as the best, so you would leave the shop/salon and try elsewhere.............................. exactly the same will happen with HD brows.

xx

It's not similar though... They are exactly the same?

There isn't a copyright on the 7 steps so no matter what people call them wether it be HD eyebrows or celebrity eyebrows it's all exactly the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

You will always get people who are just attracted to brand names regardless of whether another brand is offering exactly the same thing- this is the power of good marketing.

Not missing the point at all!

You don't have to have HD training to offer a high definition brow service.

Yes, you are buying into a brand but that doesn't mean clients who ring up asking for HD brows would necessarily hang up and not want your services because you haven't bought in to the "brand"?!!

You only have to look at the new gel/polish hybrids or nail vinyl's on the market - most customers will have heard of Shellac or Minx which are very well known and marketed brands (I offer both) but I'm sure there are hundreds of technicians that offer a similar brand or service and still manage to get business.

You have bought the brand name, but as other posters have said the techniques and products used are the same thing!

Its very much a look that i can see not lasting very long and also being too expensive for many people to keep having as regularly as they would need it to keep them looking HD.At the end of the day its a make up style which will change in a few months to something more natural.

Im not sure about the marketing of HD brows from a public point i personally do not know anyone who knows about them. They know the look because it is everywhere on the celebs at the mo but not that the look is a 'brand'.

I only know about them from here, oh and Katie Price doing the training but i dont think the name HD was mentioned on her show.

I think most people do not understand that the look cannot last more than a few days without actually having semi permanent make up.Im sure this must be a disappointment for many to have their hd brows disappear very quickly after a few days.

If you are trained properly in brow shaping and have a good eye for shape any good therapist could produce their own version of HD brows.

I understand the tint is longer lasting on the skin than other tints not quite sure why it would be, but it wont be long before other tint manufacturers are producing brow tints in more colours and bigger tubes.

Are they also a good look to have, they look ok on camera when someone has a full face of make up and they look good on asians/indian skin like the ladies who do the training with their beautiful silky dark brows but on your average person they can take over a face.

Last edited:
I am talking about the 'majority' here. You are correct that some customers may be just as happy to use a technician that offers their own high definition brow service but the 'majority' will want a HD technician and seek one out using the salon finder.
The HD marketing is very powerfull and for a salon/therapist trying to create this hype for themselves would require alot of money and celebrity backing!
Being a HD technician means the majority of branding and advertising is done for you...... people seek you out via the salon finder.
I do not advertise or push the HD brows really as I mainly do permanent make up but Im really busy with them due to having my details on the salon finder and then its recomendations from my existing clients to their friends and family.
So while the training seems expensive I do think you make it back fairly quickly and Nilam is amazing at what she does and deserves to command those prices.
The brand must be doing something right because the courses are fully booked for months in advance.
I dont think its something thats going anywhere anytime soon.........

xx

Not missing the point at all!

You don't have to have HD training to offer a high definition brow service.

Yes, you are buying into a brand but that doesn't mean clients who ring up asking for HD brows would necessarily hang up and not want your services because you haven't bought in to the "brand"?!!

You only have to look at the new gel/polish hybrids or nail vinyl's on the market - most customers will have heard of Shellac or Minx which are very well known and marketed brands (I offer both) but I'm sure there are hundreds of technicians that offer a similar brand or service and still manage to get business.

You have bought the brand name, but as other posters have said the techniques and products used are the same thing!

I agree!! xx

I did the course last year. Yes you can get these brow shapes from a therapist that is not HD Brow trained. The beauty therapist who works at my salon does this shape all the time. When I had mine done on the course there was barely any difference as my therapist does my brows all the time.
As already has been said though, you are buying into a brand, a very popular brand. I get calls for it all the time just from the HD Brow website.
It's not for everyone though. I would say that out of the last 10 calls enquiring about HD Brows, I probably talked 8 of them out of having it done!
The tint is a bog standard tint though Gillian. I actually still use Refectocil on my own brows as it lasts longer. I only use the HD Brow tint for HD Brow clients because we have to. For other clients i always use Refectocil as it is a far superior tint, in my opinion.
The brand hasn't even officially launched yet.
You will get clients for it though.
All you nail techs who use Shellac will know how very popular it is. Clients have heard of this brand and will actively look up therapists on the internet. I know many nail techs who have said that their business has boomed because of Shellac. That is the power of advertising!
It's the same with HD Brows. When they officially launch then it will get even more popular. Whether you think it's great or not, it's a treatment that clients are asking for. As a therapist that can only be a good thing!

That's the brow palette your talking about. The reason u use mineral make is because it is anti bacterial and covers the redness so people can go out shopping without having bright red area around their brows. Of course after wax and soothing cream is used aswell.

Is the brow palette mineral make up?
What are the 7 steps? x

Is the brow palette mineral make up?
What are the 7 steps? x

No the brow palette is a hd palette if brow powders consisting of 5shades and then I use fresh minerals make up to finish

I have posted this on the new thread too sorry!

I am lying in bed mulling this over & trying to reply diplomatically........
We have been threading in our salon for nearly 4 years, we wax, tweeze & we tint as well. So my question is, if you shape using what ever method, tint as normal & then fill in gaps with pencil/powder, when the client removes that makeup that evening isn't she just back to a normal tint & shape?........please correct me if I am wrong!!
Also the price is really high if that's the case ie my eb tint & shape is £11 & our thread with a tint £13.50.

You are buying into a brand Which does every bit of advertising or you. The name sells it's self :) biosculpture shellac cnd jessica you buy in to a good branding for proffesionals.

Everyone says how lovely there brows look after :)

I love the brand and my training. Us therapist didn't do all the training and pay all the money to tell everyone what we do :) it's like a client trying to do her own acyrlics, We would be out of business hehe! X

The fact that the 7 steps are such a mystery is what makes me think it's not anything I'm not already doing. Geeks are more than happy to share their sculpting, blending, nail art techniques but this is because the price of courses are similar. If I had shelled out just under a grand to learn something I already knew I woul probably be a bit defensive of the course too. I wouldn't be surprised if trainees are advised to keep the mystery alive to keep up interest.

I am not into falling for "the latest celebrity trend" and nor are my clients. So this is not for me. However if your clients want this I can see how you could, in the short term make a killing, until they realise that they can get the same results elsewhere and shop around.

Good for you if you love it but there's better investments for my money. :hug:

There is room for all of us HD or not!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back