HD eyebrows!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am talking about the 'majority' here. You are correct that some customers may be just as happy to use a technician that offers their own high definition brow service but the 'majority' will want a HD technician and seek one out using the salon finder.
The HD marketing is very powerfull and for a salon/therapist trying to create this hype for themselves would require alot of money and celebrity backing!
Being a HD technician means the majority of branding and advertising is done for you...... people seek you out via the salon finder.
I do not advertise or push the HD brows really as I mainly do permanent make up but Im really busy with them due to having my details on the salon finder and then its recomendations from my existing clients to their friends and family.
So while the training seems expensive I do think you make it back fairly quickly and Nilam is amazing at what she does and deserves to command those prices.
The brand must be doing something right because the courses are fully booked for months in advance.
I dont think its something thats going anywhere anytime soon.........

xx

What do you mean by 'majority' and what is this based on or is it just an opinion? If nobody in your area offers this service and none of the clients have heard of it, then your own version could work very well when targeting the right people through effective marketing and advertising and advertise as the 'celebrity brow' and state your have combined 7 expert steps to achieve the perfect brow.

If people look up the salon-finder and you're not there then that's fine but someone who know how to advertise properly could gain a lot of clients due to this new treatment.

I must be out of the loop as the only place I've seen HD brows spoken about is on professional forums, so the HD crew are definitely doing their advertising in all the right places, especially if the courses are full I've not had one client mention it. I'm off to think of a way to put new life into another treatment to strike it rich, yes Nilam is a very astute business woman, with a lot of celebrity pals, but we're talking about shaping two bits of fur on our faces guys, let's not get that out of proportion! :)

I found this excellent description:
http://www.lipglossiping.com/2010/12/hd-brows-baby/

Last edited:
What do you mean by 'majority' and what is this based on or is it just an opinion? If nobody in your area offers this service and none of the clients have heard of it, then your own version could work very well when targeting the right people through effective marketing and advertising and advertise as the 'celebrity brow' and state your have combined 7 expert steps to achieve the perfect brow.

If people look up the salon-finder and you're not there then that's fine but someone who know how to advertise properly could gain a lot of clients due to this new treatment.

I totally agree, as we do it all already so maybe I will just do the same! I am still not convinced its a brand its more of just a treatment name........is it not??? CND is a brand & Shellac is a treatment within that brand & as Shellac was 1st to launch, the name has stuck with clients but look at all the others now available. So wouldn't you just say to clients sorry we don't do HD Brows but we do blah blah.........as salon's do with gelac, gelish & etc etc.

I must be out of the loop as the only place I've seen HD brows spoken about is on professional forums, so the HD crew are definitely doing their advertising in all the right places, especially if the courses are full I've not had one client mention it. I'm off to think of a way to put new life into another treatment to strike it rich, yes Nilam is a very astute business woman, with a lot of celebrity pals, but we're talking about shaping two bits of fur on our faces guys, let's not get that out of proportion! :)

HD Brows Baby! | Lipglossiping

Very interesting read Louise, thanks for that link :biggrin: x

http://www.lipglossiping.com/2010/12/hd-brows-baby/[/QUOTE]

I think this is the perfect example of, just because some one has done the training doesn't mean their good at it. Thats my opinion because u would not be happy with that end result, they don't look like hd brows at all. the therapist should have recommended the brow gel that hd has as with every treatment you recommend after care products.

I think the point is reguardless of the end result there are no new techniques being taught and I wouldn't pay all that money to learn a new pattern to wax a bikini line or put wax on a leg so why would I pay it to learn a new order to do an eyebrow shape even if I did get my name listed on a website or a shiny new poster.

Every single company or person who is selling you a training course or brand is doing so to make money themselves. You must look carefully at any of these courses and ask yourself what is in it for you. This is simple business sense!

The best thing you can do for your business is to build regular and loyal clients. This is what I did years ago and I have a waiting list of people who have been recommended to me just waiting for someone to drop out as a client. This way I do not have to 'market' myself or my treatments which saves me time and money. My clients know what products and treatments I use and love them. They love them because I make sure before I introduce something that it is worth having. If I try a product and don't like it then I do not introduce it to my clients. They know I am trying something new and will know that I have rejected it. This builds trust.

Build your client base girls and boys, choose your courses wisely and steer clear of self promoted treatments and in particular branding that is usually just a flash in the pan! :biggrin:

Every single company or person who is selling you a training course or brand is doing so to make money themselves. You must look carefully at any of these courses and ask yourself what is in it for you. This is simple business sense!

The best thing you can do for your business is to build regular and loyal clients. This is what I did years ago and I have a waiting list of people who have been recommended to me just waiting for someone to drop out as a client. This way I do not have to 'market' myself or my treatments which saves me time and money. My clients know what products and treatments I use and love them. They love them because I make sure before I introduce something that it is worth having. If I try a product and don't like it then I do not introduce it to my clients. They know I am trying something new and will know that I have rejected it. This builds trust.

Build your client base girls and boys, choose your courses wisely and steer clear of self promoted treatments and in particular branding that is usually just a flash in the pan! :biggrin:

This is exactly what I did with HD brows, researched the treatment and everything seen how fab it was and now I would never look back, got so many new clients as well as regular clients who now book in for a rebalance and HD's, their brows have become a must.

Here i listed some website that provide information about HD eyebrows. you can check it. may be its useful for you and last link is for video. there are some video for Hd Eyebrows.

HD Brows - 7 steps to the perfect brow! Threading, tweezing, tinting, waxing and more

Testimonials 2009 - HD Brows - 7 steps to the perfect brow! Threading, tweezing, tinting, waxing and more

which company offer hd eyebrows - Google Search
hi do u know what that hd brow course requirements are? im trained in threading and tints but not waxing? thanks x

hi do u know what that hd brow course requirements are? im trained in threading and tints but not waxing? thanks x

Anyone can train in HD brows, they teach you everything on the course.

does anyone know where i can get them done.i live in ipswich and id really like to get them done but need somewhere as close as possible?

does anyone know where i can get them done.i live in ipswich and id really like to get them done but need somewhere as close as possible?

I think if you go on their website they have a salon/therapist finder .

I think the money is well worth it if you havnt already trained in waxing brows tinting threading ect.
Otherwise I'm not to sure cause I don't really get what's so different.

Surely if you already do these things you can do HD brows?
I definatly want to take the course- it's next on my to do list! But think I will get my own brows done first to really check out what there all about :) x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

I can wax, pluck, tint and shape eyebrows and I am about to do a threading course. Doe's this mean I can do HD brows then? I'm curious to know as I have watched the video and it's looks just the same as what I already now. :confused:

I can wax, pluck, tint and shape eyebrows and I am about to do a threading course. Doe's this mean I can do HD brows then? I'm curious to know as I have watched the video and it's looks just the same as what I already now. :confused:

Possibly but you cant call them that because they have trade marked the name.

Possibly but you cant call them that because they have trade marked the name.

So I would have to do the course to advertise that I do HD brows? I'm afraid I wouldn't shell out that amount of money to learn the treatments I have already been doing for years. It's a good I idea though, throwing all the brow treatments together and giving it a striking name with tons of eyecatching advertising. Very well thought out.:D

So I would have to do the course to advertise that I do HD brows? I'm afraid I wouldn't shell out that amount of money to learn the treatments I have already been doing for years. It's a good I idea though, throwing all the brow treatments together and giving it a striking name with tons of eyecatching advertising. Very well thought out.:D

Once you are a certified HD technician and your good at it. You make your money back in no time. You get repeat business with clients back every 4-6weeks. Once they've been HD'd they'll never go back to just getting a tidy up.

Once you are a certified HD technician and your good at it. You make your money back in no time. You get repeat business with clients back every 4-6weeks. Once they've been HD'd they'll never go back to just getting a tidy up.

I don't just do a brow tidy up though. I have been in the beauty industry for many years and have a large clientelle who come to me because they are more than satisfied with the treatment I give them. They stick with me because I am good at what I do. I take my clients face shape, colour of hair etc into consideration andf I give them great brows.. The Hd brow treatment is a brand name but I'm afraid I don't see much difference in what I can already do. Though I know some will beg to differ but that's just my opinion :)

I don't just do a brow tidy up though. I have been in the beauty industry for many years and have a large clientelle who come to me because they are more than satisfied with the treatment I give them. They stick with me because I am good at what I do. I take my clients face shape, colour of hair etc into consideration andf I give them great brows.. The Hd brow treatment is a brand name but I'm afraid I don't see much difference in what I can already do. Though I know some will beg to differ but that's just my opinion :)

Like everything there will be people out there who probably have quite a good natural talent for brow shaping. But from a business point of view, People want Hd Brows (I'm not saying every single person). You can charge more plus there's the fantastic retail range. At the end o the day I want to keep my clients happy and have a successful business with a good income which I'm able to do.

Like every treatment, it's not gonna be every therapists cuppa tea.

I have trained in HD brows but basically any beauty therapist should be able to provide this service as it is nothing new. You are mainly paying the £1000 for training and additional strater kit and supplies to use their brand name. They really have marketed the brand well...

Re:lipglossiping link

I think the end result is shocking for the HD brow brand.. £25 for that and there not even living up to the name(in my opinion)

i have never have my brows done as its expensive and im scared at anyone else doing my brands but i do love the look etc on the website... but really it would take a lot for me to let someone HD me!

Even if you dont do the HD brow course and if you just did tinting, threading etc with different brands. its still not HD'ed. You would have to call it something else or just good old tinting threading and waxing lol!

I have been tempted to do the course but I have seen and heard mixed reviews of them not lasting long

Latest posts

Back