Help any experienced lasher's please .....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Earlier today I placed a couple of patch lashes on a girl who is coming in tomorrow for a set of Semi permanent lashes (practice), her lashes are lovely & long anyway, but on her right eye the lashes in the outer corner were absolutely crazy all bunched together so curly and curling in wards toward the inner eye I asked if this was the side she slept on as the other side was fine & yes it is, How on earth am I going to get lashes on these I don't have any heated lash curlers to try to straighten them out, I am now dreading it as this girl is not a regular client of mine she just sent me a message from my face book group, she does know that I have recently trained hence the introductory price. What advise do you guys have for me please I am really feeling quite panicked at the thought now.

Don't panic, be calm and breath.

This is a fantastic example of the problems you will face. Remember she is there for you to learn and practice from, which is why she's getting a model price. She will not be getting a perfect set of lash extensions.

The problem is that even if you had the skills to extend that side properly, the fact that she sleeps heavily on that side means the lashes will not last long because they are being rubbed all through the night.

What you need to do is only attach to a bit of the natural lash. Do not follow the direction of the natural lash with your extension. Point the extension in the direction you want it. This means you will only be attaching it a little to the natural lash. This will be a weak bond, which is another reason why it won't last so long.

I think it's best you explain the problem to this model. Let her know that putting extensions on that corner will be a problem. The bonds will be weak and because she sleeps heavily on that side they will not last long.

Then let her make an informed decision as to whether she'd still like her lashes done. Whenever I have clients with tricky lashes I forewarn them of the possible end result. Anyone getting them done is so looking forward to them that they'll want to have a go anyway.

If your model does decide to go ahead you could also explain that you haven't done lashes as trickyy as this, but are up for the learning experience and challenge. So if she doesn't mind you would like to keep practising on her till you get it right.

Hope that helps :)

Besides, worst case scenario is she hates them, you take them off and don't charge her. No real harm done x

Thanks Redchick for your advise, I will go through it with her tomorow although when I was applying her patch lashes today I did start to do this on the right side it was a PITA man! So this is when we discussed her sleeping side etc I did point out to her how crazy the lashes were and said it would be a challenge but one I was prepared to go for lol ..... until I thought about it a bit more ....and panicked, but I will do as you have suggested and apply them at the angle I need them to go she is as you said desperate to have them done so I cant see her not wanting them.

You need to buy a heated lash curler for these clients as you will come across a lot of them,
if you do lash perming you could use an extra large perm rod and perm them into a nice curve rather than the messy tight curls she has now and this will make it easier to get a better bond on the lashes, hth

Your client has lashes just like me lol. My lashes are curly anyway, but my left outer corner is crazy! When I have my lashes done they never last more than a few days in this area. It is only the very outer few though, so when i lose them, it isnt a huge, unlashed area and dosent really spoil the overall effect. Your client may be the same, so as long as she is aware that this may happen, she should still be a lovely, long term client for you. Embrace the challenge!! xxx

definately get a heated lash curler or consider perming them first. I like to use the shields for naughty lashes like the ones you describe. i find they straighten them out better than perming rods (but thats just me!)

tigi

Thanks guys .... heated lash curlers on my to buy list :). It went ok and I did manage to lash her, I wasn't 100 % happy with the crazy lashes though, but did explain that she may lose them prematurely due to the nature of her natural lashes in this area, and asked her to try her best to avoid sleeping on that side. She also seemed to have a natural parting in the middle of this lash line which was really strange (So I can see now the lash curlers would have been a great help) and I did have a few tiny lashes that I just couldn't keep separate from the curly lashes as I was applying but did my best. I will post a pic in my album so you can see there is an obvious difference in one eye to the other.

Hi, some great advise above. Get those eyelash curlers asap :) Lou x

Hi, some great advise above. Get those eyelash curlers asap :) Lou x

Where do you get these? I have heard some people saying not to use them as you will straighten the lash but it will fall back into place later on, making the lashes go all twised up. Confused :irked:

Latest posts

Back