Help do I refund client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellie77

Reaction score
Hi there all,

Ive done a set of gel extensions for a client and have had nothing but problems from her, the day after they were applied she called to say they were going a funny colour I told her to pop in to the salon to see me the next day at 1pm she didn't turn up or even call, now she has just posted a really horrible reply to my business advert on a local online notice board complaining she can't get hold of me and all her nails have now fallen off so she want a refund! She can't get hold of me as it's Sunday and salon is closed!
I am very confident with my nails and I've never had a complaint or even had a client lose a nail let alone a whole set.
I've also found out she is advertising on the notice board as a mobile nail tech & beauty therapist which is weird as she said she worked in a warehouse packing makeup, she lives a street from the salon I have just opened and I'm not to sure what I should do! I'm not happy refunding her but have offered to redo them for free do you think that's right!
Thanks for reading.
Ellie xx

I think it's pretty clear what she's trying to do and it's an awful way to behave, she's having you on and trying to undermine your business. If it were me, I would reply very politely stating that you were surprised that she didn't attend her scheduled appointment with you, you pride yourself on your customer service and are always happy to rectify any problems on the rare occasions that they occur. State your opening times. Then I would report her post and see if it can be removed.

x

Tell her no hun in the politest but firmest way possible to both a refund AND a free set.

You offered to take a look and rectify any issue she had - she never showed and didn't give you chance to do anything. Reply on the notice board and make it clear to any potential clients that whilst you endeavor to look into any customer issues and rectify problems on the rare occasion they crop up, you cannot do so if the client doesn't wish to come to you.

sounds to me like she may be a "rival" ( in the loosest term lol ) tech wanting to smear your reptuation and people like that never get very far in anything they persue :hug: xx

( cross posted - took me that long to reply haha xx )

She doesn't get a refund unless she shows up in person and you look at her nails. If it appears she ripped them off, then you know she's trying to rip YOU off.

Do you mind me asking what exactly she said on this other place? I'd like to know to see if it violates the law vis-a-vis slander.

I'm so dissapointed to hear someone acting like this in our industry.

I HATE liars. :mad:

Rise above her childs play behaviour. Some people do not have integrity or correct business manners.

You are better than this... She will show herself, bad mouthing competitors is always a big no no in my book. Let your work do the talking x

Def no refund. As a fellow geek said the other day, " If u wanted a dress refunded you wouldn't just call the shop up demanding a refund and say you're not bringing dress in."

You scheduled an appt for her to correct problem. She didn't show, during that time you could have had a paid client. She is not entitled to anymore time. If she persists with a refund say you are charging a cancellation fee for the time she wasted. It balances out to quits.

some people.

Last edited:
I've had it. Jus ignore it. There's enough work for u both and there is a limit to how many people she knows. I do lash extensions. I once heard I use nail glue to apply the lashes!!! Now why would I go through the trouble and cost of getting trained and insured if I was going to do that.

Don't refund her, she's trying to put you out of business to build up hers. And I'm sure nothing happened to her nails - I can't stand people like that

Would a shop refund money on a dress they hadn't seen? She's being unreasonable. Refunds are not something done in our line of work. I don't like "do overs" either. You said you felt strong in your work and you have a client base that has proven that your workmanship is solid, so why would there be a problem this time? It's not you. It's the client.

I'd respond once and only once and make it worthwhile. "I offered you an appointment to rectify the situation, but you didn't show. As far as being unable to reach me, my business is closed on Sunday. I do not offer refunds and at this point I can offer you no resolution since the set is no longer on your hands. I have plenty of satisfied clients, sorry you aren't one of them. I sincerely wish you the best in finding a nail professional to meet her needs."

Last edited:
She doesn't get a refund unless she shows up in person and you look at her nails. If it appears she ripped them off, then you know she's trying to rip YOU off.

Do you mind me asking what exactly she said on this other place? I'd like to know to see if it violates the law vis-a-vis slander.

I'm so dissapointed to hear someone acting like this in our industry.

I HATE liars. :mad:

Amen to that...

I've had it. Jus ignore it. There's enough work for u both and there is a limit to how many people she knows. I do lash extensions. I once heard I use nail glue to apply the lashes!!! Now why would I go through the trouble and cost of getting trained and insured if I was going to do that.

No way..? Omg that's defamation of character surely?

Yeah but what can you do? I've got plenty of clients who know that's not true. That's all that matters :)

Hi there all,

Ive done a set of gel extensions for a client and have had nothing but problems from her, the day after they were applied she called to say they were going a funny colour I told her to pop in to the salon to see me the next day at 1pm she didn't turn up or even call, now she has just posted a really horrible reply to my business advert on a local online notice board complaining she can't get hold of me and all her nails have now fallen off so she want a refund! She can't get hold of me as it's Sunday and salon is closed!
I am very confident with my nails and I've never had a complaint or even had a client lose a nail let alone a whole set.
I've also found out she is advertising on the notice board as a mobile nail tech & beauty therapist which is weird as she said she worked in a warehouse packing makeup, she lives a street from the salon I have just opened and I'm not to sure what I should do! I'm not happy refunding her but have offered to redo them for free do you think that's right!
Thanks for reading.
Ellie xx

Your always get the odd customer who is going to be unhappy, that's with every business! so I personally wouldn't worry, it seems you have tired your best to offer a good service! maybe you could speak to the client and discuss the situation! I always have gel nails and would recommend them, as I feel they last longer then normal false nails! I believe that this customer is trying to loose you custom, and I'm sorry to here that! I wouldn't refund the customer due to this, and offering here a free set of nails in good will, would be good customer service! X

Would a shop refund money on a dress they hadn't seen? She's being unreasonable. Refunds are not something done in our line of work. I don't like "do overs" either. You said you felt strong in your work and you have a client base that has proven that your workmanship is solid, so why would there be a problem this time? It's not you. It's the client.

I'd respond once and only once and make it worthwhile. "I offered you an appointment to rectify the situation, but you didn't show. As far as being unable to reach me, my business is closed on Sunday. I do not offer refunds and at this point I can offer you no resolution since the set is no longer on your hands. I have plenty of satisfied clients, sorry you aren't one of them. I sincerely wish you the best in finding a nail professional to meet her needs."

- This here is your answer!

No refunds, full stop!

There is no question about it... there are always these people out there who will try their luck, dont let them fool you! You are the pro, you know the deal :) xx

Last edited:
Take some time to think of a really clever response that not only shows you are a professional, but just as clearly shows she is NOT! Point out that she is advertising as a nail tech at the same time as claiming your work is not up to standard. if I was a potential client reading that I know who I would book an appointment with!!

"As my service did not live up to your standards, I would be happy to allow you to do your own enhancements from now on, seeing as you are a nail tech."

"As my service did not live up to your standards, I would be happy to allow you to do your own enhancements from now on, seeing as you are a nail tech."

Perfect!!"

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Spot on! I would also add in the fact that she failed to come in when you offered to take a look at the offending enhamcement though, just to make it clear that you have offered.

No return = no refund. If there is somewhere to reply to her comment on your notice board about not being able to get hold of you then put it there that she didn't turn up for the appointment she made for you to see them.

The general public are not stupid and understand that there are lots of spoilers out there. :green:

Latest posts

Back