Help! Geeks with Tantrick Minimist Pro

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just recently taken delivery of my new minimist Pro and I'm not getting on with it at all. When i used it for the first time the other day there was spray on the compressor unit - just where the hose comes out - 2 large brown spray marks which start not long after the tanning is happening. I have my machine on a unit beside an open window so there is plenty of ventilation there.

I have just sprayed myself and again there are the brown spray marks on the unit which happened not long after I started the tan - also it seems to be spraying erratically.

Can anyone suggest anything - I am really struggling here. have already had to cancel 4 clients as I don't trust this machine. I have worked so hard to build up a good client base for tanning which is all going to go down the tubes if I can't get to the bottom of the problem.:sad:

Any suggestions gratefully received - have attached pics of the problem. (the 2nd pic is of my gun and the hose appears to be kinked - can't get it to straighten out at all and don't want to cut it as it might not fit again).

I previously had the minimist mobile and had absolutely no probs with it at all.

As has been mentioned numerouse times on this thread what you are experiancing problems with is certainly not the machine but mearly one of its location within it's working area.

As I understand it you have a small spray room and one without extraction.

The fitting on the side of the machine (shown in your picture) is the air bleed valve andt it can only have solution comming out if the machine is ingesting airborne overspray.

The machine should be situated as far from the spray booth as is possible and you do need adequate air extraction/purification otherwise you will see a continuation of the problem.

The kink in the clear tube (as shown in your other picture) is simply one that is caused by the fluid reservoir being rotated when tightening.You need to release the locking nut and rotate the reservoir back to eliminate the kink and then relock the nut.

These are all reccomendations I made to you by E mail some weeks ago when you first highlighted your problem.

It also may be well worth you contacting BDS (from whom you made the purchase)if you feel the need for further assistance /instruction on the setting up of this equipment or maybe we can simply clarify everything when we talk later this afternoon as already agreed?

We generally find that machine malfunction is far to often blamed when in fact in most cases it boils down to either lack of ongoing maintenance or initial uncertainty of how newly purchased equipment should be set up and within what enviroment that allows for its proper operation (extraction etc)

hoping this helps and look forward to speaking with you later on today:hug:

What kind of soapy water - like the stuff you use for washing up dishes?

Still waiting to hear from Collin, so might get something resolved when I do.

Firstly and foremostly I would not recommend putting soapy water through your gun!!!! Normal water is all you need, soapy detergents have a high PH level, do you really want to run that through your gun?? What if traces are left behind??

Machine maintenance is a huge part of sucessful tanning technician. Stripping your gun down and cleaning with CLEAN WATER is needed, as is running clean water through your gun after every use.

It looks to me by the pictures you have provided that the machine hasnt been stored appropriatley or perhaps the gun hasnt been set up correctly thus causing the kink. And its already been explained that the mark on your machine is an extraction and space issue not due to a faulty machine.

Its very easy and all too common to blame your machine and presume its "faulty" but the answer to your problems has been explained very clearly and it does all appear to be down to maintenance.

Its understandable to loose faith after something lke this happens as it knocks your own confidence, but take a step back and follow the advice you have been given. Then before your next tan do the couch roll test before you tan to ensure all is working correctly.

Happy tanning

:hug::hug::hug:

Good talking with you earlier today Alison and hoping that together we can get you fully up and running with your new machine and your confidence level up in the clouds :hug:

Just tried my machine with a new bit hose and it worked perfectly then put original hose back on and it worked for a few minutes and the problem came back. Hubby thinks it may be a pressure problem with the compressor itself but would like to know what pressure my machine works at, so he can check? Collin can you answer this, I have the mini mist.

Hubby has also fiddled with hose that connects to the compressor as it appeared to have a very slight leak. Leak still there but everything is working fine. Seems to be working better now that the machine has been on for a while and this would seem to be correct as I have problems when doing spray tanning right at the start.

My machine done this... At first i was like "WTF... how does solution come out of there!" but now i know why and now i use my filtration unit (pure lazyness why i didnt use it all the time) it doesn't happen!

My gun sometimes does this aswell... just spin the bit that the cup screws on to till the tube un-bends.

xx

Just been reading your posts about the Pro hun, sorry to hear you are having a time of it. Perhaps the following may help you as it is a very common problem with this machine.

Re kink in tube - It looks like your tube is a bit too long and needs trimming or you could remove the black plastic valve from centre of tube completely and fix the clear hose from the gun to the cup, you don't actually need the valve on it. Just ensure the gun is kept upright when you have solution in it though. This can be the reason for stripes as the air is not flowing freely, it's being choked and therefore the solution is not being evenly applied. The tube must be FREE of any kinks and bends.

Re sprays out through the holes against side of the machine - its because the Pro machine now uses a non bleed type of gun and the air has to be released from the tube next to the machine rather than through the nozzle of the gun. So as the air is now being released through these holes, any excess airborne solution as a result of your spraying will now be sucked into the filters and blown out through the 2 holes in the pipe as it leaves the machine, thus creating the typical triangular spray pattern on the side of the machine.

It will be better if the machine is set far away from the spraying area, the hose is long enough for it to be sat at the other end of the room, near an extractor or a filtration unit is preferred. The Pro Machines have been doing this since the guns were changed to the non-bleed type, it is frustrating but doesn't affect the outcome of the tan. Ensure your filters are washed on a regular basis too.

Hope this made sense!

Mandy x

Last edited:
Just tried my machine with a new bit hose and it worked perfectly then put original hose back on and it worked for a few minutes and the problem came back. Hubby thinks it may be a pressure problem with the compressor itself but would like to know what pressure my machine works at, so he can check? Collin can you answer this, I have the mini mist.

Hubby has also fiddled with hose that connects to the compressor as it appeared to have a very slight leak. Leak still there but everything is working fine. Seems to be working better now that the machine has been on for a while and this would seem to be correct as I have problems when doing spray tanning right at the start.

I think your hubby has hit the nail on the head...if the new hose worked fine and when you put the old hose back on you experianced the problem again ...it fair to say there apears to be a leak in the origional hose and not the pressure output of the machine itself.

You can easily test the consistancy of the output of the machine by simply removing the hose and with the machine running hold your hand in front of the outlet valve..the airflow onto your hand should be quiet strong(a little uncomfortable due to the air pressure) . If you do this for a good few mins you will be able to feel if the airflow is "interupted"..if so then this could be a problem with the motor.
Also check to see if there is any slight burning smell which would further indicate motor probems.
I do suspect however that the problem you are having is due to the hose itself which has sprung a hailine crack which opens up only in certain positions.
Why did you not leave the new hose your husband fitted on the machine if that cured the problem?

If this was a temp hose (I.E. a garden hose or something )I do have pleanty of spare hoses here and will happily send you one to see if this cures the problem:hug::hug:

If this was a temp hose (I.E. a garden hose or something )I do have pleanty of spare hoses here and will happily send you one to see if this cures the problem:hug::hug:

Hi Collin,

Thanks for your reply. No I couldn't leave the hose on it as it was some old thing and didn't look anything like the proper one!

I would really appreciate if you could send me one. Even just to try out and we can sort out something. You've been a big help and I would love it if I could sort this problem out once and for all.

Thanks

Hi Collin,

Thanks for your reply. No I couldn't leave the hose on it as it was some old thing and didn't look anything like the proper one!

I would really appreciate if you could send me one. Even just to try out and we can sort out something. You've been a big help and I would love it if I could sort this problem out once and for all.

Thanks

Hi Yvonne,
on it's way :hug:

Glad your problem seems to be sorted Yvonne.

Ax

Glad your problem seems to be sorted Yvonne.

Ax

Hi Alison...glad to her that the air purification module I sent you on loan has greatly assisted the the problem's you were experiancing and I hope you are also now getting to grips with the gun itself.

please keep us posted and good luck:hug:

The gun is still srpaying then stopping, then starting again.

Hi Ali,

Just to let you know I got the new hose and new gun from Collin on Friday and tested it and mine is now working okay, or so it seems. Won't know for sure until at least Friday when I have a booking. I put my old gun back on the new hose and it was playing up. Seems my problem was both the gun and the hose.

Hi Yvonne,

I sprayed 2 people on Fri - and excellent results, I did have to really watch what I was doing as sometimes my gun stops - but as its only for a second or so I can cope - I just compeltely need to concentrate the whole time so I;m aware when this happens.

I am delighted with the extractor Collin sent me - it has made so much difference !

At the weekend I stripped the gun down again and spent ages practicing and familiarising myself with this whole new system - I now know it inside out!

Sprayed another 2 people this morning and they are going to give me feedback within next couple of days.

I feel as if things are looking up - (thanks Collin :))

Hi Yvonne,

I sprayed 2 people on Fri - and excellent results, I did have to really watch what I was doing as sometimes my gun stops - but as its only for a second or so I can cope - I just compeltely need to concentrate the whole time so I;m aware when this happens.

I am delighted with the extractor Collin sent me - it has made so much difference !

At the weekend I stripped the gun down again and spent ages practicing and familiarising myself with this whole new system - I now know it inside out!

Sprayed another 2 people this morning and they are going to give me feedback within next couple of days.

I feel as if things are looking up - (thanks Collin :))

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back