Help! Geeks with Tantrick Minimist Pro

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alimac

Reaction score
I've just recently taken delivery of my new minimist Pro and I'm not getting on with it at all. When i used it for the first time the other day there was spray on the compressor unit - just where the hose comes out - 2 large brown spray marks which start not long after the tanning is happening. I have my machine on a unit beside an open window so there is plenty of ventilation there.

I have just sprayed myself and again there are the brown spray marks on the unit which happened not long after I started the tan - also it seems to be spraying erratically.

Can anyone suggest anything - I am really struggling here. have already had to cancel 4 clients as I don't trust this machine. I have worked so hard to build up a good client base for tanning which is all going to go down the tubes if I can't get to the bottom of the problem.:sad:

Any suggestions gratefully received - have attached pics of the problem. (the 2nd pic is of my gun and the hose appears to be kinked - can't get it to straighten out at all and don't want to cut it as it might not fit again).

I previously had the minimist mobile and had absolutely no probs with it at all.

Attachments

• DSCF1130.JPG
    DSCF1130.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCF1131.JPG
    DSCF1131.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Could be you have a leak in the hose hun, but it sure looks like something is getting out somewhere..

Not sure tho as I haven't got this machine.

Well there are 2 wee holes in the side of the coupling which are supposed to be there and air is belting out through then and I;m not sure if it should be - anyone else got a minimist pro????

I think Nail FX has one.

I've just recently taken delivery of my new minimist Pro and I'm not getting on with it at all. When i used it for the first time the other day there was spray on the compressor unit - just where the hose comes out - 2 large brown spray marks which start not long after the tanning is happening. I have my machine on a unit beside an open window so there is plenty of ventilation there.

I have just sprayed myself and again there are the brown spray marks on the unit which happened not long after I started the tan - also it seems to be spraying erratically.

Can anyone suggest anything - I am really struggling here. have already had to cancel 4 clients as I don't trust this machine. I have worked so hard to build up a good client base for tanning which is all going to go down the tubes if I can't get to the bottom of the problem.:sad:

Any suggestions gratefully received - have attached pics of the problem. (the 2nd pic is of my gun and the hose appears to be kinked - can't get it to straighten out at all and don't want to cut it as it might not fit again).

I previously had the minimist mobile and had absolutely no probs with it at all.

I have this machine and the 'problems' you are having are the normal use of this machine. There is two tiny holes at the side of the inlet hose on the side, this is to regulate the pressure apparently and it is normal for there to be a little light spray when being used. I just clean it down each day and there isnt a problem with mine. The tube on the gun is slightly squished on mine too.. this has not been a problem with my tanning.

The whole system takes a bit of getting used to. I would suggest you hang couch roll up on a wall or your booth and prepare for practising using the machine. I have my machine set thus: The turn switch on the top of the turbine is set fully open (noisiest) this allows more air through and gives a lighter misting. On the gun there is a switch on the top (a black narrow one) I keep this in an up-right position. If you spray down the couch roll altering this switch 1/4 turns at a time, you need to be spraying a 4 inch width approximately, mine works when its upright.

It took me a few tans to be fully confident with mine.. but its a good machine and I don't have any complaints from my clients, its sprays consistently and the clients can dress straight away after application. The only down side to the machine is the bit of overspray coming out of the side and the weight of the hose which can make your arm ache if you have a few tans one after the other, but the machine copes brilliantly with lots of usage. I did 17 one after the other one evening.. with no problems at all.

I hope I have reassured you a little.. but please pm me if you want any more advise about it. :hug:

I had exactly this problem and Mandy very kindly refunded me because I hated the machine so much, I also hated the overspray visible in my room that didn't happen with the minimist.

Neither was I comfortable with the tans I was doing (4 poor ones after 200+ excellent ones)

My solution was to buy another minimist

I am aware this machine is used very successfully by loads of other therapists and it was probably me and not the machine but I hated it with a passion.

I couldn't afford to lose the fantastic reputation and client base I had built for Spray Tan Services.

I have the minimist pro and mine does exactly the same,
as Jen has said this is how the unit works and when you change the settings to how Jen has them you will notice that you get less of the staining on the side of the unit,
once you are used to the unit you will be in love,
i fell in love with mine on the second day and can honestly say it produces the best spray tans i have ever done,
in the past i used a totally different machine from a different company and it was pants in comparison hth

Angela - thanks for your comments - have PM'd you.

Jen & loubylou - thank you so much - this is just the kind of info I need. I shall follow your instructions to the T and report back in a future post.

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you !!! etc!!!

Ax

i am having just the same problems. with machine and have changed the settings a hundred times, I am going to do my daugters today so i will see the results and try the settings you said Jen, I am at the point of calling spray tanning a day :cry::cry::cry:

i dont understand the problems you guys seem to be experiencing with this machine ?

i started using it recently and, yes i get the little spray on the machine itself which the girls explained why, but otherwise its a pleasure to use and the tans are coming out beautifully and clients are happy ?

i do hope you manage to sort out its such a lovely easy service to offer, i think we all experience a learning curve when we start out anything new and it can be frustrating, i want to be perfect at everything i do straight away but i know thats not going to be the case so i have to practice and remember how i felt when i first started doing nails

im wondering if there is anyone near to you that maybe able to pop and see you and see if they can help - maybe thats all you need a little assistance ?

if i am near to either of you just give me a shout, im no expert, but id be happy to come and try help you

kx

OMG - my tan is all stripy - what a mess! I think the kink in the hose must be affecting the spray because it looks like theres bits where the tan has missed completely.

I look like a tangoed zebra!

sounds like you may have the gun set wrong, there is a silver part at the front of the gun where the spray comes out, if you are spraying up and down then this needs to be at the 12.30 (as in clocks) position,
and if you are spraying across the body then this needs to be at the 2.45 position, also if you are spraying too wet this can happen,
if it is none of the above, tape some couch roll lengths to a wall (outside if necessary) and practise spraying down the length of couch roll, also you will be able to see if it is spraying continuously or in spits and spurts hth
let us know how you go :hug:

No don't pack it in hun,
as we have covered every possibility that it could have been it now sounds like you need to contact Collin, he knows the machine inside out and will be only to happy to help or rectify the problem his number is 0800 169 5801 hth :hug:

Hi Alison,
I know exactly what the problem is that is causing this problem..it's not the machine but simply the enviroment it is being used in...I will give you a quick call tomorrow and get you back up and running :hug:

i am having just the same problems. with machine and have changed the settings a hundred times, I am going to do my daugters today so i will see the results and try the settings you said Jen, I am at the point of calling spray tanning a day :cry::cry::cry:
Hi lynda,
I will give you a call tomorrow and give you some advise about the way to cure the problems you are having with your machine as I suspect it is the same as Alison's.
We can also discuss if you wish to take up my offer of addidtional training and marketing support to assist you in gaining confidence as well as means of getting those clients through your door for your new venture :hug:

Following Jen's advice I have been adjusting the settings (spent the last 4 hours playing around arg!). I think the results are better, I have managed to remove the kinked tube and put it in the other way round which seems to have helped, I have also adjusted the top black button to the 'noisy' setting as suggested by Jen - things seemed to be going fine, but when I spray it goes quite smoothly then its like nothing comes out of the gun - so thats why I think I am stripy.

When spraying down white bedroll you get a lovely brown mist - then a bit where nothing seems to come out.

dont want to teach you to suck eggs, but have you stripped the gun right down?
and cleaned it ?
i had the exact same thing the other day, and when i was flushing it through , i was simply spraying water through it, at the same settings as sprayingm
but jen advised me to spray a bit of soapy water through whilst opening the valve at the back fully
then i gave it a thorough clean and it was fine,
i also was not putting enough liquid in the cup and as i was tilting it, i was getting air in it so no liquid came out for a few seconds
but all is ok now
sorry if youve tried all this
like i said i dont want to teach you to suck eggs, as you been doing it a lot longer than me lol

What kind of soapy water - like the stuff you use for washing up dishes?

Still waiting to hear from Collin, so might get something resolved when I do.

When spraying down white bedroll you get a lovely brown mist - then a bit where nothing seems to come out.

This is the same problem I am having Alison. If you come off the gun and go back on it works again but then does the same in the end.

Just trying out a new gun that I got but it is doing the same thing. Hubby is about to try another hoose to see if we can solve this.

Hi Yvonne - its really frustrating isn't it. I spent a lot of money on this new machine and I have only doen one tan with it, I am really distressed.

Did you have to buy a new gun?

ax

Did you have to buy a new gun?

ax

Even though Yvonne has an old machine I gave her direction over the phone on how to fully strip down the gun , fully clean and re assemble it...

Some weeks later Yvonne contacted me and explained that she was still having problems with her old gun....I sent her a new one out completly FREE of charge and free of carriage with our compliments...so no ..even though this was old equipment Yvonne didn't pay for her replacement gun.

I think a service going way beyond the normal call of duty I think :hug:

Latest posts

Back