Help... I tend to over drill when I do a fill-in

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinky's nails

Reaction score
Okay, so I noticed that when I do a fill-in... when i prep the nail... I drill too hard (stripping way too much of the natural nail). I think I confuse the meaning of taking the natural shine out of the nails. Anyhoo... when i complete the fill -in, the nails look fine..... its when the client soaks off the acrylic when I notice the ugly, deep, slightly red rings in the natural nail. The client also complains that their natural nail is sooooo thin. I wanna ditch the drill for fill-ins and use a nail file that does the job well that wont cause lifting. So it would greatly be appreciated if someone could tell me what grit is needed to get the job done.

This is why your clients are getting the burning sensation !

As per your other thread,hth

Did they not teach you about wich files to use in your training ?

Okay, so I noticed that when I do a fill-in... when i prep the nail... I drill too hard (stripping way too much of the natural nail). I think I confuse the meaning of taking the natural shine out of the nails. Anyhoo... when i complete the fill -in, the nails look fine..... its when the client soaks off the acrylic when I notice the ugly, deep, slightly red rings in the natural nail. The client also complains that their natural nail is sooooo thin. I wanna ditch the drill for fill-ins and use a nail file that does the job well that wont cause lifting. So it would greatly be appreciated if someone could tell me what grit is needed to get the job done.

Have you had training to do nails or use an e file, I don't mean to be rude but you post questions that suggest you may not have done

Go get some proper training in how to do nails, how to use an e-file and how to act responsibly.

I would hate to be one of your clients:Scared:

Reading through your threads, it seems you are having problems with application, re balancing, timings, burning nail beds. My advice to you would be to seek out your trainer and go for a 121 session to rectify your problem areas. You are creating unneccessary damage to your clients and although you say you seem to be busy now this will not be the case when your clients go elswhere realising that having nails should not be a painful or damaging effect on their natural nails.
David

If you are over-doing something, next time do it less......
It's a matter of common sense.
You should really learn to use a file, recognise where, when and how much to file, before moving on to an e-file.
Sorry, but you sound like someone driving a car without a license.
Back up a little, re-educate yourself or you will soon find yourself without clients and a bad name.
How would you feel if you went to you to have your nails done.
At least you are asking for advise, thats a step in the right direction.
Reading your other posts, you seem to have a problem with almost "client abuse".
You really need help or soon enough you will end up in court, clients and professionals alike are getting sick and tired of "less than qualified techs desecrating clients fingernails and giving our industry (which the majority of us are quite passionate about), a bad name", it's only a matter of time (a short time) before someone, or some individual will be used as an example, ya never know it could be you. Lets hope you are insured and the story won't make the front page. Educated people are sick of mopping up other people mistakes.
Ditch the e-file and take up some good education.

Okay, so I noticed that when I do a fill-in... when i prep the nail... I drill too hard (stripping way too much of the natural nail). I think I confuse the meaning of taking the natural shine out of the nails.
You should NOT be using an efile to prep the natural nails, especially when you are knowingly removing layers of nail plate. There are products available that professionals use to help them remove non-living tissue from the nail plate prior to enhancing the nails and also rebalancing.
Anyhoo... when i complete the fill -in, the nails look fine..... its when the client soaks off the acrylic when I notice the ugly, deep, slightly red rings in the natural nail. The client also complains that their natural nail is sooooo thin.
You shouldn't (in my opinion) be allowed anywhere near any nails with an efile as you're mutilating your clients nails. It's no wonder your clients are complaining, they've got 'rings of fire' and extremely thin nail plates, this is down to you not knowing how to use the efile and not recognising that you've caused the damage!
I wanna ditch the drill for fill-ins and use a nail file that does the job well that wont cause lifting. So it would greatly be appreciated if someone could tell me what grit is needed to get the job done.
I don't believe that you've done any nail education, the reason for thinking that is that every nail technician should know which grit abrasive to use to perform a rebalance. You should also know that it's not which abrasive you use that causes lifting, but your prep and product application.

Please, don't use your efile anymore and get yourself some nail education!

Okay, so I noticed that when I do a fill-in... when i prep the nail... I drill too hard (stripping way too much of the natural nail). I think I confuse the meaning of taking the natural shine out of the nails. .
When first reading your thread, I was thinking ,'Why oh WHY are you using an e-file on the natural nail to remove shine'? Then you ask the question about what grit should you be using? I looked at your profile and see that you have only dabbled in nails.

My honest opinion is that if you are dabbling in nails, then you should NOT be dabbling on the general public. Would you stick a dentists drill in your mouth if you didn't know how to use it?

I can understand your interest and enthusiasm for nails, that's why we are all geeking on this site, but you cannot call yourself a nail technician just as you can't call yourself a dentist. A nail tech is somebody who has had proper training to provide a professional nail service. If somebody sues you for damages, you will not have a leg to stand on!

If you love nails, why don't you get the correct training and learn to do it properly and professionally?

Pinky, i havent been doing nails for long, but i know enough to know that without proper training, you shouldnt be messing around with peoples nails! How would you feel going to a hairdresser who'd only "dabbled" in hairdressing and used products becuase "thats what other people seem to be using".

do you not worry about the amount you are damaging and hurting people? Your inexperience and lack of training/education could have some long lasting effect on someones hands. Doesnt that bother you? If anyone came near my natural nails with an e file i would run a mile. Stop and have a think about what you're doing and why you're doing it. If you have a genuine passion for nails, like most of us do, then invest in a future with some training. If you're doing it for the money, then keep doing what you're doing, soon enough you wont have any clients left.
Please show a bit of responsibility towards your clients and get some proper education

Are you for real:eek: :eek: ...what you are asking in your threads are some of the first basic things we learn when we get PROPER training....I dont think you have ever had any training at all in nails:irked: and as for using an e-file on the natural nails...whoever taught you that wants shooting or havent you had any training in that either....this is NOT fair to the clients and as far as the USA is concerned arent you supposed to have a licence to perform nail treatments on clients, isnt it illegal to do this on clients without a licence??? All you say is that you have dabbled in nails and now want to try Creative...no way Jose!!!!:irked:

Okay, this is the first thread with slightly positive remarks. Yes, I have had training- I wish I had a scanner to show you documentation to all you Know-it-alls, but anyway.... like I said before... when I was educated, they did not allow us to use an e-file so I had to learn on my own. Second of all, I worded my words all wrong in the posting. (I posted these at 3:00am so of course it is not gonna be the best wording possible) But I'm soooo frustrated/sad/and literally tired that I don't even want to take the time to explain what I really meant. Basically, I know they were simple, basic questions .... which deep in my mind, I already knew the answers to. But I was asking you all just for gratification and justification. But once again... I was let down. For all you guys to be professional , it sure does not show in your posting. Professionals would simply answer the question regardless of wether or not they thought it to be a stupid question. You all keep telling me to watch how I word things in my posting..... but you all should take your own advice. I thought this would be an enjoyable experience... a place where you can let your guard down and say what comes to mind.... but if this is a place where I have to hesitate/ or think twice about what I'm about to post then you all can kick rocks. Three times too many bad replies... i no longer want to be apart of this website.

P.S.- I haven't felt like this in a long time.... you all stepping on my face like this is just fuel for my fire.... my motivation to "take one step at a time" Hint-Hint. So what i'm not an expert............ I'll get there. Peace out

Hi Pinky, I am a geek who became convinced that this was a 'wind-up'. I did begin by trying to help you and offer some support but then read your other threads where it became crystal clear that you are lacking in knowledge of nails and training and damaging your clients nails and hurting them. To be honest, I'm suprised you have not been sued yet!

We ask new geeks to fill in their profiles so that we can learn about them and their training and and bits of info explaining family, pets, hobbies etc. just help to add that personal touch. You stated that you dabble in nails and made no mention of professional training, so what were we to think? The UK is inundated with non standard salons where people have their nails mutilated much of the time. As nail professionals we are trying to educate the public about the very real hazards of these salons. I postively cringe at some of the things I have seen although admit that I have made mistakes and vow to never make them again. This is obviously what you are trying to do, so I appologise for being cynical, but your profile led me to believe you were UNTRAINED. What's more, the geeks on this site don't have time for wind-ups when we are genuinely trying to help. So I hope you can see it from my point of view also.

That been said, perhaps some of the US geeks can point you in the right direction for acceptable training. Good luck with that and I hope you go from strength to srength.

Several 'Geeks' have given you more than enough of their time to try to help.

Maybe you should give a little of your time and fill in your profile properly instead of repitition of 'nevermind'!

Not got the answers you want? Well nevermind. Better luck next time

Just to let you know, she had previously filled out her profile correctly but after the replies that she has received she has changed it to "nevermind".

Just to let you know, she had previously filled out her profile correctly but after the replies that she has received she has changed it to "nevermind".
Well how childish is that! Her profile when I viewed it stated 'dabbled in nails' with no mention of professional training. I've lost any sympathy now! :rolleyes:

DO DENTISTS TEACH THEMSELVES HOW TO USE A DRILL?
OUCH!!!!!
Most people answered the initial problem correctly, the solution is education.
You need to be "shown" how to use a drill correctly, you cannot merely "describe" how to use one.
Quite often, if initial education in application is thorough (and the use of a decent product), there is very little need for an e-file at all.

I'm not bothered if a question is genuine or not, the fact remains, my replies are.

Professionals would simply answer the question regardless of wether or not they thought it to be a stupid question.

I don't really want to get involved in deciding whether Pinky is genuine or not, trained or not - we can all make our own decisions, but this sentence I'm afraid...I will defend slightly.

A TRUE professional will not give out answers to basic questions to anyone - they will ensure that the person they are giving it to, has the knowledge and skills to be able to use that information effectively.

Basically, if I get asked anything in a professional manner by anyone, I'll respond professionally and be happy to help.

I have decided to stick around!!! I'm not going to let anyone stop me from getting help that I desperately need.

Im not up here to whind any one up, and sorry that I caused such an up-roar. Thanx for all the apologies that were sent my way. So I want to start over with people that can help me. I will be filling out my profile again soon (dont have that much time now), this time it will be correct. Next time I make a posting, I will think about how I word it, the people I'm directing it too, and the over all meaning of what I am saying. I dont want you all to think Im full of games. Im a very nice person when you get to know me..... just dont under-estimate me, and take it for weakness. I am also sorry for wording the "smack in the face" which was suppose to mean "this should be a wake up call" not in literal tense. SORRY ABOUT THE WHOLE THING!!!!

So....... all I'm saying is that I would like to start again if thats okay with you all.:green:

Pinky, as one baby geek to another, i think the dummy was meant tongue in cheek (ie a joke) so perhaps we should put the bitchin aside if we do mean to start again?

We have access to loads of wonderful professionals on this site and it's advice and experience money cant buy. There have been a few threads recently on behavior of newbies and basically, we gotta remember to have respect for our elders, whether thats in age or experience. I mean you no harm but suggest that if you keep "naming and shaming" individual posters, you may tend to alienate yourself? They make allowances for newbies asking the same questions over and over and personallly im hugely grateful for it. Perhaps allowances should work both ways?

this is a long established forum and i'm grateful to be part of it and for the other geeks who constantly give me support and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back