Help please!!! disaster with tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailchic83

Reaction score
I completed a full set of acrylics on a client today which looked really good and i was pleased with my work as i now feel i have conqered the art!!:irked: i then checked underneath the nails to see if there was much acrylic trapped under the nails, and to my horror a few of the tips(white french tips were seperated from the nail plate, you could actually poke something under there!! I am so upset that i couldnt bring myself to tell the client although i will phone her tomorrow, does anyone know why this has happened as i'm really confused:| also i used a resin to apply the tips rather than a glue, would that make a difference?

it sounds as if the adhesive hadnt set properly before you let go of the tip whilst you were fitting them. either that or the tip shape wasnt a good match to the curve of the clients nail and the adhesive couldnt hold them strongly enough in place and they 'popped up'

Hi, thanks for your reply, i actuallt spoke to you on the phone the other night regarding ordering Le Chat gel, my names Vicky?, what do you recommend to do for thid client shall i contact her?

... or it sounds as though the client could have flat nails which didn't match the tip, I would be interested to find out how this is going to be remedied so come on all you experienced nail experts how would you solve this one without removing the whole nail. :hug:

it does sound like the tips where not fitted right...wrong shape/style.....or another thing that springs to mind is...

If you place the tip right on the free edge of the nail...and its applied correctly then this shouldn't happen....if tips are applied further down the nail bed then there is a greater chance that they haven't made full contact.

I think the girl did have acrylic nails done at a place where they use that mma but there were no signs of any product left on the plate and the tips seemed to be alright fitting wise, i actually used well less tips so i can't tell what i've done wrong, what would you recommend i do

i think you should hang on and see if there are any problems and try not to panic.

your product will probably have filled the gaps.

wait until the client returns for maintenance and fix any problems then by soaking off the dodgy ones and replacing.
make sure the tip fits the profile of the free edge next time and if you find that the tip is too curvy for the natural nail use the next size up and file down
the sides to the right width. this should give you a gentler curve. be very sure that the adhesive had time to set before you release your hold on the tip. perhaps the resin you used was slower setting than your usual adhesive and needed a little longer.

p.s yes i do remember talking with you, hope i have been some help :)

Maybe it's where you applied your tips. If you butt the 'lip' of the contact area up to the free edge it will be flush. If you match the smile line of the tip 2 the one on the clients nails - it will have that gap.

How / where did you apply the tip?

Maybe she doesn't have a naturally 'curvy' C curve?

hth
xx

Thanks, i did match the smile line a bit above her natural one as she had quite a large nail bed, maybe i applied it to far up the nail bed causing the tip not fitting? who knows?:rolleyes: I think I might phone her tomorrow and explain and soak off and re apply, i think it might br brtter to do this rather than take a chance. I didnt say anthing when i noticed it coz it was at the end and she had to get away and i freaked out completely:irked: xx

I think the girl did have acrylic nails done at a place where they use that mma but there were no signs of any product left on the plate and the tips seemed to be alright fitting wise, i actually used well less tips so i can't tell what i've done wrong, what would you recommend i do

Maybe it's where you applied your tips. If you butt the 'lip' of the contact area up to the free edge it will be flush. If you match the smile line of the tip 2 the one on the clients nails - it will have that gap.

How / where did you apply the tip?

Maybe she doesn't have a naturally 'curvy' C curve?

hth
xx

Nailchic83 has actually used well less tips therefore there is no stop point on the contact area, with well less you place them on the nail where you want them.
I agree with Angel fingers that the tip has not been held on the nail long enough for the resin to set, therefore it has popped back up from the nail in the centre, you are right to say that the nail was possibly a bit flat for the tip adding to this problem.

Thanks, i did match the smile line a bit above her natural one as she had quite a large nail bed, maybe i applied it to far up the nail bed causing the tip not fitting? who knows?:rolleyes: I think I might phone her tomorrow and explain and soak off and re apply, i think it might br brtter to do this rather than take a chance. I didnt say anthing when i noticed it coz it was at the end and she had to get away and i freaked out completely:irked: xx

i'm sure she will contact you if there is a problem.

though you could make a 'routine' follow up call and see if she has any issues that need dealing with.

Thanks Angel fingers for your advise i feel a bit more at ease now.x

Thanks Angel fingers for your advise i feel a bit more at ease now.x

thats o.k, i know what it feels like.
i can remeber when i was new to the business, i would dread the phone ringing as i always thought it would be somone that wasnt happy.
paranoid i was :lol:

You have hit the nail on the head, the amount of sleepless nights i have!! i just care about my work so much!

While i've got you, i'm going to try the Le Chat gel tomorrow on a friend as a french overlay, do i apply two coats of the nobility white gel, also would you recommend the buff off gel for NNO or is the nobility ok to continuelsly infill

i like the nobility best for nno the flexibility is great.
i usually do 2 coats of white , 1 if i want a more subtle look.
i infil it quite a few times before i soak. i only soak if its got any problems that cant be removed with a file.

the file off gel has an easier texture to file, but the nobilty soak off whilst having a slightly more rubbery feel is a lot easier to file than some other soak off gels.

Hiya Nailchick I would ring and make sure they are ok, the problem is if they are not fitted proper then they will defo come off if she is a bit rough with them and what about greenies or anything if water or dirt get up there iykwim I would have soaked the bad ones off there and then or asked her to come back as a couple of them weren't right, if not and they do come of easy you may lose a client. Make yourself an account on CND and get some Gel bond its suppose to be really good I am going to I use NSI Adhesive but want to try gel bond. Good Luck with your client whatever you do, it's never easy I am never happy with any nails I always think I could do better but I just think it will always be that way lol

Nailchic83 has actually used well less tips therefore there is no stop point on the contact area, with well less you place them on the nail where you want them.
I agree with Angel fingers that the tip has not been held on the nail long enough for the resin to set, therefore it has popped back up from the nail in the centre, you are right to say that the nail was possibly a bit flat for the tip adding to this problem.

Ah, I only read her initial post. (oops)

I have always used nsi and ezflow resin but find they take ages to cure so I got some gelbond from S2 and tried it last night. It's amazing stuff.. no air bubbles, cures in seconds and I mean seconds.. the difference it made in time as well as adhesion was really good.

I agree with annebet, I'd try some.

I completed a full set of acrylics on a client today which looked really good and i was pleased with my work as i now feel i have conqered the art!!:irked: i then checked underneath the nails to see if there was much acrylic trapped under the nails, and to my horror a few of the tips(white french tips were seperated from the nail plate, you could actually poke something under there!! I am so upset that i couldnt bring myself to tell the client although i will phone her tomorrow, does anyone know why this has happened as i'm really confused:| also i used a resin to apply the tips rather than a glue, would that make a difference?
Hi, I just wondered what the outcome of your 'dilemma' was? Well, a lady came in to see me the other day and all her tips (done by someone else) which had been done the day before had all popped away from her natural nail and what caused it was the other nail tech had squeezed the tips too much and for too long whilst the tip glue was drying! Such a shame as other from that they looked fab......best regards, Julie

I had exactly the same problems a time ago, My client had very curved nails, i should have put the tips further forward toward the free edge or rocked the tip forward , they lasted the distance thank goodness !

Latest posts

Back