Help with eyebrow waxing..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was trained not to go over the same area twice with warm wax especially on the face, you may get away with it on legs but that is depending on how sensitive a clients skin is. I have to say I have never looked back since using hot wax on eyebrows, I was almost ready to give up with eyebrow waxing because of the same clients always looking like skin was removed and that was only waxing over the area once - all my clients have been impressed with the hot wax, they say it is less painful and they do not go as red and as I said before I have never ever caused a graze with hot wax x

Rubytues & katty-thanks again for the replies. I'm going to look into getting/using some oil. I'm concerned however as I was trained that I could use warm wax twice on the same area but hot wax was NEVER to be applied a second time. Can someone clear this up please as I'm becoming more confused-lol!!

It's possible the trainer got the different waxes mixed up as it's definately warm wax you can't repeat on the same area. Hth pretty geeky x

Mmmmm I was told it's fine to go over with warm wax twice but no more than that, to be honest I don't on the face but only because it's very rare I need to as I get most hairs with the first wax and then pluck and little ones that are left . But I have been told with hot and warm wax that it's ok to go over twice.

warm wax once
hot wax twice

x

I'm so glad I know now, not that I have had any incidents as of yet but I would have quite happily waxed over the area for a second time and quite easy hurt someone as that is what I was advised when I did my training. Thanks everyone for clarifying

Yeah, thanks for clarifying! It was actually almost literally drummed into us that warm wax could be used twice and hot wax only once on any area......concerns me what else I might be misinformed on! :-/

I don't know from my experience the hot wax doesn't grab the hairs and I still see some hair left on skin. My warm wax is a one time shot! I find it a lot less painful too on myself but my clients all prefer the warm over the hot, even on intimate areas.

prob not relevant now but i dont use hot wax on the eyebrows ive tried it and personally i dont feel comfortable with it, i think its a practice thing for me i feel more in control with warm wax on facial areas. I had not ever heard of using oil only lycon so may give this a go on my sensitive clients. I have grazed one or 2 in my time and i now SMOTHER their eyebrows in talc before waxing to protect the skin a bit more, i am literally a talc monster some days lol... touch wood no problems!
At college (going back a fair while now) we were never taught to talc or oil the face before waxing, talc makes such a difference its mad they dont teach u this!

talc causes cancer? ive heard it all now!
What isnt linked to cancer lol
Im carrying on with my talc im afraid but thanks for the link! x

Of course you should do what you believe to be right. Xx

Hi there, I'm currently doing level 2 beauty therapy and due to finish soon and we have been taught to use unperfumed talc before waxing. I tend to use the talc on the underarm area
Hth

Bbk carry on with your talcking!

Blimey, I never use talc nor would I let someone use it on me! It's ovarian cancer which it causes so puffing it about the nether regions just isn't good! The oil before waxing sounds ridiculous but it really does work, just give it a try once you might be surprised! X

Blimey, I never use talc nor would I let someone use it on me! It's ovarian cancer which it causes so puffing it about the nether regions just isn't good! The oil before waxing sounds ridiculous but it really does work, just give it a try once you might be surprised! X

If it was that bad for your health why is baby powder still sold and why is it still being taught at college... As I said before these days most things are linked to cancer.
Each to their own I feel, some people are greener than others. Smoking and alcohol must be more dangerous to your health than having some talc applied during waxing, no one has mentioned they are unhappy with me applying talc in my 7 years x

Hi there, just anote it may be a friction burn as opposed to a thermal burn

I still use powder occasionally especially in the summer when people get really hot i have no aircon in my room.I Use Femfresh which is corn starch and is developed for the intimate area,so perfectly safe, but yes i know what you mean about the ovarian risk and thats why i changed and i now do not use talc on myself either.

I use femfresh too on sweaty skin!

I was told at college I could do warm once but never ever go over skin twice with hot wax!! I'm confused!

Lol Serenity Beauty!! I started the thread and I'm still confused.....I was taught the exact same as you but it seems it was just the two of us!! Maybe that's how they are teaching newbies-which course did you do? PGx

Latest posts

Back