Hi, I'll be with you in just one second.... next thing you know, its a few hours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinky's nails

Reaction score
Help me.... I'm a very busy nail tech.... I haven't been doing nails that long... but I've become quite popular amongst individuals within a short period of time. I take apppointments as well as walk-ins.... and somehow I always screw up my timing. I tell customers that I will be with them shortly and end up taking 2 hours to get to them. I am nowhere near slow when servicing my customers but I just don't know how to schedule my clients right. I'm even surpirsed that almost all my customers come back knowing that they have to sit and wait soooooo long. I've been told that I'm like a roller coaster ride at King's Dominion..... wait so long in the line but once on the ride, its over in 3 seconds. So do you think I should just take appoinments, or take appointments on certain days, walk ins on another? Can someone out there tell me their scheduling routine so that I can get a basic idea? Thanks
icon_frown.gif

Hi

How long have you been doing nails its says in your profile you stated in 2003 and who did you train with.

Dawnie x

If you've been doing nails that long you ought to know your timings pretty well by now! If doing L&P and you know it takes you say and hour and a half, someone walks in half way through, surely you should be able to say, I'm gonna be about 45 mins, you're welcome to wait here or come back in 3/4 of an hour!
:eek: :eek:

This has got to be a wind up. Three threads this morning, saying the worst possible things. Is it to agrivate us or genuine? If its genuine then three years experience must be wrong.

This has got to be a wind up. Three threads this morning, saying the worst possible things. Is it to agrivate us or genuine? If its genuine then three years experience must be wrong.

I think you're right there!!!

WTF?! Have I missed something? lol
Lets play nice peeps, a bit of straightforward advice is all thats required! x

Apex,

Check out the threads started by her.... this is why people think it's a wind-up.

I for one agree with others, if she's as busy as stated and as experienced; makes absolutely no sense that she hasn't learned to schedule herself appropriately by now:rolleyes:

GET SOME TRAINING AND SORT YOURSELF OUT!

Teri :mad:

Apex,

Check out the threads started by her.... this is why people think it's a wind-up.

I for one agree with others, if she's as busy as stated and as experienced; makes absolutely no sense that she hasn't learned to schedule herself appropriately by now:rolleyes:
Right ho, just read the other threads & I will dismount my high-horse & jump off my soap-box, lol
I'm a bit confused really, perhaps shes typed in the wrong dates in her profile, lol, beyond that, I really dont get it :confused:

Hun, whats going on?

I wouldnt bother replying to anymore of these threads, she seems to post and never come back...just chalk it up asa bad egg imo

I dont understand because she's posted all these threads but now will not answer when we ask! Its poss someone thats been watching us for a while knows what gets our backs up and tried to wind us up.

why would anyone want to wind us up? Unless they didnt have a life :green:

i have read previous posts and if your dates are correct for some one who has been in this business for as long as you have you should now what to do by now and not just with timeing !!... i mean 3 years is a long time to not now what you are doing my avice would be to either re-train or stop the funny business casue there are geeks that really need help and advice !! think about what you posting ... xx

Perhaps we should just be greatful she is on here winding us up, at least that way she's hasn't got the tme to be inflicting her 'skills' on the public!

The more we reply to her threads, the more she is amused I'm sure.

Just ignore her.

If she's legit, we'll learn soon enough and we can apologise.
If not..... enough said

Help me.... I'm a very busy nail tech.... I haven't been doing nails that long... but I've become quite popular amongst individuals within a short period of time.
I know I should probably ignore this thread but you call yourself popular amongst individuals for doing nails?:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is laughable and definitely NOT true based on other threads.

And as for your comment in your profile about 'thinking of dabbling with Creative'. Well I'm not a Creative trained tech and even I know they WONT LET YOU DABBLE!!!!

The more we reply to her threads, the more she is amused I'm sure.

Just ignore her.

If she's legit, we'll learn soon enough and we can apologise.
If not..... enough said

Well said!

edited not allowed an opinion, for fear of being called bitchy
so i have removed my reply

Why is everyone being so bitchy?

For gods sake this person could have posted this and had to go out or anything.

Ok it seems they haven't had fantastic training and probably need help. I'm sure we will find out eventually. Everybody has room for improvement, some more than others and unfortunately some start off and carry on with crap training. Maybe the dabble comment was only an off the cuff comment and wasn't actually meant the way we all think!

For now though why don't we back off and stop the bitching??

I dont think people are being bitchy necessarily, she has started a few threads and not got back to any of them, and if someone knows she is causing her clients pain and knows they are filing threw the natural nail plate then why continue to do it....it's basic common sense in my opinion!

Latest posts

Back