Home salon...what colour!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dinkydot

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've decided to decorate my home-based salon so far Ive been and bought my wood flooring, and Im considering to wallpaper two walls in a black/white paper know do I paint the remainding two walls white, or will it be a bit startling..???

The other colour that I have to contribute to my colour scheme is hot pink towels to break the colour up a bit...PLEASE HELP!!!

Angie

xx

What colour of wood flooring is it?

A lot depends on the size of the room if it is on the small side then you may want to stick with plain neutral colours (creams peaches caramels). You can afford to be a bit bolder if your room is of medium to large, you can go for a patterned wall paper, it also depends on how much furniture you will be putting in, if your products & equipment will be on display if like me you have a small room I would be as neutral and minimal as possible. Draw yourself a couple of plans see what fits where best. HTH. x

Go the whole hog and paint them hot pink,
i know it sounds mad but it does not look as bad as you would think and it is a calming cheery colour, hth

If you do the other walls a neutral shade..white/cream... then if you have your certs, pictures, on the wall you could paint a hot pink border round the frames, that looks effective. xx

if it was me id have pink and white walls!!! lol but thats only cos im mad of the colour pink

personally id put wallpaper on 1 feature wall, ive been looking at some and ive found some lovely pink papers! then id do the other walls cream or white!
or you could paint the feature wall pink
im sure it will look lovely when finished x

I am with everyone on the pink theme, but that's just me!!!!!! :)

I would have them both white tbh and i would only add a splash of pink in your accssories. A whole pink wall would be OTT and i would be sick of it in a week.
Black and white paper sounds lush thou i have my home salon in black and white. :) Piccies in my album xx

I think that sounds great...I think you could get away with doing 2 bold walls if you have a good sized room...or if you did a wall and a window wall say...I dont think painting the other walls white would be too startling at all...go for it!

I have quite a small room...so I have wallpapered the back wall (that faces the door as you walk in) in a raspberry pink.....the rest of the walls have been magnoliad...I like it as the room doesnt feel smaller or darker because of wallpaper everywhere..but has a nice splash of colour....and so far im not sick of it lol

whatever you decide make sure you post pics! x

Go the whole hog and paint them hot pink,
i know it sounds mad but it does not look as bad as you would think and it is a calming cheery colour, hth

LOL, that sounds like our bedroom! Deep pink walls and a pale pink ceiling. Oh, and the carpet is pink too! It does work though.

I think you'd need to be careful about how it would go with the wooden flooring though. Although we've got light maple wood effect laminate in the computer room and dark purple walls, and that looks fab...

My salon was all white with pink accessories until very recently. My room is approx 24ft by 9 ft so i wanted to keep it bright and airy. I also have an obsession with keeping it clean so the white walls are great as I just repaint them every few months. There is a couple of pics in my profile if you want to have a look.
The room is now white/taupe and oatmeal:green:

Last edited:
LOL, that sounds like our bedroom! Deep pink walls and a pale pink ceiling. Oh, and the carpet is pink too! It does work though.

I think you'd need to be careful about how it would go with the wooden flooring though. Although we've got light maple wood effect laminate in the computer room and dark purple walls, and that looks fab...

OOO no ! ceilings always have to be white ! lol

can you upload a photo of your room Angie?

hey hun how are you? i hope i helped in some way last night :) was great chatting to you take care
x

Im with you Kate on the ceiling....it has to be white!!

Think Im going to go for Black/White paper...so that will keep the feel of space and freshness and the pink towels and acc will give it warmth...!!

I will upload pics in my album this week when my room is empty, and as I proceed with my decorating......till the finish!!!

xx

Latest posts

Back