Home Waxing ????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Hiya..x

I am wondering if anyone can help/advise me on whats best to use if i want to wax me lady garden myself....???

Always used a epilady so ain't too bothered about the pain thing...but can you do it yourself...?....if so where or what do i get....?

I know i could go and get this done professionally but to be honest...neah !!...not me bits :lol:

Ta x

Hiya..x

I am wondering if anyone can help/advise me on whats best to use if i want to wax me lady garden myself....???

Always used a epilady so ain't too bothered about the pain thing...but can you do it yourself...?....if so where or what do i get....?

I know i could go and get this done professionally but to be honest...neah !!...not me bits :lol:

Ta x

I was reading about someones painful diy experience yesterday in the journals lol You've more nerve than me Angie :irked:

Having not done it myself I can not give you an opinion but I have seen a few threads on here about DIY bikini hollywoods and brazilians. Have a browze or hopefully one of the geeks will soon see your thread and give you some tips.
Hope you get on alright.
Lisa
xxxx

hey just had a thought....(thats a first..:lol:).....is it seen in the same bad light as DIY nails...???

Your lady garden, im loving it that had me in stiches pmsl.
i have only done my basic waxing course so as its such a sensitive area i will leave it too the more experienced waxers to advise you :hug:

You could do it yourself - I do mine but you do need to be careful and know what you're doing.

Make sure you keep the skin taught when pulling off the strip or you could cause bruising of the area.

I guess it depends on how confident you feel hun.

I tryed to do mine after i trained in waxing as i had a real bad experince the first time :lol: this has now lead to me not being able to rip the second strip off as i go all weak and stupid. :lol:

If you attempt it yourself (I honestly wouldn't recommend it unless you're a contortionist:o), I wouldn't use ordinary strip/warm wax. As this sticks to the skin as well as the hair you will probably get yourself in a right mess and end up with bruising.
You could attempt it (if you must) with hot wax. Different application techniques. Pm me if you decide to go ahead and I'll let you know what to do.
Hot wax adheres to the hair but not the skin, it cools to a texture a bit like plasticine, but still grabs the hair, however if left for too long it goes too brittle and harder to remove.
Hot wax is in my opinion the best type of wax for pruning the lady garden.:lol:

I tryed to do mine after i trained in waxing as i had a real bad experince the first time :lol: this has now lead to me not being able to rip the second strip off as i go all weak and stupid. :lol:

I'm the same! If I have to do mine I do it in stages because otherwise it gets to a point where I just can't pull the strip off. You have to be so careful Angie as it can lead to bruising or even worse, ripping the skin off. Best left to the pro's ... why not get Amber to do it for you?!!!

Hiya..x

Ta x

A strong G & T to start with... or preferred drink...

.... then a deep breath as you inflict the pain yourself!!!

On a serious note... wouldn't it hurt more if you did it yourself?

All i can say is ouch, ouch and ouch.....it brings back memoriies of when i bought a cold waxng kit from Boots when i was 17....it was bad thats all im saying, i thinki`d have to grin and bare it (literally) and go to the salon!!

exactly sassy !

Pop over....bring a couple of paracetamols and i'll have it whipped of in no time BRAZILLIAN style !:green:

exactly sassy !

Pop over....bring a couple of paracetamols and i'll have it whipped of in no time BRAZILLIAN style !:green:

....see this is why...:Scared: with your sense of humour i could end up with a checker board design...:lol: x

I always do my bikini myself,I just dont think I could stand Nina(my boss)or anyone else doing it for me.I like to do an area,have a yell/moan,then move onto the next bit.

You do have to be strong to do it on yourself,I usually have a bit of a count to myself,then rip strip off asap.

I use warm wax and strips as I do on all my clients.No problems.

I do find it painful,if I have left it for some time before doing it.The best way is to keep on top of it and do it every 4 weeks,once the hairs start getting longer then you are talking a whole new different ball game.

I personally would not recommend you doing it on yourself,unless you have experience of waxing.It's not an easy task doing it on yourself.I have seen some horrendous bruising on clients who have attempted to do it themselves,they have all said never again.This would be my recommendation to you.HTHxx:green:

....see this is why...:Scared: with your sense of humour i could end up with a checker board design...:lol: x

nah not keen on black and white?

how about pink? in a loveheart? or i have an arrow if you'd prefer?

On a serious note why dont you try immac? quick and easy ! or a bikini trimmer?

amb x

bikini trimmer then immac if i want zero hair, but mostly i use my bikini trimmer which you can use all over
ooh er missus how hard is it trying to word this topic...lol

bikini trimmer then immac if i want zero hair, but mostly i use my bikini trimmer which you can use all over
ooh er missus how hard is it trying to word this topic...lol

Trouble is with trimmers you have the horrible stubble and itchiness when it grows back,because it's cutting hair from skin level leaving blunt hair rather than plucking hair from follicle and leaving nice tapered hair.

Much nicer finish,go to a professional and enjoy,lol:green:

I always do my bikini myself,I just dont think I could stand Nina(my boss)or anyone else doing it for me.I like to do an area,have a yell/moan,then move onto the next bit.

You do have to be strong to do it on yourself,I usually have a bit of a count to myself,then rip strip off asap.

I use warm wax and strips as I do on all my clients.No problems.

I do find it painful,if I have left it for some time before doing it.The best way is to keep on top of it and do it every 4 weeks,once the hairs start getting longer then you are talking a whole new different ball game.

I personally would not recommend you doing it on yourself,unless you have experience of waxing.It's not an easy task doing it on yourself.I have seen some horrendous bruising on clients who have attempted to do it themselves,they have all said never again.This would be my recommendation to you.HTHxx:green:

I agree with this,

I do mine myself, there is no way i would be able to lie there & have someone else do it !

Ive counted to about 30 before before ive had courage to rip it off. I really wouldn't reccomend doing your own it can be really painful it you rip it off in wrong direction !!!

nah not keen on black and white?

how about pink? in a loveheart? or i have an arrow if you'd prefer?

On a serious note why dont you try immac? quick and easy ! or a bikini trimmer?

amb x

i have used immac but i wanted something that lasts longer...ok..you guys have totally put me off doing it myself so i might just take amber up on her offer...pink heart me thinks...:lol:

Go and get it done professionally hun, 5 mins of :o is much better than hours of agonising pain followed by a week or so of bruising and soreness, and do take a couple of pain killers half an hour before the appointment it does help :hug:

Latest posts

Back