How careful are you about what you eat.....BAD BREATH!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you watch what you eat the night before your clients?

• Don't give a damn I eat what I like

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • I do eat the stinky stuff but chew gum to take the smell away

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • I'm careful what I eat during the week and limit stinky stuff until the weekend - or other?

Votes: 46 44.2%

• Total voters

Tiger Jay

Reaction score
Ever had to sit through a 2 hour appointment only to find yourself veering away from your client because of the curry consumed the night before?
Not nice but it's part of the job I suppose.

Put the boot on the other foot, then.

How many of you are careful about what you eat before your appointments the next day. Garlic is great but not from the receiving end, if you get my meaning!
This poll is a result from reading the thread about what's not ethical. Bad breath was an after thought. (which probably comes under personal hygiene!)

I personally do watch what I eat and try to stick to the stinky stuff at weekends. Also good dental hygiene helps!

So fire away lets hear it!!!!

I ate a cesear salad the other day before I realised my next cient was for an eye brow wax!

Luckily she had a cold, so couldnt smell it and the appointment was for only 10 minutes!

I didn't vote because none of the options applied to me.

I eat what I want the night before,I brush my teeth well and use a good mouthwash.

I dont chew gum but I do have a mouth spray which works a treat and I eat mints whilst at work.

Ok who's the gum chewer?

A very shy gum chewer!!:eek:

I eat what I like... not because I don't care, but because the majority of my clients have a lot of garlic/onions in their diet so they don't notice it lol... I always use mouthwash if I've been eating strong smelling foods and always have chewing gum/smints/similar in the car 'just incase' the mouthwash doesn't work :wink2:

I'm a smoker.
I always make sure I have a clean smoke-free shirt on before a client arrives. I also spray with a light body spray, myself AND my hair (that also absorbs smoke).
AND I always have scented candles burning i the house.
AND usually only smoke outside during summer months and at the kitchen window in the winter.

I am very concious of odours, despite being a smoker (I can smell my mother, as a smoker, and she's a chain smoker)

I eat what I like BUT brush teeth & tongue and gargle before they arrive AND chew gum discreetly.

I take clients 7 nights of the week.... I'm not going to change my choices of food to suit them. I have to tolerate them & their odours as much as they have to tolerate mine.

To date, no one has ever complained.
I've only ever been told "oh I didn't know you were a smoker, I couldn't smell it on you" or "your house smells nice", so I assume any breath issues I might have due to my diet aren't issues at all

:lol:

I'm a smoker and I eat what I want....I have good oral hygiene and also Extra Strong Mints...not so good for the teeth but I always suck one after a fag when I'm at work.

Halitosis isn't just a result of what you eat and yes it's not nice when working close proximity!

Eh,not saying I never chew gum,just not in front of the clients :)
It's ok I was referring to chewing gum in front of clients, probably didn't make that clear in the poll........sorry guys!

I chew gum right up to the point when I pull up out side the house of the client, then I ditch it. But I tend to use gum alot, being a smoker. (But not chewer in front of the client).
Also the old dental hygiene thing is a big must.......along with any personal hygiene for that matter.

Do you know during the day,in between clients,if I have a ciggy outside at home, (don't do it in the house) I even ware a leather glove to stop my hand stinking! Obviously I don't bother when I go out. I guess that would look pretty dumb!

I bet that sounds a bit odd but I am paranoid about it!:lol:

I do think about what i am eating especially when i have a client straight after lunch. I always chew Extra gum right up to the point of getting to the clients house, (same as you Tiger Jay) but then i always clean my teeth regularly, or gum if i am unable to.

Driving between clients I would always chew gum or eat mints to freshen up but what people don't seem to realise is if you don't eat or drink enough water through the day you get bad breath. So don't skip lunch and keep hydrated.
I thnk it's really important to have good oral hygiene when you are working so close to people.

I clicked the dont give a damn but thats not entirely true, the truth is i havnt really thought about it untill now, but i will be watching what i eat from now on, only thing i ever eat that smells is spag bol so looks like this will have to stick to sat or sun meal from now on

I voted I eat what I want as I don't really eat spicey food, can't having an Irritable bowel, plus always have good dental hygiene!!! :)

i do TRY to be careful about garlic but sometimes it cant be helped :green:

SO yep i chew gum and always have mints and appologise before hand !

I find it worse when i have to sit and do someones nails and they stink of fags i'd rather the garlic !!!!

amb x

I put don't give a damn as i generally eat what i want but clean my teeth and tongue (which makes me gag). I do chew gum but not in front of clients.

Teri x:hug:

food smells dont bother me.. its when a client has just had a cigarette. oh man, it makes me want to throw up. I have one client in particular, she ALWAYS has one before she comes in, shes only with me for 10 mins, so why she cant just wait is beyond me, but i do her eyebrows, so i have to get a bit closetr to her face than i would like. Shes a lovely woman, but that smell just makes me wretch.

as far as my eating goes i love onion and any strong nasty food to be honest, but i dont eat it at work. The other therapist eats onion at work AND smokes, i wouldnt want her in my face!! but i dont like her anyway so even if she smelled of roses she can still stay away! lol.

I often don't have what I want if its got garlic in it. I'd hate my clients to think I had stinky breath!

I do eat what I want and chew gum to mask the smell. I chew very discreetly, however, lol.

chewing gum in front of anyone whilst you are talking to them is rude chew it then bin it oh and putting in in ash trays or or under tables is gross sugar free mints is the better way to go imo

I know chewing gum while talking to clients is rude so when i say discreetly, its very discreetly and it usually just sits in my mouth. When I work on models, my head is usually down so I can concentrate on what I am doing. I actually don't socialize very much while I'm doing my work as I find it takes too long. I'm new and want to minimize my mistakes.

Latest posts

Back